Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
military graduate question
I'm working on my Masters degree and only get 1100 a month from the 9/11 gi bill bah. I'm looking for more free money to help pay for books and other bills. 1 class books cost 200$, far more then what the gi bill pays for. I'm plaing on taking 3 or 4 classes this semester if I could afford it. I'm taking 1 class on campus to get the full bah, and for 1 class parking it cost 120$ for the semester.
Beginning algebra- ALEKS
Intermediate algebra- ALEKS
College algebra-ALEKS
Precalculus-ALEKS
Intro to statistics-ALEKS
Trigonometry-Aleks
Business statistics-Aleks
BS- Western Michigan University- April 28, 2012
2nd Lieutenant- Dec 14, 2012
I've had a few friends get this in the past, try it.

Tillman Military Scholars | Pat Tillman Foundation

Apply from JANUARY 14-FEBRUARY 15, 2013.
This seems like a great deal, but it doesn't pay out for 7 or 8 months from now if approved.

bldclot2 Wrote:I've had a few friends get this in the past, try it.

Tillman Military Scholars | Pat Tillman Foundation

Apply from JANUARY 14-FEBRUARY 15, 2013.
Beginning algebra- ALEKS
College algebra-ALEKS
Precalculus-ALEKS
Trigonometry-Aleks
Sorry I don't know the answer to your question, but MAN that's a lot of Master's level courses to take at one time. YIKES! and Good luck!
AAS in Environmental Safety & Security Technologies from TESC - Completed 2014
and BA Emergency & Disaster Mgmt at American Military University with a minor in Security Management - Completed

Completed:
FEMA: 20 credit hours, B&M: 33 credit hours, AARTS: 14 credit hours, certifications
ALEKS: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra
CLEP: Analyzing & Interpret. Literature CLEP - 66, English Composition Modular CLEP - 58, American Government CLEP - 58, Social Sciences & History CLEP - 63
DSST: Intro to Computing DSST - 452
Straighterline: Business Ethics (88%), Criminal Justice (94%), World Religions (93%), Cultural Anthropology (92%), Intro to Sociology (94%)
TECEP: CIS 107, ENGL 102, PSY 270, BIO 208
Have you scoured the net for cheaper books? I was shocked at the cost of my daughters books for one class until I checked amazon/chegg/abe books/ebay...went from over $500 down to just under $200.

What Masters program are you in?

...and congrats on making 2nd Lieutenant!
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
That's with going on amazon, it wouldn't be so bad if each book was 30$ or more and that each class didn't ask for so many and stick to 1 or 2.
Beginning algebra- ALEKS
College algebra-ALEKS
Precalculus-ALEKS
Trigonometry-Aleks
I see you just made 2LT, how are you collecting BAH on active duty? Are you Guard/Reserve? If not, be careful you are not taking money your'e not entitled to, I know people who were court-martialed and thrown in prison for BAH fraud.
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.
Prloko Wrote:I see you just made 2LT, how are you collecting BAH on active duty? Are you Guard/Reserve? If not, be careful you are not taking money your'e not entitled to, I know people who were court-martialed and thrown in prison for BAH fraud.

The new post 9/11 GI Bill provides for BAH. A reserve/guard officer could be pulling BAH using their GI Bill (its what Im doing right now)
GroundHawg Wrote:The new post 9/11 GI Bill provides for BAH. A reserve/guard officer could be pulling BAH using their GI Bill (its what Im doing right now)

Yeah, I figure ffdpsoldier is guard. Still need to be careful though, if activated and paid BAH, you need to make sure you're not collecting twice. I don't care personally, I just know a good friend that got court martialed for BAH fraud, it wasn't fun for him and his family.
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  opinion on military school for ADHD teen EducationSeeker 18 3,041 10-14-2022, 02:22 PM
Last Post: martamarti
  9/11 GI BILL QUESTION smf6824 5 2,023 03-10-2022, 04:04 AM
Last Post: Insert Name
  ACE credit for possible military enlistment? dfrecore 33 5,700 05-27-2020, 09:59 PM
Last Post: anewmanx
  Have a military education exit strategy. vetvso 26 5,586 05-07-2020, 10:11 PM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  20% off Coopersmith for Active Military Zachcleigh 0 1,796 12-04-2019, 12:37 PM
Last Post: Zachcleigh
  AMU Reducing Military-Affiliated Master's Tuition to $250/credit (and free books) TheMaskedMutant 1 1,894 11-22-2019, 12:16 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Military Residency Requirement natshar 3 1,944 07-08-2019, 11:13 AM
Last Post: natshar
  Military waiver for residency charge at tesu Zachcleigh 4 2,305 05-09-2019, 07:59 AM
Last Post: ECH90
  TESU database of military credits? dfrecore 8 3,431 02-14-2019, 01:00 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Free CLEP Score Send Question TheMaskedMutant 4 2,327 01-17-2019, 06:12 AM
Last Post: TheMaskedMutant