Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
LawShelf.com Discussion
For anybody else looking for Lawshelf/TESU transfer equivalencies, I found them here: https://lawshelf.com/assets/pdf/TESU.pdf
(06-02-2023, 09:37 AM)AnalysisParalysis Wrote: For anybody else looking for Lawshelf/TESU transfer equivalencies, I found them here: https://lawshelf.com/assets/pdf/TESU.pdf

Cool! 

I seem to remember that ENS-360 is both difficult to find and necessary for a certain degree. I don't think that degree can be completed fully with alt-credit, but that'd be one step closer.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
What courses has anyone taken from Lawshelf that you recommend I take? I am currently attending Excelsior; I need two UL credits from any academic area. For my Arts & Sciences, I am taking them from Coopersmith.
There are so many options to select from, look at their equivalency for Excelsior here and decide which two upper level alternatives look good for you, it's about the same, you review the modules and do a final exam: https://lawshelf.com/assets/pdf/Excelsior.pdf
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • lonelySamurai
(11-15-2023, 04:34 AM)lonelySamurai Wrote: What courses has anyone taken from Lawshelf that you recommend I take? I am currently attending Excelsior; I need two UL credits from any academic area. For my Arts & Sciences, I am taking them from Coopersmith.

I did just this to complete my "Any" portion. Look at my signature and just choose a couple of the Lawshelf courses that transfer in as UL, i.e. BUS 301, BUS 302, or EMP 301. I picked a few that were easier to complete and you can do any of the ones listed in my signature in an afternoon. I completed the 5 pack of courses in about 24 hours watching just the videos and doing a quick search for any terms that I didn't know.
In Progress: 
Excelsior - BPS Business and Management
Study.com - Business 307, Sociology 305, Psychology 315
ASU - Algebra, PreCalc, Calculus
Luna - Bio2 Lab

Completed: 
Universidad Isabel I - MBA/Master Bus & Corp Comm
Kirkwood - AAS Business Administration, Certificate of Human Resources 3.8 GPA
Excelsior - AAS Applied Technologies Electronics 4.0 GPA
TADA - Google Project Management, Google Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
CSM Learn
US Navy (Electronics Tech 3rd Class) - NER-ET-004, NV-2202-0165 V02, NV-1715-1788 V01, NV-1715-1796 V01, NV-1715-1585 V01, NV-1715-1336 V02

TECEP: 9 Credits
Man-3730, OPM-3010, Bus-3110

Study.com: 6 Credits
Philosophy 301

Lawshelf: 15 Credits
BUS-201, BUS-301, BUS-302, GOV-202, EMP-301

CLEP: 48 Credits
College Math, Financial Accounting, Principles of Micro & Macroeconomics, Intro Sociology, Intro Psychology, Analyze and Interpreting Literature, Intro Business Law, Principles of Marketing, Biology, US History 1 & 2, Humanities

DSST: 9 Credits
Principles of Public Speaking, Ethics in America, Principles of Supervision
[-] The following 1 user Likes GameSlinger's post:
  • lonelySamurai
(11-16-2023, 03:20 AM)GameSlinger Wrote:
(11-15-2023, 04:34 AM)lonelySamurai Wrote: What courses has anyone taken from Lawshelf that you recommend I take? I am currently attending Excelsior; I need two UL credits from any academic area. For my Arts & Sciences, I am taking them from Coopersmith.

I did just this to complete my "Any" portion. Look at my signature and just choose a couple of the Lawshelf courses that transfer in as UL, i.e. BUS 301, BUS 302, or EMP 301. I picked a few that were easier to complete and you can do any of the ones listed in my signature in an afternoon. I completed the 5 pack of courses in about 24 hours watching just the videos and doing a quick search for any terms that I didn't know.

How is the proctoring, are the exams open book?
(11-16-2023, 06:38 AM)lonelySamurai Wrote:

They use Voice Proctor so there is no video monitoring. With Voice Proctoring, you will read a paragraph of text, submit a photo of your id, and take a picture of your face to compare to the id. Then occasionally they will have you read another block of text to compare to the initial sample. You still need to understand enough of the information that you don't have to look up every question.

