Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Losing does not equal the loss of democracy
Victory in Wisconsin! Congratulations to Gov. Walker on a job well done.

Jeers to those protesting. I support the right to protest and I am glad that we live in a place where people don't get shot for demonstrating (Libya). My problem with those protestors are the signs that read "this is what democracy looks like" and comparing the Republicans to dictators. In fact this IS what democracy looks like! Just because you didn't get what you want does not mean the system failed. That law was passed legally by representatives who were elected by the people in a fair election. Democracy never broke down.

Keep protesting, but don't call the process unfair. The Dems that fled the state for a month to prevent a vote? Now THAT was undemocratic!

BA/Liberal Studies, TESC 2011
AAS/Applied Electronic Studies, TESC 2010

Could not agree more! Maybe now other states will have the guts to do the same thing....
Finished in December, 2008 with my BSBA from TESC

Current events dialogue @SamRust on Twitter
"The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter.” -Winston Churchill
blu2blu Wrote:Victory in Wisconsin! Congratulations to Gov. Walker on a job well done.

Keep protesting, but don't call the process unfair. The Dems that fled the state for a month to prevent a vote? Now THAT was undemocratic!

So what you're saying is that in Wisconsin, the Democrats were being Undemocratic :roflol: :roflol:

FARMERBOY, Where the hell have you been, haven't seen you on here in about a year it seems.
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]Excelsior College - DONE[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]AAS-[SIZE="1"]2009[/SIZE], BSLS-[SIZE="1"]2010[/SIZE] [/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][B][SIZE="2"]Thomas Edison State College - DONE[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]BA in History[/SIZE]-[SIZE="1"]2011[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[SIZE="2"]Texas A&M University Central Texas[/SIZE]
Master of Arts in History - 18/36 SH

CLEPs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Spanish, Freshman Comp, English Comp w/ Essay, Social Science & Hist, Info Sys & Comp App, Intro Sociology, Prin of Mngmt, American Gov , US History I, US History II, Western Civ I, Western Civ II[/SIZE][/SIZE]
DSSTs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Civil War & Reconstruction, Rise & Fall of Soviet Union, History of Vietnam War, Intro Modern Middle East, Western Europe Since 1945, Drug and Alcohol, Here's to Your Hlth, Intro To Comp, Prin of Sup, Technical Writing, Prin of Physical Science I[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Quote: There are no stupid questions, only stupid people. "Mr. Garrison"[/SIZE]
MA2 Wrote:"The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter.” -Winston Churchill
Confusedmilelol: Too true, too true.

And yes, grats to Wisconsin!
[SIZE="1"]American Government (68) ~ Analyzing & Interpreting Literature (70) ~ Art of the Western World (72) ~ Astronomy (66) ~ ENG407: Chaucer (A) ~ Civil War & Reconstruction (69) ~ College Algebra (62) ~ College Mathematics (73) ~ College Writing (A) ~ English Composition with Essay (59) ~ GRE Literature in English (610/73%tile) ~ Humanities (75) ~ Introduction to Business (62) ~ Introduction to Computing (459) ~ Introduction to Educational Psychology (72) ~ Introduction to World Religions (478) ~ Introductory Psychology (74) ~ Money & Banking (48) ~ Research & Writing (A) ~ Rise & Fall of the Soviet Union (68) ~ ENG 310: Short Stories (A) ~ Introductory Sociology (77) ~ Social Sciences & History (76) ~ Technical Writing (67) ~ US History I (69) ~ US History II (64) ~ Western Civilization I (76) ~ Western Civilization II (65) Western Europe Since 1945 (65) ~ Exam Feedback

Total Credits: 121 ~ DONE: Literature in English BA from Excelsior College[/SIZE]
MA2 Wrote:"The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter.” -Winston Churchill
:roflol:

This could easily be said of any government system, though. Doesn't take long talking to one of the "serfs" of a communist or dictatorship situation to see that isn't exactly ideal either Wink
TESC Criminal Justice BA '12
B&M Civil Engineering BS (In Progress)
Yes, but a communist serf isn't voting for his leaders... Americans are gullible and people just keep voting for whoever will give them the most free handouts, god forbid anyone work for anything.
MA2 Wrote:Yes, but a communist serf isn't voting for his leaders... Americans are gullible and people just keep voting for whoever will give them the most free handouts, god forbid anyone work for anything.
Umm I mean more that they are oppressed and not free to do anything Wink

And a large minority of Americans vote the other way, the hand-out side has just won a lot lately :p
TESC Criminal Justice BA '12
B&M Civil Engineering BS (In Progress)
clep101 Wrote:So what you're saying is that in Wisconsin, the Democrats were being Undemocratic :roflol: :roflol:

FARMERBOY, Where the hell have you been, haven't seen you on here in about a year it seems.

Oh life has been very busy! Changed jobs and now am actually utilizing my degree to some extent working for a sales and engineering firm in Salt Lake City. Glad to see some of the "oldtimers" still around!
Finished in December, 2008 with my BSBA from TESC

Current events dialogue @SamRust on Twitter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to Stay Sane in a World That's Losing It's Mind LevelUP 0 413 06-04-2023, 01:42 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Not all degrees are equal burbuja0512 9 1,670 04-07-2014, 10:49 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  Memory loss?? burbuja0512 6 1,417 03-31-2014, 12:55 AM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Losing my Job questions! Bob 23 2,289 01-13-2012, 07:26 AM
Last Post: ryoder
  Losing Motivation plutoon 17 2,068 09-02-2011, 08:25 PM
Last Post: ryoder
  “All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others.” Popcorn 8 1,321 03-23-2011, 04:40 PM
Last Post: Popcorn
  Study: Chimps equal college students at mental math ability BMWGuinness 0 1,369 12-17-2007, 10:21 PM
Last Post: BMWGuinness