Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Liberty University?
Yes, CLEP and DSST are tests.

There are less expensive sources of credit than Liberty. Figure out how much you can transfer in from lower costs schools. Other can tell you about community colleges that have low tuition.
63 CLEP Sociology
75 CLEP U.S. History II
63 CLEP College Algebra
70 CLEP Analyzing and Interpreting Literature
68 DSST Technical Writing
72 CLEP U.S. History I
77 CLEP College Mathematics
470 DSST Statistics
53 CLEP College Composition
73 CLEP Biology
54 CLEP Chemistry
77 CLEP Information Systems and Computer Applications
dfrecore Wrote:... And they have their own exams.

can you give a link to that

here's their "online info" page
https://www.liberty.edu/online/degrees/

this is all I could find on exams
Earn Credit By Examination | Liberty University Online
Thanks for all the much needed advice and resources. I'm going to go over these after work today and see what I can find out.
I'm at a computer so I can add a bit more to my response.

Let me begin by saying that I simply see no reason whatsoever to take actual courses at Excelsior (EC) and transfer them out. This would be an incredibly expensive option and offer no substantive value over dozens, perhaps hundreds, of other options. I would take that off the table and forget about it, bad, costly idea.

If you are really sold on Liberty then utilize whatever options you can to reduce the cost such as CLEP and Straighterline, then just go get your Liberty experience. A cheaper option and arguably better would be to go to a CC first then transfer the whole thing to Liberty. That would keep all those general education costs in order and allow you to build afforbale credit before taking the Liberty plunge.

I don't think many schools will allow you to be enrolled on your own at a separate institution. Usually when one does this you are enrolled at school A then you take courses as a transient student at school B. Typically this is organized into what's know as a consortium agreement. A consortium agreement insures your credits from B will count at A and makes the proper use of any financial aid possible.

If money is the issue go get your AA/AS first and transfer that to Liberty .... you could accumulate as much as 3/4 of the total degree (90 credits) this way. Completed at say, your local CC, Luna CC or NMJC this would bring the first three years of your total degree down to something like $3000 (less with the efficient use of CLEP). That cost could be spread over a couple years leaving you with just 10 or so courses to take at Liberty Transfer Policies | Liberty University Undergrad Admissions

Note that Liberty requires 30 credits in residence, and that half of your major courses must come from them. I think it would be better to satisfy general eds and relevent credit up to 90 elsewhere while reducing overall cost then just go to Liberty for the Major requirements....degree will read the same in the end but be had for a rock bottom price.
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  American Public University? nomaduser 36 3,617 04-16-2024, 12:15 PM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Prompt Engineering Course by Vanderbilt University on Coursera LevelUP 2 352 03-23-2024, 05:28 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Graham School - University of Chicago Charles Fout 12 1,763 03-22-2024, 07:19 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 22 1,811 03-15-2024, 05:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Eastern University Self-Paced online Degrees natshar 2 774 03-06-2024, 10:03 PM
Last Post: jumlouh
  University of Idaho acquiring University of Phoenix bjcheung77 10 1,329 03-04-2024, 06:26 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  University of California System Bans Fully Online Degrees davewill 23 3,794 03-01-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  LLB University of London Online newdegree 1 416 02-28-2024, 01:46 PM
Last Post: freeloader
Brick Want a bachelor's degree in 3 years? University of Minnesota, Morris is trying... Ares 8 582 02-24-2024, 06:04 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Metropolia University Common Problems Resolved mariobros1985 21 2,645 02-24-2024, 06:39 AM
Last Post: therightstuff