The exams themselves are open book but you will not have enough time to search every single question so you will want to have a good solid base of understanding prior to taking the exam. Stay away from the harder legal jargon type courses and you should do fine.

I did forget to list the GOV 202 as transferring as UL.
In Progress: 
Excelsior - BPS Business and Management
Study.com - Business 307, Sociology 305, Psychology 315
ASU - Algebra, PreCalc, Calculus
Luna - Bio2 Lab

Completed: 
Universidad Isabel I - MBA/Master Bus & Corp Comm
Kirkwood - AAS Business Administration, Certificate of Human Resources 3.8 GPA
Excelsior - AAS Applied Technologies Electronics 4.0 GPA
TADA - Google Project Management, Google Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
CSM Learn
US Navy (Electronics Tech 3rd Class) - NER-ET-004, NV-2202-0165 V02, NV-1715-1788 V01, NV-1715-1796 V01, NV-1715-1585 V01, NV-1715-1336 V02

TECEP: 9 Credits
Man-3730, OPM-3010, Bus-3110

Study.com: 6 Credits
Philosophy 301

Lawshelf: 15 Credits
BUS-201, BUS-301, BUS-302, GOV-202, EMP-301

CLEP: 48 Credits
College Math, Financial Accounting, Principles of Micro & Macroeconomics, Intro Sociology, Intro Psychology, Analyze and Interpreting Literature, Intro Business Law, Principles of Marketing, Biology, US History 1 & 2, Humanities

DSST: 9 Credits
Principles of Public Speaking, Ethics in America, Principles of Supervision
[-] The following 1 user Likes GameSlinger's post:
  • lonelySamurai
(01-20-2022, 02:39 PM)carrythenothing Wrote: National Paralegal College is on the list of "Provisionally Approved" providers, so TESU might accept the courses.

https://www.tesu.edu/degree-completion/p...-directory

I recently asked my advisor about some of the courses. I'm in a liberal studies program. The only course I could find that would transfer to my particular program was White-Collar Crime. The rest were too specific for a liberal studies major, but may transfer in a different program. They DO transfer to TESU, though.
TCC - AAS in Information Technology 2015
TCC - AAS in IT, Website Management 2015
Coursera - IBM Cybersecurity Analyst Certificate, April 2023
TESU - Bachelor of Arts in Computer Science (105 out of 120 credit hours)
Eastern University or A-State or UT - Austin - Something Artificial Intelligence related most likely
(11-16-2023, 09:58 AM)GameSlinger Wrote:
(11-16-2023, 06:38 AM)lonelySamurai Wrote:

They use Voice Proctor so there is no video monitoring. With Voice Proctoring, you will read a paragraph of text, submit a photo of your id, and take a picture of your face to compare to the id. Then occasionally they will have you read another block of text to compare to the initial sample. You still need to understand enough of the information that you don't have to look up every question.

The exams themselves are open book but you will not have enough time to search every single question so you will want to have a good solid base of understanding prior to taking the exam. Stay away from the harder legal jargon type courses and you should do fine.

I did forget to list the GOV 202 as transferring as UL.
I took administrative law and protection for employees and passed both in a week; thanks for the advice! Currently, I have four exams I bought from CooperSmith. I took two there before and passed, but the essay questions are worded a bit odd and seem like what I studied from the end-of-course review that everyone recommends they never coincide with the essay questions. That may be just the one exam; we will see, but thanks for your help!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  LawShelf = Arts & Sciences ??? NBM123 6 1,008 10-18-2022, 10:28 PM
Last Post: alsimko
  Discussion - Study.com difference between practice tests and actual exam gremlinbrawler 14 4,619 12-26-2016, 04:45 PM
Last Post: rowan555
  Study.com holiday discussion yb1 2 968 11-30-2016, 10:39 PM
Last Post: yb1