Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Luna Community College on Show Cause from HLC
Went to sign up for a course on LCC and saw they are on probation since June and must "show-cause" to the HLC. I think I may hold up before enrolling.

https://luna.edu/media/page_files/1-Luna...stions.pdf

Brings back bad memories of when I was enrolled in CIE.
GRADUATE

Master of Business Administration, Robert Cavelier University (2024-2025)

MS Information and Communication Technology (UK IET Accredited) (On Hold)
Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (6 cr)

UNDERGRAD : 184 Credits

BA Computer Science, TESU  '19
BA Liberal Studies, TESU  '19
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  '19

StraighterLine (27 Cr)   Shmoop (18 Cr)  Sophia (11 Cr)
TEEX (5 Cr) Aleks (9 Cr)  ED4Credit (3 Cr) CPCU (2 Cr)   Study.com (39 Cr)

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

I think they had trouble before June too, like last year.

Luna is also synchronous, so you have to log on at certain times of the week for a video class.

(12-06-2018, 01:16 PM)Ideas Wrote: I think they had trouble before June too, like last year.

Luna is also synchronous, so you have to log on at certain times of the week for a video class.

True, so this could be very problematic for those outside the US, the time zone differences and having be logged in live to the school's local time, all on set schedules - yikes.  This is why we often recommend Clovis CC (NM) http://www.clovis.edu/ or NMJR https://www.nmjc.edu/
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 1 user Likes allvia's post:
  • ed209uardo
Ah yes a very memorable event in my life as well, I was enrolled in their BEET and their BCIT programs as the core credits (66) were the same, and in the two areas, I wanted to get into. Having done the core courses, and starting to take the specific track courses, they lost accreditation. This is from a school that probably had accreditation the longest from DEAC.

I also attended Jones International University as well, I was admitted to their graduate certificate in Business. I spent $1500 on one course and poof, they closed their doors without a word. Being the first truly online university, I was thinking they would be UOP or WGU’s biggest competition... but alas, they dropped dead as well...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clevelan...lectronics
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jones_In...University

The one that hit the hardest was the school closest to home or work, depending on how you look at things, this private school I went to right after work to get an accredited Info Tech Diploma closed shop after 19 years, I paid them over $6800 and after a couple of semesters, they closed.

Update: I'm just glad I'm past that stage of looking back at the hard times of "not able to get it done". Heck, if it wasn't for StraighterLine/Study.com, I would not have been able to do it - I am most thankful for those two providers. As I know CLEP/DSST and the other exams are possible options, I can't get away from commitments/family/work or drive 1.5 hours to the nearest test center, otherwise (due to being an idiot for having test anxiety), my degree would be done much earlier.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
@bjcheung77 I had everything planned out. I would do my AAS in Software Engineering at CIE then I would go to World College for the BEET. After that I would do the masters and DSc at Aspen University.
It was either between CIE or Grantham at the time and they both had monthly payments, however CIE was considerably cheaper and had a longer history and the reviews on the school were stellar! Halfway through my AAS in SE they closed and I couldnt do Grantham because they stoppped the low monthly payments.

I am also thankful to SL and SDC! SDC in particular has made that BA in CS actually doable with the exception of two courses. Especially since I spent about 7 years at a local college and dint have an associates to show for it!

CLEP and DSST arent an option for me so these course providers are a life saver!

I was on track to finishing with CIE, but I guess thats time and money wasted, but cant go back only forward.

@allvia can you help me find the intro to programming on the nmjc website?

Dont want to go off thread but is clovis really $333? For international as well?
GRADUATE

Master of Business Administration, Robert Cavelier University (2024-2025)

MS Information and Communication Technology (UK IET Accredited) (On Hold)
Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (6 cr)

UNDERGRAD : 184 Credits

BA Computer Science, TESU  '19
BA Liberal Studies, TESU  '19
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  '19

StraighterLine (27 Cr)   Shmoop (18 Cr)  Sophia (11 Cr)
TEEX (5 Cr) Aleks (9 Cr)  ED4Credit (3 Cr) CPCU (2 Cr)   Study.com (39 Cr)

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

(12-06-2018, 07:28 PM)armstrongsubero Wrote: @bjcheung77 I had everything planned out. I would do my AAS in Software Engineering at CIE then I would go to World College for the BEET. After that I would do the masters and DSc at Aspen University.
It was either between CIE or Grantham at the time and they both had monthly payments, however CIE was considerably cheaper and had a longer history and the reviews on the school were stellar! Halfway through my AAS in SE they closed and I couldnt do Grantham because they stoppped the low monthly payments.

I am also thankful to SL and SDC! SDC in particular has made that BA in CS actually doable with the exception of two courses. Especially since I spent about 7 years at a local college and dint have an associates to show for it!

CLEP and DSST arent an option for me so these course providers are a life saver!

I was on track to finishing with CIE, but I guess thats time and money wasted, but cant go back only forward.

@allvia can you help me find the intro to programming on the nmjc website?

Dont want to go off thread but is clovis really $333? For international as well?

For the NMJR go here - https://online.nmjc.edu/academics/courseschedule.aspx  then sort by Department (Computer Information Systems) the course is called Fundamentals of Programming

Yes, they should be - Clovis costs are great - I've taken a few courses with them.  They do accept international students -  there are a few success stories in about international students of the school in their newsletters (that can be seen online). Plus NM being so close to Mexico I suspect has many students from Mexico, that and they are a military base area.  They too have Introduction to Programming Concepts online for the next term (Jan 2019) you can search with the 'Visit Online Schedule' link off this page: http://www.clovis.edu/publications/index.aspx
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

I was never interested in Luna. Their online selection isn't great, and they don't seem to be very advanced. NMJC and Clovis were more appealing when I was looking for cheap, online courses.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
(12-07-2018, 09:53 AM)sanantone Wrote: I was never interested in Luna. Their online selection isn't great, and they don't seem to be very advanced. NMJC and Clovis were more appealing when I was looking for cheap, online courses.

I agree. The only appeal to me was that the courses are only $38/credit for up to 6 credits for out of state people. $228 for 2 classes was darn cheap.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
[-] The following 1 user Likes MNomadic's post:
  • Life Long Learning

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is online college easier now? Vle045 21 1,089 02-26-2024, 10:47 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  People Who Regret Their College Majors Are Sharing What Their Major Was LevelUP 22 1,348 02-26-2024, 07:34 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 1,722 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Verified College Credit Transfers TINASAM 0 196 02-19-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: TINASAM
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 435 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  NH Colby-Sawyer College cut their tuition 62% in 2023 ($46,000 to $17,500) Ares 2 307 02-14-2024, 07:08 AM
Last Post: Ares
  Tohono O’odham Community College: $34.25 Credit Hour! Ares 3 620 02-07-2024, 12:24 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  College enrollment rises after pandemic lull LevelUP 0 178 01-25-2024, 04:44 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  101yr Old Woman Returned To School And Will Graduate College With Her Granddaughter LevelUP 0 197 01-25-2024, 04:36 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  5 institutions paying fine plus how much college costs in every state bjcheung77 1 188 01-25-2024, 01:55 PM
Last Post: inor