Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just finished my Lib Arts Capstone at TESU
I found the sample papers posted here to be invaluable, literally invaluable. The course notes don't give you alot to go on and sometimes what the instructor says contradicts what the book says and it can be very confusing. The majority of your grade is based on things like formatting and APA citation and not content, so its important to get it right and seeing examples of other people's work was enormously helpful to me. 

I'd be glad to add my paper to the pile if anyone ever thinks seeing it would help them. 

Anyway, I'm all done with my degree, except I need to do a couple of Study.com classes still, so hopefully sometime in June I'll apply to graduate. Then I'll be on to the next Bachelor's and after that maybe a Master's.
Study.com - 177 CR. TESU - 39 CR. Middle Georgia State University - 15 CR. Sonoran Desert Institute - 42 CR. COSC - 6 CR. Excelsior - 6 CR. CLEP - 6 CR. Sophia - 14 CR. TEEX - 2 CR. Shmoop - 18 CR. NFA - 4 CR. The Institutes - 2 CR. FEMA - 20ish

BA in History/English from TESU. 
BA in Communications from TESU. AS in Firearms Technology from SDI.

[-] The following 12 users Like jsh1138's post:
  • alexf.1990, High_Order1, jsd, kietro, leland.kirk, MooSaysCow, MSK9, mudball, mvk, omuneek, studiousimp, Yenisei
Congrats Smile

Congrats, which second bachelors degree are you looking at? And is it going to be at TESU or WGU?
Goals: TESU BSBA GM (Added CIS) and BA Computer Science
BSBA GM - Added CIS AOS (CIS & GM completed)
BACS & Grad Plans (BACS instead of BALS w/NSM)

AAS ACS & ESST: Remaining - Associate Capstone
ASNSM CS: Completed, ASNSM Math: Remaining - Calculus I

Taking a majority of credits at Sophia.org, SL, and Study.com to finish these degrees
Updating my courses remaining by following forum advice, guide, spreadsheet & wiki
I was thinking of doing Business/Psych at COSC, actually.
Study.com - 177 CR. TESU - 39 CR. Middle Georgia State University - 15 CR. Sonoran Desert Institute - 42 CR. COSC - 6 CR. Excelsior - 6 CR. CLEP - 6 CR. Sophia - 14 CR. TEEX - 2 CR. Shmoop - 18 CR. NFA - 4 CR. The Institutes - 2 CR. FEMA - 20ish

I would like to see your paper. I am in the middle of the capstone now.

What letter grade did you get?
I got an A on the paper and the course

as I said, they don't really grade the content. so for example, if you say "i think queen elizabeth was a bad queen and this is why", you don't get graded on whether or not you're wrong about her being a bad queen. so tbh your grade is mostly going to come down to you turning in your work on time and meeting the requirements of each part of the assignment, ie, if they say you have to have 15 books in your bibliography, you have to have 15, not 10. Correctly using APA citations is a big part of it too.

once you just sort of accept that the part you find least interesting is the most important part for your grade, it goes pretty smoothly and you ought to get a good grade if you just do the work.

I have not found that to be my experience thus far. Peck is a very tough grader, and reads content and sources to evaluate your paper on top of everything else you mentioned above.
1. Prep Phase: Hopeless, 15 credits, need a BA fast, never heard of TESU
2. TESU BALS: 121/120 (9 months)

3. RN Paramedic Bridge - Excelsior (9 months + CPNE wait)
4. WGU RN -> BSN
5. BSN -> MSN/FNP
well done.
Just curiously, what's the capstone? Is it an essay for your liberal courses?
well its a final project. it doesn't necessarily have to be an essay, it could be like a research paper or if you're an english major it could be a creative writing project or it could be some kind of experiment or survey or something. there's alot of freedom in picking what you want to do with it

(05-23-2018, 02:39 PM)Cheeseburrito Wrote: I have not found that to be my experience thus far.

Yeah, me either. You may just have lucked out!
Angel 
Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies Thomas Edison State University 2018
Cert in Emergency Management -
Three Rivers CC 2017
Cert in Basic Police Ed - Walters State CC 1996

Current Goal: new job
Working on: securing funding I don't have to pay back for a Masters.
Up Next: Toying with Masters Programs
Finished: First Degree

Older Experience with: PLA / Portfolios, RPNow, Proctor U, ACE, NCCRS, DAVAR Academy (formerly Tor), Straighterline, TESU, Ed4Credit, Study.com, The Institutes, Kaplan, ALEKS, FEMA IS, NFA IS, brick & mortar community colleges, LOTS of vocational schools...

My list of academic courses:
link

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 4,014 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,679 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,144 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,676 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  Capstone Anxiety Iamtehking 9 4,343 09-18-2018, 06:22 AM
Last Post: rlw74
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,748 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,366 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,613 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,341 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,399 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic