Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It’s not where you got credits it’s “what you know.” -Dr. David Hennessy
I like this quote!  It applies to all of the Big 3. Big Grin

When I think of Excelsior College I think about its “aggregation of credits” from different experiences.  It’s not where you got it it’s “what you know.”
--Dr. David Hennessy, Associate Dean of the School of Public Service, Excelsior College

http://www.twcnews.com/nys/capital-region/news/2016/11/30/excelsior-college-and-zone-5-higher-education-cost-reduction.html
Non-Traditional Undergraduate College Credits (634 SH): *FTCC Noncourse Credits (156 SH) *DSST (78 SH) *CPL (64 SH) *JST Military/ACE (48 SH) *CBA (44 SH) *CLEP (42 SH) *FEMA IS (40 SH) *FEMA EM (38 SH) *ECE/UExcel (30 SH) *PLA Portfolio (28 SH) *EMI/ACE (19 SH) *TEEX/ACE (16 SH) *CWE (11 SH) *NFA/ACE (10 SH) *Kaplan/ACE (3 SH) *CPC (2 SH) *AICP/ACE (2 SH) *Sophia/ACE (2 SH) and *FRTI-UM/ACE (1 SH).
Non-Traditional Graduate College Credits (14 SH): AMU (6 SH); NFHS (5 SH); and JSU (3 SH).

[-] The following 1 user Likes Life Long Learning's post:
  • hsfamfun
Watching both of my teenage daughters navigate through the forums, research credit options, create degree plans and the hardest part, study and pass exams; it makes me even more excited about how they will tackle their future because of these different experiences.
PhD, Leadership, University of the Cumberlands - What Have I Done!!?!!
MBA, Healthcare Management, Western Governors University - in progress
MS, Management and Leadership, Western Governors University - 2017
BS, Business Administration, Thomas Edison State University - 2016

RANSOMSOUL: Exchange Good For Great

The Ultimate Route to Earning a Bachelor's Degree in Business: A StraighterLine Success Story
[-] The following 2 users Like RANSOMSOUL's post:
  • Life Long Learning, socsci
RANSOMSOUL

I agree with you. They have become self-starters and talented researchers which B&M colleges rarely make.
Non-Traditional Undergraduate College Credits (634 SH): *FTCC Noncourse Credits (156 SH) *DSST (78 SH) *CPL (64 SH) *JST Military/ACE (48 SH) *CBA (44 SH) *CLEP (42 SH) *FEMA IS (40 SH) *FEMA EM (38 SH) *ECE/UExcel (30 SH) *PLA Portfolio (28 SH) *EMI/ACE (19 SH) *TEEX/ACE (16 SH) *CWE (11 SH) *NFA/ACE (10 SH) *Kaplan/ACE (3 SH) *CPC (2 SH) *AICP/ACE (2 SH) *Sophia/ACE (2 SH) and *FRTI-UM/ACE (1 SH).
Non-Traditional Graduate College Credits (14 SH): AMU (6 SH); NFHS (5 SH); and JSU (3 SH).

[-] The following 1 user Likes Life Long Learning's post:
  • RANSOMSOUL
Having my son ask me questions about college, and then start researching degree programs at different schools is awesome! He's only 13, and already knows so much, and I am thrilled to discuss all the different options with him as he learns more. He wants to do NROTC somewhere, so planning what he's going to take in HS, to make the transition as easy as possible is fantastic.

When you kids take the initiative, and start doing the work early - you're doing something right as a parent (of course, only one of mine is doing this, the 10th grader has no interest!).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 2 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • hsfamfun, Life Long Learning
We have four kids dfrecore and the ranks of school interest are:

1. Survival mode - give me the least amount to get the job done (oldest daughter)

2. Power mode - give me as much knowledge as possible - can't get enough (second daughter)

4. Huh mode - our sophomore is part Genius part Bevis and Butthead (oldest son)

5. Happy mode - just open to all that you throw at him with regard to learning (youngest son)

They are the same in a few ways and the rest totally different. It's fun managing and supporting all of these young developing minds.
PhD, Leadership, University of the Cumberlands - What Have I Done!!?!!
MBA, Healthcare Management, Western Governors University - in progress
MS, Management and Leadership, Western Governors University - 2017
BS, Business Administration, Thomas Edison State University - 2016

RANSOMSOUL: Exchange Good For Great

The Ultimate Route to Earning a Bachelor's Degree in Business: A StraighterLine Success Story
[-] The following 1 user Likes RANSOMSOUL's post:
  • Life Long Learning
(08-27-2017, 04:24 PM)RANSOMSOUL Wrote: We have four kids dfrecore and the ranks of school interest are:

1. Survival mode - give me the least amount to get the job done (oldest daughter)

2. Power mode - give me as much knowledge as possible - can't get enough (second daughter)

4. Huh mode - our sophomore is part Genius part Bevis and Butthead (oldest son)

5. Happy mode - just open to all that you throw at him with regard to learning (youngest son)

They are the same in a few ways and the rest totally different. It's fun managing and supporting all of these young developing minds.

That's funny.  My daughter is survival mode, isn't into school at all.  Just wants to get out in the world and start working, and doing as little college as possible.  Happy to stay home for a while until she saves enough to get a place on her own (roommate or whatever), but wants to stay here in San Diego.  My son is Power mode, has all kinds of plans and goals, college is definitely in his future, wants to go away to school, the whole bit.

Just when you think you've got the parenting thing down cold, the next one comes along and thows a monkey wrench in your whole program.  Every one is completely different, it's like they're from different parents sometimes.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 2 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • RANSOMSOUL, sarg123

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU transcript audit says 13 required credits through TESU? Rteurowise 8 2,109 09-05-2018, 01:43 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU "Overflow" Credits mysonx3 5 2,270 08-31-2018, 01:24 AM
Last Post: Merlin
  Charter Oak (COSC) maximum credits from one source nosey561 1 1,688 08-30-2018, 10:39 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.com College Credits UnbreakablyDetermined 2 1,837 08-27-2018, 05:44 PM
Last Post: allvia
  Credits Giantzebra 5 1,606 07-23-2018, 12:50 AM
  Second Bachelor BALS with concentration with the 24 new credits rule posabsolute 1 1,374 07-22-2018, 11:30 PM
  EC now accepting FEMA credits Exfactor 6 2,799 06-29-2018, 10:32 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  Please Review My Credits & Help Me Choose a Degree Plan warriortaupou 4 1,424 05-17-2018, 11:38 PM
Last Post: warriortaupou
  Upper Level Credits at Excelsior - via ACE? Silly_Me 27 10,721 05-16-2018, 05:10 PM
Last Post: scout2family
Wink 6 Credits to Go! Rqst Help (Tesu BSBA) FinishTHEM 3 1,524 05-11-2018, 04:11 AM
Last Post: Yenisei