Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just Applied to WGU - Will be interesting to see what they offer in transfer credits
I have applied to yet another college. On a whim, I applied to WGU and sent all of my transcripts. It will be interesting to see what they offer me in transfer credits toward the BSIT. I will be sure to post the results when they are done with my evaluation.
TESC 2015 - BSBA, Computer Information Systems

TESC 2019 - 21 Post-bachelor accounting credits
UptonSinclair Wrote:I have applied to yet another college. On a whim, I applied to WGU and sent all of my transcripts. It will be interesting to see what they offer me in transfer credits toward the BSIT. I will be sure to post the results when they are done with my evaluation.

What made you want to switch from EC?
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.
I am not sure if I am going to switch. I am waiting to see what they offer in transfer credits. The big motivation for WGU is the self paced nature of the courses and the industry certificates that are integrated into the program.

Are WGU competency credits transferrable back to EC?
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.
Prloko Wrote:Are WGU competency credits transferrable back to EC?

Yes. I went to WGU for a while, and most of my credits were available at EC when I had my evaluation. Although, I went with COSC because they offered more in transfer.
[COLOR="#0000FF"] B.S. - COSC (December, 2013) :hurray:
20-Community College Courses (2004-2006)
80-Semester Hours at Western Governors University (2010-2012)
15-Charter Oak State College (2013)
12-CLEP
3-DSST
6-FEMA
If I can do it, ANYONE can do it![/COLOR]
If things work out with WGU, I won't be transferring back. It is good to know that there are options though. Thank you for speaking up publius.

I have found the self-paced path works well with my learning style, so I am hoping WGU gives me a decent transfer offer. They will have to waive most of my general education requirements before I would be willing to transfer.

UptonSinclair Wrote:If things work out with WGU, I won't be transferring back. It is good to know that there are options though. Thank you for speaking up publius.

I have found the self-paced path works well with my learning style, so I am hoping WGU gives me a decent transfer offer. They will have to waive most of my general education requirements before I would be willing to transfer.

What did they offer transfer wise? It's possible this was answered elsewhere and I apologize if this is a duplicate!
I am still waiting. DSST transcripts are taking forever.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Transfer Credits for Certificates 3ichael7ambert 8 205 10 hours ago
Last Post: 3ichael7ambert
  Credit Banking & cheap/free credits - Asking for a friend SweetSecret 8 1,593 04-25-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  Interesting reads about... bjcheung77 2 208 04-10-2024, 05:43 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 1,975 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  If I transfer OTHM Diploma into US University, will they be counted as RA credits? lucillegyl 7 728 02-15-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: lucillegyl
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 545 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Atlantic Technological University Interesting Bachelor degree offering from Ireland durain 0 297 02-12-2024, 02:58 AM
Last Post: durain
  No ACE credits on ACTFL exam? Aikuroa 12 1,277 01-09-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  Salvaging FEMA credits CaughtInTheRye12 6 547 12-28-2023, 11:57 PM
Last Post: CaughtInTheRye12
Question Extension Schools for Credit Transfer Tobutz 4 703 12-13-2023, 03:21 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso