Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for Help with my TESU start
Hey everyone! I am just starting out like a lot of the threads I see on here; I'll try to make it brief, I am trying to get a bachelors for my TESL.

I am stronger in more math/computer subjects but that might be irrelevant. Looking to start at TESU, I keep seeing that the BALS is probably the easiest but I guess that’s subjective.
I've tried to research as much as I could before posting and feel comfortable with the basic idea. On a lot of the templates I see "Any XXXX Course" and then Saylor/SL/Study.com/TECEP/CLEP/DSST listed. I guess I get lost on which Saylor/SL/Study.com/TECEP/CLEP/DSST equivalents are good for TESU credit or if there are ones that have more benefits to the other.

I attached my very basic starting plan. Also with the electives, I would imagine that could almost be anything.
Cost is obviously one of the key reasons to do this but I’m looking more for speed, so if I had to pay a little more and it was a better direction I would.

Thank you all for all of the crazy amount support you give everyone. Smile

Attached Files
.xlsx   TESU_Plan_edit.xlsx (Size: 18.74 KB / Downloads: 13)
So, you're probably looking at my spreadsheet, and yes, it can be difficult to figure out what to take in each category. Here's a quick breakdown for ones that aren't clear:

Knowledge of Human Cultures would including anything from the Humanities area, and the Social Sciences area.

Understanding the Physical and Natural World would include anything from Science and Computer Science (most)

General Ed Electives will include all 4 of those just mentioned.

The Area of Study can be any course in the 4 above, and you'll need 18cr of UL (upper level) coursework, including the Capstone, so 5 3cr courses will do the trick.

Free Electives are any college-level course from above, or other things that don't count above like Business, Education, Health, etc.

Humanities - Art, Literature, English, Religion, Photography, etc.

Social Science - History, Psychology, Sociology, PoliSci, etc.

Science - Chem, Bio, Physics, Astronomy, Physical Science, etc.

CompSci - computer-related courses, but these are trickier to figure out since some won't come in as CompSci, but as applied computers, and won't work in Gen Ed or the AOS. You'd do better to ask ahead of time.

If you want math & computer, your best bet is to figure out who has math courses and take as many as possible. Same with computers. Load up. If you make a list of which ones you're interested in, we can help you figure out what they'll come in as, and where they will fit into a degree plan.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • StoicJ

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 4,024 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,688 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,178 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,694 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,755 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,376 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,624 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,349 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,408 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,886 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore