Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Is there anywhere (other than Straighterline) where one can take accelerated courses?
Good to know. Thanks. Might help somebody. I'd initially been looking for an actual class (which I guess Straighterline kind-of is, but, my own employer's tuition assistance reimbursement program won't reimburse for Straighterline), but, I directed someone else, today, to this thread, for the other resources that folks offered, so perhaps these will be summed up, appropriately, in one spot. Tally-Ho!
CSU-Pueblo was the winner, for me, for at least one course, but I learned a lot, along the way:
Rio Salado College, at $86/cr hr seems great, w/ many offerings
KCTCS had the most confusing person to answer the phone; they might have something good, but, with classes starting Mondays and running awhile (not self-paced), it wasn't for me, for now, anyway
Univ of Arkansas has definite start times for each of around 46 classes and is $480+ fees for a 3 cr course
LSU's classes run 9-12 weeks (not self-paced, as well) and was going to be $728+$10 app fee, $ for book, ProctorU test for $40
BYU independent study has a lot of course offerings w/ most being $549 for a 3 cr course

I appreciated learning about Saylor Academy, too

Self-paced and getting 4 credits was why I chose CSU-Pueblo, which, like the others, seems to have a specialty in offering these easy-entry (meaning no matriculation) AND self-paced courses, with the cost not being a factor, given that I want to complete it, this year, so that my company will pay, out of the remaining tuition assistance program money that I will otherwise leave on the table

Thank you all for your help
Colorado State University-Pueblo extendedstudies.csupueblo.edu/ExtendedStudies/page/default.aspx

I don't know as to site navigation, for other places about which I gathered information, but, CSU-Pueblo's Extended Studies registration form is available, at the above URL; it wasn't apparent to me - I kept ending up at undergraduate admissions...
correction - here is the exact URL of the CSU-Pueblo Independent Studies / Extended Studies registration form:

http://extendedstudies.csupueblo.edu/Ind...4-2015.pdf
riosalado.edu has 8-week courses. They are mainly self-paced meaning you can work ahead if you want. WGU.edu will allow you to take as many credits as you want within six months for a flat fee.
MA in progress
Certificate in the Study of Capitalism - University of Arkansas
BS, Business  Administration - Ashworth College
Certificates in Accounting & Finance 
BA, Regents Bachelor of Arts - West Virginia University
AAS & AGS

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Missing Straighterline credits on credly yc1981 2 78 Yesterday, 07:53 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 7 371 03-23-2024, 03:16 AM
Last Post: Kab
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,604 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 7 6,788 03-16-2024, 06:45 PM
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,389 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 6 545 03-03-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
Brick MAT150 - Straighterline - Final Exam riteshvpandya 2 261 02-26-2024, 11:31 PM
Last Post: riteshvpandya
  Is the Introduction to Religion REL 101 proctored exam at Straighterline open book? Breaachh 2 272 02-16-2024, 10:49 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 966 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
Thumbs Up Sophia Review: Finished 6 Courses in 1 Week Ares 11 1,803 02-11-2024, 04:54 PM
Last Post: Ares