Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Kaplan LRC 100 PLA
It is missing from mine too, I sent them an email to find out what is happening.
I am so close to having all my credits ready to apply to TESU, I had 107 now back to 104 and I have to do one more course.

Do this mean that ACE is not a safe place to hold credits? if a company no longer uses ACE does that mean credits will disappear?
TESU: Capstone completed Big Grin
Study.com: Classroom Management, Differentiated Instruction (6)
Patten: Academic Strategies, Child Growth and Development, Reading, Writing, and Research, Social Psych, Lifespan Development, American Government (18)
Shmoop: Drugs in Lit, Holocaust Lit, Poetry, Lit in the Media, Modernist Lit, Shakespeare's Plays, Western Lit, Women's Lit, British Lit, Euro History (30)
SL: Cultural Anthropology, English Comp I, English Comp II, Biology, Intro Comm, Environmental Science, Philosophy, C++,  Religion (27)
TEEX: Cyber Security for Business Professionals, Cyber Security for Everyone, Cyber Security for IT Professionals (6)
Sophia: Art History, Psychology, Sociology, Visual Comm, Dev Teams  (13)
ALEKS: Beginning Algebra, Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, Statistics, Trigonometry (15)
NFA: Fire Service Supervision, Community Safety Educators (2)
Kaplan: Documenting Experiences (3)
ACTFL: Reading Proficiency Test (6)
CPCU: Ethics (2)
It's gone from mine as well - and the actual course is gone from the ACE database as well. Not sure what happened there.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
dfrecore Wrote:It's gone from mine as well - and the actual course is gone from the ACE database as well. Not sure what happened there.

Wow, you're right -- Not just "expired," as old courses would usually show up with the previously active dates, but gone entirely. I can't imagine what the situation might be. Maybe Kaplan wasn't conducting the course in the way that was previously approved of by ACE when they previously gave us all credit?
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
dfrecore Wrote:It's gone from mine as well - and the actual course is gone from the ACE database as well. Not sure what happened there.

It's strange, maybe a glitch? You'd think they'd just change the accepted dates to show it is expired.
BA.SS: TESU '17
AA.LS, with Honors: CC '16
CHW Certification: CC '15
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop."― Confucius

B&M University: '92-'95
CC: '95-'16
CLEP: A&I Lit; '08
DSST: HTYH; '08
FEMA: unusable at TESU
IIA: Ethics & CPCU; '15
Kaplan: PLA course; '14,
NFA: 2 CR; '15
SOPHIA: Intro Soc; '15
Straighterline: US History II, Intro Religion, Bus. Ethics, Prin. Mgmt, Cult. Anthro, Org Behavior, American Gov't, Bus. Comm; '15
Study.com: Social Psych, Hist of Vietnam, Abnorm Psych, Research Methods in Psych, Classroom Mgmt, Ed Psych; '16
TECEP: Psych of Women, Tech Writing, Med Term, Nutrition, Eng Comp I; '16
TESU: BA.SS Capstone course; '16

Ended with a total of 170 undergrad credits (plus lots of CEUs). My "I'm finally done" thread
Mamasaphire Wrote:It's strange, maybe a glitch? You'd think they'd just change the accepted dates to show it is expired.

Yes. And, I have credits from a work-related company (World@Work, which used to be the American Compensation Association or something like that), that no longer belongs to ACE. They no longer have courses on there, or are even listed. But a few years ago, I called them directly and asked them to put some credits on my ACE account, and they did, no problem. Because the exams I passes were ACE-recommended WHEN I passed them, even though they aren't any longer. Those credits are still on my ACE account.

So this is some weird thing with Kaplan Open, and ACE needs to fix it and put those credits back on our accounts. Once credits go on there, they should not be taken off, even if the company no longer associates with ACE.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Mine is gone. I did transfer it to the BIG 3 before.:hurray: I just emailed ACE also.

YOU ALL need to email ACE ASAP.
Non-Traditional Undergraduate College Credits (634 SH): *FTCC Noncourse Credits (156 SH) *DSST (78 SH) *CPL (64 SH) *JST Military/ACE (48 SH) *CBA (44 SH) *CLEP (42 SH) *FEMA IS (40 SH) *FEMA EM (38 SH) *ECE/UExcel (30 SH) *PLA Portfolio (28 SH) *EMI/ACE (19 SH) *TEEX/ACE (16 SH) *CWE (11 SH) *NFA/ACE (10 SH) *Kaplan/ACE (3 SH) *CPC (2 SH) *AICP/ACE (2 SH) *Sophia/ACE (2 SH) and *FRTI-UM/ACE (1 SH).
Non-Traditional Graduate College Credits (14 SH): AMU (6 SH); NFHS (5 SH); and JSU (3 SH).

