Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just Joined, and had a question...
I am currently stationed in Virginia, and just was curious to see if this product was worth using or not. I took 2 CLEP's in the last two weeks, College Mathematics and Analyzing Literature (something like that) and passed them both before signing up for this to help me with the last few CLEP's/DANTES I need for my CCAF.
- US History 1
- Principles of Management
- Human Resource Management
- English Composition (w/ essay)
If you have used this to take any of those, can you tell me if it helped? Thanks for your time.
Hi, SeanAlexZeni, and welcome. Will InstaCert help you for the exams you list? While I cannot speak to those tests, I do know that additional feedback you have as an InstaCert member has been invaluable for the exams I've taken. If you've been lurking, or if you've searched this site, you know that there are some very helpful people. Now, imagine those same people offering specific advice on exams. No, I don't mean giving you answers. You'll hear opinions on additional sites, books, etc. Folks report back on the topics in the exams. While you might not get the same exam, with the number of responders, you get a clearer idea of what the exam entails.

Well, that's my take on it. Again, welcome. Oh, and good luck.
TESU BSBA - GM, September 2015

"Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway." -- Earl Nightingale, radio personality and motivational speaker
Hi Sean, welcome! Take a few minutes a look over the site members here put together that may help you: Degree Forum Wiki

I'd especially recommend the "Study Guides" page (scroll down on main page to find it). If you need help with anything in particular feel free to ask!
BA in History, TESC, Graduated September 2010
MA in History, American Public University, currently pursuing
Virginia teaching license, currently pursuing

Check out Degree Forum Wiki for more information on putting together your own degree plan!

My BA History degree plan.
Every person is going to have a different experience preparing for exams. With the price of instacert at $20 per month, it might be worth a month of registration just to see what you think.

I prefer to use multiple sources of study materials. When I take a CLEP, it is important for me to have a grasp of the big picture. I do this with a combination IC, used textbooks, and ITunes university lectures. In my opinion, few of the materials compare to watching a Yale professor teach a class. I learned US History I & II from Yale professors at the cost of $33 per credit.
My recommendation is to invest in all available resources. Buy InstantCert and the REA books for each subject.
BSBA CIS from TESC, BA Natural Science/Math from TESC
MBA Applied Computer Science from NCU
Enrolled at NCU in the PhD Applied Computer Science
Google (petersons dod mwr library) for free practice exams. It's what I used majority of the time. Click Airforce then net solutions...
I am in the same boat as you. I joined to see if this was legit. How do I feel about it? Meh.

The flashcards I have never used, not a fan of 200+ flashcards.

Instead I find the forum that corresponds to the CLEP/DSST I plan on taking. Often users post some good study guides on there. I'll print those off and study those as well as random bits of info I found on free-clep-prep.com.

I have completed 18 credits in 4 months for my CCAF...looking back I should have subscribed for 1 month, found all the info I needed to study, then end my subscription. Studying really isn’t too tough, lots of it is common sense. I haven't bought any REA books, but I also HIGHLY recommend the link below also. They have 4 practice tests (1 paper, 3 electronic) and are very close to the actual test.

I recommend this to other Airmen looking to CLEP their CCAF, but I tell them the exact same thing I told you. No need to stick around.

DOD Libraries

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  9/11 GI BILL QUESTION smf6824 5 2,035 03-10-2022, 04:04 AM
Last Post: Insert Name
  Free CLEP Score Send Question TheMaskedMutant 4 2,331 01-17-2019, 06:12 AM
Last Post: TheMaskedMutant
  TA Question mrskitty 1 1,769 05-07-2017, 05:36 PM
Last Post: mrskitty
  Amu question for anyone Who has or is attending Gahanna45 4 1,625 09-19-2016, 07:01 PM
Last Post: videogamesrock
  gibill question ffdpsoldier 5 1,837 11-06-2014, 12:45 AM
Last Post: Leherself
  TESC MDCP question GMT 5 1,318 09-12-2014, 07:08 AM
Last Post: GMT
  A question for dposborne Daithi 7 1,805 07-23-2013, 03:49 PM
Last Post: dposborne
  BAH question superpotsky 12 2,851 06-09-2013, 10:05 PM
Last Post: DCW
  Question for Clep and DTTS bluecec 6 1,794 05-31-2013, 10:02 PM
Last Post: IrishJohn
  military graduate question ffdpsoldier 8 1,798 01-31-2013, 02:21 AM