Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just Took My First Final Through Study.com
(11-27-2018, 01:52 PM)videogamesrock Wrote: Great news. My course posted ... phew. Scoring a 60-80 on every first attempt on Intermediate Acct 1. Of those where I score a 60 I’m going back to watch the videos and the 80’s I’m skipping the videos all together. Any suggestion for the final?  Should I take the practice tests?

I always went through and wrote out the flashcards before I took the final, writing things out always helps me remember.
Thanks for the feedback. I wound up scoring a 78 on the final practice exam and decided to take the 70 question final and I passed Smile. I might as well just chug through the rest of the accounting courses while I have time.
MA in progress
Certificate in the Study of Capitalism - University of Arkansas
BS, Business  Administration - Ashworth College
Certificates in Accounting & Finance 
BA, Regents Bachelor of Arts - West Virginia University
AAS & AGS
(11-27-2018, 04:58 PM)jsh1138 Wrote: I wouldn't take each section's practice test, no. Take the practice final and see how you do, and if you really bomb any one section then review that section and take just that one section's practice test, maybe

I used to just take the practice final but part way through my time with Study.com I started taking the chapter practice tests instead of, or in addition to, the practice final.

I usually come back to take those after I have finished all the lessons and quizzes (which is usually on a different day). I found that the chapter exams are a great way to refresh and reinforce what I learned previously. However, YMMV.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
I took a final exam on 11/22 and it still doesn't show as being confirmed yet. I know their website says it can take a while but it seems like for most people, they are only waiting a few days at most.

(11-28-2018, 02:14 PM)Mab81 Wrote: I took a final exam on 11/22 and it still doesn't show as being confirmed yet. I know their website says it can take a while but it seems like for most people, they are only waiting a few days at most.

I waited very close to 10 days each time. Basically within the 9-11 day range for all 7, except I think one of them may have been 7 days.
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
[-] The following 2 users Like mysonx3's post:
  • cookderosa, Mab81
(11-28-2018, 02:14 PM)Mab81 Wrote: I took a final exam on 11/22 and it still doesn't show as being confirmed yet. I know their website says it can take a while but it seems like for most people, they are only waiting a few days at most.

Early on it only used to take a few days, for at least the last 6 months my average turnaround time was usually in the 7-14 days range. I'd often be able to finish a final exam, and then take a whole new course along with its final exam before I received the results from the first final exam. In at least one case, it took more than 2 weeks and I was able to finish one and almost be done with a second course before the first final was confirmed.

I wouldn't worry about it until you start getting close to the 3-week mark.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
(11-27-2018, 05:29 PM)videogamesrock Wrote: Thanks for the feedback. I wound up scoring a 78 on the final practice exam and decided to take the 70 question final and I passed Smile. I might as well just chug through the rest of the accounting courses while I have time.

Congratulations!
None of us here in our home have taken any studycom classes yet, your experience was really helpful!! (they are starting soon, I hope)
(11-28-2018, 10:48 PM)cookderosa Wrote:
(11-27-2018, 05:29 PM)videogamesrock Wrote: Thanks for the feedback. I wound up scoring a 78 on the final practice exam and decided to take the 70 question final and I passed Smile. I might as well just chug through the rest of the accounting courses while I have time.

Congratulations!
None of us here in our home have taken any studycom classes yet, your experience was really helpful!! (they are starting soon, I hope)

Study.com will also give you credit for overlap. So for example with accounting, the higher level courses cover concepts from the LL. So Study.com will issue a 5/5 on the quizzes for any course with overlap. So if there is decent knowledge of material I’d say start at the higher courses and work down.
MA in progress
Certificate in the Study of Capitalism - University of Arkansas
BS, Business  Administration - Ashworth College
Certificates in Accounting & Finance 
BA, Regents Bachelor of Arts - West Virginia University
AAS & AGS

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 40,357 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,598 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 468,466 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 752 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
Brick MAT150 - Straighterline - Final Exam riteshvpandya 2 333 02-26-2024, 11:31 PM
Last Post: riteshvpandya
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 365 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,032 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,903 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 592 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 313 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue