Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Looking for an RA Online Biology II w Lab
Hello,

We are looking for a RA Biology II with Lab to accompany the Biology I w Lab taken on Study.com. It needs to be online and preferably RA, but not necessarily. Student would be a Dual Enrolled High School Student. 

Thank you.

A few we have tried: local community college and other local colleges, ASU, John Brown, CCU, Concordia WI, Liberty- isn't listed on the DE choices and don't know if they allow you to take courses outside of the list, U Arizona, Outlier,....
I think NMJC has Bio II w/lab online. Another option that isn't especially cheap is Portage. https://portagelearning.com/courses/biology/biod102
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Fountains of Roses
I have found two at community colleges in NY. Here's your problem though besides the cost of tuition. They require Bio I to be taken and completed with a minimum of a C. They may not accept ACE credit for this requirement. Not sure if a high school student would be able to take these courses, but I'm sharing the links below.

Finger Lakes Community College
https://webadvisor.flcc.edu/WebAdvisor/WebAdvisor?TOKENIDX=5289376399&SS=1&APP=ST&CONSTITUENCY=WBAP

Hudson Valley Community College
https://hvccapp.hvcc.edu/pls/PROD/bwckschd.p_disp_detail_sched?term_in=202130&crn_in=30478 This is the course
https://hvccapp.hvcc.edu/pls/PROD/bwckschd.p_disp_detail_sched?term_in=202130&crn_in=30479 This is the lab

Empire State College also offers Bio II w/ lab
You may have a much easier time getting ACE accepted here

https://banner.esc.edu/StudentRegistrationSsb/ssb/courseSearch/courseSearch
Class Details for Biology II with Lab BIOL: Biology 1201 01
close
Term: 202110 | CRN: 10084
Course Description
Biology II with Lab is the second course of the two-term sequence in general biology for science concentrations. This course serves as an introduction to the basic principles of biology, primarily in the domain of microbial, plant and animal biology. Themes explored include: the biological diversity of bacteria, archaea, protists, and fungi; plant form and function, including plant structure, growth, development, and transport; animal form and function, including digestion, respiration, immune responses, excretion, endocrinology, reproduction, and neurology. The study of life forms is presented in the context of the principles of evolution and ecology and emphasizes the importance of interactions among organisms. Prerequisites: Biology I with Lab, or Introduction to Cell Biology and Genetics, or equivalent. Students should select either Biology II with Lab or the two-term sequence: Introduction to Organismal Biology and Introduction to Population Biology. This course was previously SMT-271024 Biology II.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • Fountains of Roses
You haven't said what state you're in, nor what you're looking to pay.

All of the specifically-DE options I know of don't have this course, but lots of CC's will have it - the only issue is whether they will let you take it if you haven't taken Bio I at an RA school.

I'd check CC's first: local to you, then Luna CC, NMJC (they have it - but they started on Jan 19).

If everyone requires the pre-req, and you want to skip the problems, you can look at Portage Learning - it's self-paced, and transcripts as RA through Geneva College - $792 for the course with virtual lab.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Fountains of Roses
Portage Learning, the online division of Geneva College (RA) - https://portagelearning.com/courses/biology/biod102
[-] The following 1 user Likes DeanLewis's post:
  • Fountains of Roses
Thank you everyone! So kind and helpful of you! We are in Florida.
The Portage is quite pricey, but we may have to keep it in the running as the only alternative we currently know is would require a good deal of driving for each class session. We are intrigued by the Anatomy course as well.
Here's one.  I didn't check the price
Biology II Lecture & Lab, BIOL 1011, 100% Online Biology Course at UNE | UNE Online College of Graduate and Professional Studies
(02-03-2021, 09:08 PM)Alpha Wrote: Here's one.  I didn't check the price
Biology II Lecture & Lab, BIOL 1011, 100% Online Biology Course at UNE | UNE Online College of Graduate and Professional Studies

UNE is $360/credit + $30 registration fee per class. For BIO II, this works out to $1470. Ouch. Portage would be cheaper.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Fountains of Roses
For the price and for lower level credit, stick with the community colleges instead of the bigger private or state universities. I still would recommend taking Bio II & Lab at NMJC, a few of us took the course there for a little less than $400. The have 3 course options, 1) Full term - semester. 2) First Half of a full term. 3) Second Half of a full term. I took the 2nd half of a full term in March, this was a few years ago. I just verified they have an offering from March to May for 8 weeks. Apply and go for it!!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(02-04-2021, 06:33 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: For the price and for lower level credit, stick with the community colleges instead of the bigger private or state universities.  I still would recommend taking Bio II & Lab at NMJC, a few of us took the course there for a little less than $400.  The have 3 course options, 1) Full term - semester.  2) First Half of a full term.  3) Second Half of a full term.   I took the 2nd half of a full term in March, this was a few years ago.  I just verified they have an offering from March to May for 8 weeks.  Apply and go for it!!

Thank you for this. Price is a big issue, so I appreciate you giving another option. The class she would  need at NMJC would be BI 144                                Biology II for Science Majors. 
Is there an easy way to tell if they would allow her to take this and if it is online?  

Also, do you think the class at Portage matches the correct Biology? I am trying to match the Biology level for science Majors. 

Thank you!

(02-06-2021, 11:06 AM)Fountains of Roses Wrote:
(02-04-2021, 06:33 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: For the price and for lower level credit, stick with the community colleges instead of the bigger private or state universities.  I still would recommend taking Bio II & Lab at NMJC, a few of us took the course there for a little less than $400.  The have 3 course options, 1) Full term - semester.  2) First Half of a full term.  3) Second Half of a full term.   I took the 2nd half of a full term in March, this was a few years ago.  I just verified they have an offering from March to May for 8 weeks.  Apply and go for it!!

Thank you for this. Price is a big issue, so I appreciate you giving another option. The class she would  need at NMJC would be BI 144                                Biology II for Science Majors. 
Is there an easy way to tell if they would allow her to take this and if it is online?  However, I am looking in their semester search and never see that offered. Confusing. 

Also, do you think the class at Portage matches the correct Biology? I am trying to match the Biology level for science Majors. 

Here is the course I am trying to match although the description is sparse:
BIO 1113 Biology II 3 Credit Hours Continuation of Biology I. Topics include: a comparative overview of the diversity of life, anatomy and physiology, origins, and ecology. Prerequisites: C- or above in BIO 1043 and BIO 1041 or BIO 1103 and BIO 1101

Thank you!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Will online degrees become worthless because of AI? blablablox 10 534 04-17-2024, 09:46 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  New UK Bachelors Degree Online coming soon! Leedeedee 1 261 04-03-2024, 11:54 AM
Question How can I Study on my own pace and online like a european? justmemyself 6 386 03-25-2024, 09:14 PM
  Biochemistry online, no lab, and less than $500. GoodYellowDogs 11 10,358 03-20-2024, 04:16 PM
  The 100 Most Popular Accredited Online Colleges for 2024 LevelUP 2 315 03-20-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: nyvrem
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 27 5,688 03-16-2024, 06:22 AM
  Eastern University Self-Paced online Degrees natshar 2 743 03-06-2024, 10:03 PM
Last Post: jumlouh
  University of California System Bans Fully Online Degrees davewill 23 3,755 03-01-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  LLB University of London Online newdegree 1 400 02-28-2024, 01:46 PM
Last Post: freeloader
  Is online college easier now? Vle045 21 1,181 02-26-2024, 10:47 PM
Last Post: Vle045