Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Laundering Straighterline credits????
I just found out this was a thing that needed to be done most of the time... I've seen some threads about fort Hayes but those were from 2011... Does fort Hayes still do this? If not does anyone know of a school that does? For SL and CLEP
I wouldn't recommend using Straighterline if your school is neither a partner college nor a school open to accepting non-military ACE, credits. CLEP and DSST have wider acceptance, so they may be an option if your school doesn't accept SL courses.

Online Courses, Online Classes for College Credit | StraighterLine

The last I heard, FHSU no longer launders SL credits .
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
I'm applying to a local nursing program . I spoke with the admissions advisor today and she said that while they will accept courses from straighter line, they would not accept the course straight from the company but rather it had to be transferred to another school on an official transcript and then they would accept it... Weird but thought I'd ask.... I don't really like the word laundering lol but I saw it thrown around the forum so I thought it might be more familiar to those who've been around a while ... They said the same thing about CLEP and DSST... They don't care if it says CR but it just HS to be on an official school transcript... I'm looking to do clips HG&D , but also need a nutrition course and SL is the only one I've been able to find .. But I'm open to suggestions???
I would clarify with the school if an ACE transcript is what they're referring to.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
I did ask that... It didn't really make sense to me but she said that while they will take the credits... They will not accept them from an ACe transcript, but by transferring your ace to a school and then transferring that schools official transcript even if it says where it originated they will then take it...

EDITED

This is what copied from the email I received

"Hello,

I was able to talk with the director and confirm that we will accept DSST or CLEP tests as long as they are on a transcript from a regionally accredited college or university.

I hope this helps!"
Does TESU transcribe the individual SL courses in the official transcript instead of the usual "18 credits from Straighterline transferred" with no other verbiage?

I saw one other TESC transcript floating around, but it only had CLEP and DSST.
TESU BA CS and Math (graduated December 2016)
It doesn't sound like they want you to launder the credits, in other words, hide them. It sounds like they have a policy of accepting non-traditional credits if another regionally accredited school has accepted them. For example, TESU will accept COSC's evaluation of a certification (I can't remember which one). All of the Big 3 provide credit banking services. Alumni of TESU are able to apply for another program for free. When they evaluate your new credits, they sometimes put them on your official transcript. That's essentially free credit banking, but even better because you're getting a regular transcript rather than a credit bank, which looks different.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Yes your correct ... Sorry just saw that how other threads were wording it... Are there any schools that will do that without actually taking any classes through them?
The big 3 all do credit banking transcripts, but they can be expensive

Individual Learning Account

Excelsior College | OneTranscript for credit consolidation

https://www.charteroak.edu/credit-registry/
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
raiderborn Wrote:I'm applying to a local nursing program . I spoke with the admissions advisor today and she said that while they will accept courses from straighter line, they would not accept the course straight from the company but rather it had to be transferred to another school on an official transcript and then they would accept it... Weird but thought I'd ask.... I don't really like the word laundering lol but I saw it thrown around the forum so I thought it might be more familiar to those who've been around a while ... They said the same thing about CLEP and DSST... They don't care if it says CR but it just HS to be on an official school transcript... I'm looking to do clips HG&D , but also need a nutrition course and SL is the only one I've been able to find .. But I'm open to suggestions???

"Hello,

I was able to talk with the director and confirm that we will accept DSST or CLEP tests as long as they are on a transcript from a regionally accredited college or university.

I hope this helps!"

your school is telling you that they don't accept SL credit.

and

that they don't accept CLEP credit, but they'll honor it.

This is a serious mess. Are you talking to admissions or registrar? Red flags all over this.

EDIT to add: I just finished reading the rest of the thread. My caution to you is that if you ever transfer into another nursing program, you're going to find yourself redoing all of these credits.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Transfer Credits for Certificates 3ichael7ambert 4 83 19 minutes ago
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Credit Banking & cheap/free credits - Asking for a friend SweetSecret 8 1,589 04-25-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 1,970 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  If I transfer OTHM Diploma into US University, will they be counted as RA credits? lucillegyl 7 725 02-15-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: lucillegyl
  No ACE credits on ACTFL exam? Aikuroa 12 1,273 01-09-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  Salvaging FEMA credits CaughtInTheRye12 6 542 12-28-2023, 11:57 PM
Last Post: CaughtInTheRye12
  Recommendations For 18 LL or 9 UL Social Science Credits harrypotter 3 417 11-08-2023, 07:27 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Cheapest way to complete CS prerequisites (RA Credits)? therightstuff 18 1,853 11-01-2023, 02:13 AM
Last Post: therightstuff
Information 3 credits in quantitative reasoning for $39 (ACE) MNomadic 92 19,122 10-30-2023, 04:02 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  What if my Degree contains too many Transfered Credits from Sophia etc.? ecdw94 19 2,898 10-17-2023, 05:56 PM
Last Post: midnite123