Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Language Proficiency Test as Humanities/Elective at TESU?
I recently took the official Taiwan TOCFL Mandarin Chinese proficiency test and received a passing score. I know Liberty had been willing to award free elective credits (as PLA I think). The number of credits depended on the level that you passed at.

Does anyone have any experience with doing this with TESU, and do you think it's worth my time/bother?
Gymfan15 Wrote:I recently took the official Taiwan TOCFL Mandarin Chinese proficiency test and received a passing score. I know Liberty had been willing to award free elective credits (as PLA I think). The number of credits depended on the level that you passed at.

Does anyone have any experience with doing this with TESU, and do you think it's worth my time/bother?

It's very much worth your time and effort on this. I was going to take the test in another language, but i'm not proficient in any but English.
If you score high, probably will take over 12 credits of your electives (general education electives). Which is basically all you need for ~$250.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
bjcheung77 Wrote:It's very much worth your time and effort on this. I was going to take the test in another language, but i'm not proficient in any but English.
If you score high, probably will take over 12 credits of your electives (general education electives). Which is basically all you need for ~$250.

I didn't score very high (L1 of 6) but I thought it might be worth at least 3 credits. How would I go about finding out; who would be the right person to contact?
Gymfan15 Wrote:I didn't score very high (L1 of 6) but I thought it might be worth at least 3 credits. How would I go about finding out; who would be the right person to contact?

I haven't heard that that's a credit option from TESU - so you'll have to contact them to see.

BUT, if you want to take the ACTFL, then you for sure can get credits, because it's ACE-recommended. And it's cheap - I think the oral is $105.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,933 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,621 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,032 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,587 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,672 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,298 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,551 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,287 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,328 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,823 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore