Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keep Your Syllabus
I just finished emailing a former college for copies of my syllabi because I got lazy and didn't keep them. I thought it might be helpful to remind my peers on degreeforums that it is important to keep a copy of the syllabus for each of the classes you take. Having a copy of the syllabus may make the different between credits counting toward your degree or being marked duplicate. This situation happened to me at Excelsior.
TESC 2015 - BSBA, Computer Information Systems

TESC 2019 - 21 Post-bachelor accounting credits
Great advice! Its overkill, but I also keep all my assignments on a hard drive.

Also, if you plan on a career in politics, be mindful of your opinions in your papers/thesis. They have been used to discredit politicians (like everything else in their private lives). Smile
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.
I had a situation where I needed a syllabus to transfer a writing course from WIU to CTC. CTC didn't want to automatically accept a writing course that was titled something other than English Comp, especially since it was from a UoP sister school. Yes, they flat out said they do not accept English Comp from UoP. They wanted to see the syllabus and not just the course description, but I lost the syllabus when my computer crashed years ago and no one at UoP or WIU had a copy of it.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
I am amazed that there are not records laws regarding syllabi. With some of the crazy titles of courses it would help if they were archived.
Well, slap my face and call me stupid. UptonSinclair that is not something that I would have ever thought of. Thanks for the helpful advice.
TESU BSBA - GM, September 2015

"Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway." -- Earl Nightingale, radio personality and motivational speaker
I keep all syllabi and assignments on a thumb drive. I can't tell you how many times I have gone back to look at past assignments to relocate sources and references for the next class. I've also had to use a syllabus to justify credit that was initially categorized incorrectly. I didn't do this because of any amazing foresight rather I think I am an eDocument hoarder.
Don't miss out on something great just because it might also be difficult.

Road traveled: AA (2013) > BS (2014) > MS (2016) > Doctorate (2024)

If God hadn't been there for me, I never would have made it. Psalm 94:16-19

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you read the syllabus? bjcheung77 9 1,236 01-27-2022, 12:50 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  ASU $99 - Eng 101 anyone taking / syllabus? yokopilar 3 1,094 05-05-2020, 09:12 PM
Last Post: yokopilar
  Penn Foster Courses - Questions on Syllabus Info bjcheung77 9 1,535 05-24-2016, 07:42 PM
Last Post: Nixi
  Syllabus Access Before Registration UptonSinclair 3 688 05-22-2015, 10:30 PM
Last Post: Hunter91
  English Lit CLEP - Syllabus / Tests Anyone? RedCourt 0 831 05-02-2008, 04:04 PM
Last Post: RedCourt