Fortunately due to my tendency to archive emails rather than delete them, I found the one from ACE that mentioned a determination (obviously an acceptance, since I saved it) about the Kaplan course credit I received in 2014. I forwarded that on with my email to ACE.

Hopefully it's just a glitch. If ACE is changing their methods, and we can't trust their bookkeeping/credit storage, there will be some unhappy past/present students.
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

Straighterline: US History II, Intro Religion, Bus. Ethics, Prin. Mgmt, Cult. Anthro, Org Behavior, American Gov't, Bus. Comm; '15
Study.com: Social Psych, Hist of Vietnam, Abnorm Psych, Research Methods in Psych, Classroom Mgmt, Ed Psych; '16

Ended with a total of 170 undergrad credits (plus lots of CEUs). My "I'm finally done" thread
Mamasaphire Wrote:Fortunately due to my tendency to archive emails rather than delete them, I found the one from ACE that mentioned a determination (obviously an acceptance, since I saved it) about the Kaplan course credit I received in 2014. I forwarded that on with my email to ACE.

Hopefully it's just a glitch. If ACE is changing their methods, and we can't trust their bookkeeping/credit storage, there will be some unhappy past/present students.

just did the same thing! i copied Kaplan on the email I sent ACE as well. We'll see what the explanation is. I'm very curious (even though I already have my TESU degree and this won't change that either way).

Georgia Tech

BA Psychology, 2016

BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

i have a feeling it's related to this note on Kaplan's website about the course:

Quote:In the next few weeks, we will be releasing an updated version of LRC100. At that time, you will lose your quiz scores and discussion board posts and will need to register for the course once again. Please note that your written work for your portfolio will NOT be impacted by the new release. Check back regularly for details on the release date.

I'm not quite sure how it relates, but maybe like I previously said, they were running the courses outside of the scope of their previous ACE approval and got dinged? Doesn't seem like we as students should be retroactively punished for it though, if that's the case.

Georgia Tech

BA Psychology, 2016

BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

jsd Wrote:just did the same thing! i copied Kaplan on the email I sent ACE as well. We'll see what the explanation is. I'm very curious (even though I already have my TESU degree and this won't change that either way).

Good idea about CCing Kaplan! It won't change my degree either (especially since I might just have a teeny little cushion of, oh, say an extra 50-ish credits ConfusedmilelolSmile, but I think it's a good idea to speak up on principle and for the sake of future students.

jsd Wrote:I'm not quite sure how it relates, but maybe like I previously said, they were running the courses outside of the scope of their previous ACE approval and got dinged? Doesn't seem like we as students should be retroactively punished for it though, if that's the case.

Exactly. And if we can't trust ACE to appropriately handle student transcripts, can the college/university trust what is on it?
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Kaplan PLA LRC100 still free? Faceparade 6 1,728 08-09-2018, 03:50 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Comes Through on Kaplan - For Me At Least Old Guy 8 1,404 03-10-2017, 09:40 PM
Last Post: Mamasaphire
  Kaplan Documenting Your Experiences for College Credit Photog 81 8,659 03-01-2017, 02:06 AM
Last Post: inf
  Kaplan and Rasmussen's Competency-Based Programs Approved sanantone 5 1,574 07-26-2016, 07:47 PM
Last Post: KayV
  Open College @ Kaplan University PR !!! futuremrsmlb 8 1,862 06-03-2016, 08:04 AM
Last Post: futuremrsmlb
  No more Kaplan OpenCollege free credits / NFA Q318 Nightmoves5 7 1,418 05-16-2016, 02:54 PM
Last Post: Nightmoves5
  Kaplan Open College High_Order1 9 1,524 03-23-2016, 11:33 AM
  Open College @ Kaplan University futuremrsmlb 0 778 01-01-2016, 07:20 PM
  Switching Gears from Excelsior BLS to Kaplan University Open College futuremrsmlb 5 1,064 12-12-2015, 11:22 AM
  B.S. in Business Administration from Kaplan- Please Help and Thank You onlinestudent101 9 1,066 08-26-2015, 08:24 PM
Last Post: cookderosa