Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking to take Chem 1 w/ Lab.
Hey guys, I have a scenario I need to tackle ASAP, and I'm reaching here for some advice. I need to be enrolled in General Chemistry 1 with a Lab course and have a transcript confirming enrollment in that course by November 15th. I was looking at solutions like tellearning.org, but they didn't give much information about transcripting.

What're my speediest options to get enrolled in a course and have a transcript sent to my college (bhclr.edu) by November 15th? Course needs to be on-demand/self-paced.

Thanks for the help everyone, I appreciate it.
The speediest one that you could take would be from TEL: https://www.tellearning.org/courses-on-demand/ You'd need to make sure that you choose the right college/university to transcript it, though.

I'm not 100% sure you'd be able to finish by November 15. You can't get a transcript showing just enrollment from anywhere, so far as I am aware.

If your school accepts ACE credits, you could probably fully finish Study.com's Chem 1 w/ lab by then.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(11-12-2021, 12:50 PM)rachel83az Wrote: The speediest one that you could take would be from TEL: https://www.tellearning.org/courses-on-demand/ You'd need to make sure that you choose the right college/university to transcript it, though.

I'm not 100% sure you'd be able to finish by November 15. You can't get a transcript showing just enrollment from anywhere, so far as I am aware.

If your school accepts ACE credits, you could probably fully finish Study.com's Chem 1 w/ lab by then.

Gotcha, what exactly are ACE credits though? How do they differ from what a site like TELLearning offers?
ACE credits are credits not offered by an actual college or university as the courses being sold by TEL are. Some schools accept a lot of ACE credits, some accept specific credits, some accept none or might only accept CLEP exams.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(11-12-2021, 01:33 PM)rachel83az Wrote: ACE credits are credits not offered by an actual college or university as the courses being sold by TEL are. Some schools accept a lot of ACE credits, some accept specific credits, some accept none or might only accept CLEP exams.

Hey, thanks for the info -- I'm running into a little confusion with TEL Learning, so I'm coming back with another question.

I just purchased the Chemistry 1 & lab course for $267... now what?

Seriously, the only thing I've got now is a receipt, and I haven't received any course information or follow-up. Just wondering what I should be expecting to come up soon.
Hopefully they will get you up and running on Monday, the 15th! It's going to go down to the wire, and I highly suggest you call them to verify they can get a transcript for you as transcripts usually indicate the course has been completed, not just enrolled. Having said that, see if getting a receipt for the course, in addition to your enrollment information you receive on Monday (early in the morning) will suffice.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
You are not considered "enrolled" in a course at a college using TEL. So you're out of luck there. I'm going to ask for a refund, and take it elsewhere.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Transcript don't often show what you're currently enrolled in. In my experience, they show what you've completed.
(11-15-2021, 11:07 PM)ss20ts Wrote: Transcript don't often show what you're currently enrolled in. In my experience, they show what you've completed.

Maybe "transcript" was the wrong word - you can usually print out something showing what you're enrolled in at a school, even if it's not a transcript.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(11-16-2021, 11:08 AM)dfrecore Wrote:
(11-15-2021, 11:07 PM)ss20ts Wrote: Transcript don't often show what you're currently enrolled in. In my experience, they show what you've completed.

Maybe "transcript" was the wrong word - you can usually print out something showing what you're enrolled in at a school, even if it's not a transcript.

That would be a schedule usually.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NYU professor fired... Organic chem class too hard! bjcheung77 12 1,028 10-12-2022, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Pats20
  1 Credit Chem Lab? Online Togas 6 1,199 04-04-2016, 05:06 PM
Last Post: Togas
  General Chem I & II, Organic Chem I & II, Physics I & II Biochemistry😥 mcorye91 14 1,615 01-14-2015, 02:38 PM
Last Post: mcorye91
  HES Gen Chem and Physics Online, and January Weeklong Labs Jonathan Whatley 8 1,098 07-03-2014, 04:09 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Will TESC accept the Chem CLEP to satisfy natural science GE requirement without lab? KKAKCP 3 576 12-30-2013, 06:15 PM
Last Post: ejcompere
  Selfpaced Chem or Bio Lab humboldtjake 2 523 04-27-2012, 09:12 AM
Last Post: rebel100
  straighterline chem 1 with lab nj593 2 537 02-25-2012, 03:51 PM
Last Post: nj593
  CLEP Biology and Chem, advice desperately needed gilliam_III 15 1,348 01-13-2012, 02:06 PM
Last Post: HorseManiac
  straigherline chem final and tesc primer 1 614 08-13-2011, 11:48 AM
Last Post: hkhart
  Gen Bio, Gen Chem, Gen Phys & Org Phys. Where can I take them online with Lab? jaryu 18 2,782 06-01-2009, 12:08 AM
Last Post: bdail