Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Look Who Is Retired!!!
Hello IC-Forum....Although the vast majority of our student members are seeking out their degrees in an effort to begin or further their already existing careers, mine has for the most part, or at least in what some refer to as a "former life" has come to RETIREMENT!! Attached below is just a brief note I left for all of my "partners" and I thought I would share it with you guys too....

Farewell KCPD -

This is my farewell message to one-and-all at the KCPD the because as of 2300 hours of Saturday, 2/15/2014 I closed out my last day in uniform and walked away from a career that has sustained me and my family for more than 3 decades and began my entry into retirement from being a cop. Although I will not be “officially” retired until February 24th for all intents and purposes I am.

For nearly 33 years, with the last 21-years with the KCPD, I have enjoyed my professional and personal experiences working for and with my fellow officers and staff in law enforcement. I have reaped the intense and rewarding benefits of seeing new officers grow and blossom into responsible and seasoned veterans and have been extremely proud to have been such an integral part of their lives and their successes.

I am also incredibly proud of my own personal and long lasting legacy that I leave behind knowing that I have faithfully served our residents and business owners with distinction, second to none, while also knowing that my own children, who have also chosen to take up the gauntlet of law enforcement, shall continue the tradition of excellence and service for many-many generations to come.

A call to service at the risk of great peril may only be satisfied if one is able to complete their mission and cross the finish line knowing that both personal goals and professional accomplishments shall continue ever upward. I depart the KCPD trusting that all who are called to such service shall thrive and cross the finish line when their time arrives too.

Please watch over and protect one another as I pray that God the Father shall continue to keep all of you safe, free from harm and protected from evil no matter where it dwells.

I too wish that the people of the Town of Kenneth City enjoy continued prosperity and remain secure in the fact that the fine Officers of the KCPD will continue to do their utmost in providing them with safety, security, and service with integrity, pride and always endeavor to excel to the best of their abilities.

I trust that those of you that are still on your own Law Enforcement journey shall do so blessed and protected by God the Father no matter where your path leads until you yourself enter your own well deserved retirements. Until then I wish you all well, good health, and many-many years of peace and a long and happy life.

KC5 is now X7 into Retirement - Take Care and God Speed!
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
Congrats! What's next for you? Doctoral study? Bouncing grand kids on your knee?
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
Congratulations Shoto!!!

You are a very helpful and valuable member/moderator of this forum and I wish you all the best in your retirement. Hopefully, you'll take a little vacation before diving back into your school work.cheersmate
BA in Social Science-TESC
Arnold Fletcher Award

[h=1]“Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.” ~Thomas Edison[/h]
WOW! Congratulations on an amazing career! You definitely have worked hard and deserve this.

I also want to know what's next!! What are your plans for the future?
Regis University, ITESO, Global MBA with a focus in Emerging Markets 4.0 GPA, Dual-university degree (Spanish/English) 
COSC BS, Business Admin

My BS Credits:
Spanish 80 | Humanities 67 | A & I Lit 72 | Sub Abuse 452 | Bus Ethics 445 | Tech Writ 62 | Math 53 | HTYH 454 | Am. Govt 65 | Env & Humanity 64 | Marketing 65 | Micro 61| Mgmt 63| Org Behavior 65| MIS 446|Computing 432 | BL II 61 | M&B 50 | Finance 411 | Supervision 437| Intro Bus. 439| Law Enforcement 63|  SL: Accounting I B | Accounting II C+| Macro A | ECE: Labor Relations A | Capstone: A| FEMA PDS Cert 
All this time I thought you were already retired. LOL!!! Congrats!!!
TESC AA
TESC BA June 2010
What a nice letter! Congratulations Shoto! You have done so much to be proud about!
AS in 2010 and BS in 2013 at Excelsior College - Transcripts and Costs
MS Biostatistics in 2019 at Texas A&M University - Graduate School

Sharing Credit-by-Exam*
Resources Used - 20+ Exams Passed & General GRE
Practice Tests - Available for CLEP and DSST

* Link posted with permission from forum admin; thank you!
As long as you don't retire as our moderator! Enjoy your retirement, and may God bless you in whatever comes next!
I don't know what the future holds, but I know Who holds the future.
Hi Shoto,

Your work and time with us and I am sure with the KCPD, was not unnoticed. Your faith and encouragement really shined through to me over the last year + that I have been on IC. You have accomplished an A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA, and Ed.D. That's amazing!

So what are you planning to do with your free time? Travel? Learn a new language, play an instrument, spend more time with wife, kids grandkids? How cool that you have loads of free time AND a nice pension from your very brave service. I am a nurse and nurses and police/firemen usually have a really nice repoire and mutual respect. I think I would probably faint if I saw a criminal with a gun shooting at me or my partner. Give me a preemie with a heartbeat and collapsed lungs any day over that fear of dying or being mamed anyway. So you have my respect for life…and thank YOU for giving so much of your life to your community!

I wish you all the best in whatever path you take,
Tara
Tara

I'm done!Smile Thanks to InstantCert, Study.com, ALEKS, CLEP and a LOT of work on my part and a lot of support from hubby and family. If I can do it, so can you! 

Degrees:
Thomas Edison State College (TESC) - Bachelor of Science Nursing; RN, BSN (Graduated in the top of 1/4 of class with Sigma Theta Tau honors)
+ 3 courses completed towards MSN.
Excelsior College (EC) - Associates in Applied Science (passed NCLEX- RN exam and became a Registered Nurse)

The test's Passed (CLEP'S, DSST's, ALEK's, etc.):
Credits/Course
3          Introduction to Sociology
3          Lifespan and Developmental Psychology
3          Humanities (64)
3          History of the United States I (60)
3          History of the United States II (65)
3          American Government (54)
6          Biology (58)
6          Analyzing and Interpreting Literature (67)
3          Principals of Management (72)
3          ALEKS: Intermediate Algebra
3          CLEP Intro to Psych
3          ALEKS: Statistics

YOU CAN DO IT!!![Image: smile.png]
Congratulations on the impressive accomplishment!
Respect Yourself and Respect others.

Passed
DSST Technical Writing
DSST Principle of Statistics
DSST Astronomy
DSST MIS
Congratulations sir!! Planning on taking many cruises while retired? Tongue
[COLOR="#0000FF"] B.S. - COSC (December, 2013) :hurray:
20-Community College Courses (2004-2006)
80-Semester Hours at Western Governors University (2010-2012)
15-Charter Oak State College (2013)
12-CLEP
3-DSST
6-FEMA
If I can do it, ANYONE can do it![/COLOR]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Retired Gary 9 1,720 11-06-2009, 02:20 PM
Last Post: ShotoJuku