Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last time I'll ask for advice
I'm almost there! 
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing

Can y'all take a look and make recommendations on fastest/easiest offerings to fill these last 6 courses? I can taste the finish line!

I know SL Managerial Accounting is usually recommended to fill the ACC requirement in the AOS, I plan on taking Accounting II at Straighterline and then rolling right in to the UL one. What about the other 4 courses, am I missing an 'easier' option? (I clep/test well)

Business Law
Business in Society/International Management
Business Communications
UL Management course to fill UL AOS requirement

Looking for advice on these 4 slots
Do you already have all of these in your eval? Because you have some as UL, which they aren't any longer.

Principles of Finance (Study.com) - LL, but doesn't matter
BUS 107: Organizational Behavior - LL, BUS 307: Leadership and Organizational Behavior is the UL one
BUS 106: Human Resource Management - LL, BUS 306: Strategic Human Resources Management is the UL one - but I would switch to either MARK 303: Global Marketing or MARK 308: Applied Marketing as they are shorter and only have 1 assignment (and since you'll have done Int'l Business, Global Marketing will be even shorter due to overlap)

Switch to these, you don't need UL
BUS 120: International Business
BUS 113: Business Communication

Also, Public Relations is MAR, not MAN

For Business Law, if a CLEP center isn't open near you, you can do Saylor, SL, or Study.com.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • inkleind
Have you looked at Davar? At least according to their website, they have some TESU Business equivalencies, and they're cheap (2 courses for $99).

https://www.davaracademy.com/business.html
[-] The following 1 user Likes ctcarl's post:
  • inkleind
Oh snap!
So to verify I could finish at DAVAR basically?
ACCT-302 Accounting for Management - TESU ACCT 102
LAW-201 Business Law
MAN-390 Managerial Communications - Does this fit the Business Comms core?
MAR-330 Principles of Sales - sounds like an easy UL for me
and then
FIN-310 Multinational Business Finance OR FIN-401 Corporate Finance
to finish out the AOS and the UL I need.

Does this look right? Any idea on the difficulty of these FIN courses? I had already started Managerial Accounting at SL and I'm 13% through but I've not worked on it for a year and I remember hating it. I would much rather wham, bam on a single test. I've not taken anything from Davar.

(07-05-2020, 01:58 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Do you already have all of these in your eval? Because you have some as UL, which they aren't any longer.

Principles of Finance (Study.com) - LL, but doesn't matter
BUS 107: Organizational Behavior - LL, BUS 307: Leadership and Organizational Behavior is the UL one
BUS 106: Human Resource Management - LL, BUS 306: Strategic Human Resources Management is the UL one - but I would switch to either MARK 303: Global Marketing or MARK 308: Applied Marketing as they are shorter and only have 1 assignment (and since you'll have done Int'l Business, Global Marketing will be even shorter due to overlap)

Switch to these, you don't need UL
BUS 120: International Business
BUS 113: Business Communication

Also, Public Relations is MAR, not MAN

For Business Law, if a CLEP center isn't open near you, you can do Saylor, SL, or Study.com.

Yes, they're all in my eval already, at least the ones that you've mentioned. I am waiting for the Sophia courses to be added, they just received my transcript.
(07-06-2020, 12:55 PM)inkleind Wrote: Any idea on the difficulty of these FIN courses? I had already started Managerial Accounting at SL and I'm 13% through but I've not worked on it for a year and I remember hating it. I would much rather wham, bam on a single test. I've not taken anything from Davar.

That's exactly how Davar works. All self-paced study, they only provide a study guide, suggested textbooks, (sometimes a pdf textbook as well, depending on the course) and for a handful of courses, a YouTube read-through of a PPT. You study and take the test when you're ready.

Most of the Davar exams I took were 60 multiple choice (one point each) and 10 essay (four points each), although it would probably be more accurate to call them "short answer", very roughly three sentences each should cover most of them.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ctcarl's post:
  • inkleind
That's my cup of tea, right there.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Degree Plan Advice dm.hans32 8 530 2 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Degree Planning Advice - 31, Norway, No Higher Education ASenna 33 2,094 7 hours ago
  SNHU BS Data Analytics course plan, advice? sole13 8 166 Yesterday, 02:03 PM
Last Post: sole13
  Degree/Planning Advice: Retired LEO Seeking BA and MA after life-altering injury Han_Shot_First_IYKYK 24 1,092 04-16-2024, 11:37 PM
Last Post: Han_Shot_First_IYKYK
  Confused Brit looking for advice BritStudent 30 1,963 04-16-2024, 08:29 AM
Last Post: allvia
  WGU Advice - Bachelor's or Master's in Education? nykorn 3 388 04-15-2024, 10:55 AM
Last Post: RachelB
  Advice on degree options juliakeller2011 3 167 04-09-2024, 11:25 PM
  UMPI BLS Degree planning advice, need help huiwh1998 16 532 04-08-2024, 11:27 AM
  UMBI Political Science Advice XNutty98 4 296 04-07-2024, 01:50 PM
  Degree planning advice, fastest way, need help Bikingrox211 19 1,290 04-06-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Bikingrox211