Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It Was Too Easy And I Was Too Stupid
I Would Have Found Instantcert Back In December Of '04 , Pushed My Self To Start 8 Months Ahead Of When I Started And Stopped Second Guessing Myself About Being Able To Do This Program. If I Had Done That Then I Would Be Through With School And Ready To Hire Some Of My Instantcert Online Buddies!!! God, Was I A Procrastinator ! So, To All Of You Out There Asking Yourselves, "can I Do This", I Say...hell Yes You Can So Stop Waiting For Just The Right Moment And Get Going.
I kinda did the same thing - I spent like a month actually READING an entire text book to prepare for my first exam. ICK! And to be honest, the only reason I tried InstaCert was because the first month was free!

That was in August - at least 15 tests ago. I have 8 left and unfortuntely 3 are EC so I'm gonna have to read some. Other than that, I always choose CLEP/DSSTs that are on this site. I even have it open when talking to my advisor on the phone trying to decide what to take next, if it's not on the list, I don't take it!!!!
[COLOR="Purple"][SIZE="2"]
Best of luck,
Joanne [/size]
[SIZE="1"]
31 hours traditional schooling
11 Microsoft exams, 1 Linux+, 2 ICCP's, 6 CLEP's, 12 DSSTs, and 6 ECE's
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Plum"][SIZE="1"][SIZE="3"]Degree Completed!
BS in Liberal Studies[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
I should also add that the message boards and knowing all of you has made the experience so much better, less stressful in knowing whether or not I've studied enough or the right stuff, and made the experience much more fulfilling. Smile
Best of luck,
Joanne [/size]
[SIZE="1"]
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
I agree with you RBOWMAN. I have tested out of 33 credits in the last 9 weeks. I will graduate from Excelsior with a BS in June. I never would have tried this 9 week push if I did not discover Instacert. It is a valuable asset for this type of study.

As for EC exams I would not sweat them. I am no genius and I passed three in two weeks.

Human Resource management-C
Ethics, Theory and Practice- B
Organizational Behavior- B

All using Instacert as my primary study source

I took Ethics Theory and Practice on a Wednesday, studied for Organizational Behavior on Instacert using the DSST O.B. questions Wednesday night. I took the test the next day (Thursday) and passed with a B.

Trust the study material on this site and you will not loose.
[SIZE="2"]Although I am not as fast as some of you that seem to blaze your way through exam prep in just a few hours/days (I take 3 weeks per class) I do take comfort in the fact that I am not alone and the IC group here provides som much insight and support. Smile [/SIZE]
Redleg143 Wrote:I agree with you RBOWMAN. I have tested out of 33 credits in the last 9 weeks. I will graduate from Excelsior with a BS in June. I never would have tried this 9 week push if I did not discover Instacert. It is a valuable asset for this type of study.

As for EC exams I would not sweat them. I am no genius and I passed three in two weeks.

Human Resource management-C
Ethics, Theory and Practice- B
Organizational Behavior- B

All using Instacert as my primary study source

I took Ethics Theory and Practice on a Wednesday, studied for Organizational Behavior on Instacert using the DSST O.B. questions Wednesday night. I took the test the next day (Thursday) and passed with a B.

Trust the study material on this site and you will not lose.

Right on, Redleg!! That totally rocks!! You have way more guts than I had when it comes to the ECE Ethics. Congrats!! Big Grin

If I stay on track, I'll finish in June as well. I have 8 to go, 4 DSST, 1CLEP, and 3 ECE's.

Are you taking any more ECE's? If so, which ones?
Best of luck,
Joanne [/size]
[SIZE="1"]
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
libartsmgr Wrote:Right on, Redleg!! That totally rocks!! You have way more guts than I had when it comes to the ECE Ethics. Congrats!! Big Grin

If I stay on track, I'll finish in June as well. I have 8 to go, 4 DSST, 1CLEP, and 3 ECE's.

Are you taking any more ECE's? If so, which ones?

BE PROUD! YOU ARE GOOD!hilarious
Red,

I have to take both ECE Org Behavior and Ethics. Give me some insight brother... I only have three test left till I'm done and a little shy on pulling the trigger on these two.

Cold
Cold,
I checked out a couple of books from the public library on ethics, in fact one was called Ethics: Theory and Practice! I read through the books and studied the Instacert DSST Ethics in America flashcards. I studied on and off for a week and passed with a B.

When I got home from the Ethics test, I logged on to Instacert and studied the DSST Organizational Behavior flashcards for the better part of the evening and took the test the next day. I passed with a B.

Do I reccomend you go in for the test on one nights study? Certainly not, but I am in the military and was on leave that week, I didnt know when the next testing opportunity would present itself and it was the last test I needed to finish up so I took a chance.

If I had more time I would have studied more for the Ethics test. I was stressed about the results even though I ended up getting a better score than I did on the ECE Human Resources test which I felt pretty good about and ended up getting a "C". I would devote about a week of study to the Org Beh test with the Instacert flashcards and you should be fine. Hope this helps.

Redleg

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU---Easy Courses and TECEPS midnite123 5 573 01-04-2024, 08:22 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Op Eds - I Vote on Plagiarism Cases at Harvard College. Gay’s Getting off Easy. posabsolute 0 289 12-31-2023, 09:42 PM
Last Post: posabsolute
  Saylor---Easy??? midnite123 12 1,695 10-06-2023, 01:01 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  I think I was just looking for a easy way out, but sometimes easier is harder elcastor21 1 361 09-07-2023, 06:44 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Is a school "too easy"? Vle045 16 1,614 04-01-2023, 04:13 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Any database or easy way to tell which online programs are run by OPMs? studyingfortests 3 599 06-15-2022, 01:13 PM
Last Post: Vle045
Smile Easy 2 credit course? jubejuju 2 808 02-18-2021, 09:03 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Easy online credits Marylunde 14 3,608 01-12-2019, 03:48 PM
Last Post: mzcutie85
  How easy is it to find a job with a degree from Big 3? Helen003 18 4,178 04-08-2018, 09:37 PM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  Quick, Cheap, Easy Academic Certificate kevinmane 5 2,442 03-30-2018, 09:38 AM
Last Post: hsfamfun