Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MBA/Other with speed, flexibility
Hi. I like WGU, and I may go for an MBA there. The thing I love with WGU is that I could work very hard when I have a slow week at work, then do nothing at school when I have more work, so I like when there's not a due date every week or two. When I have a slow week at work, I could complete 3 or more papers.

TBH I don't care if I learn in the program, I just want the MBA or Other. I want to graduate in 10-12 mo.

I'd love to hear about other Master's that can be done fast and flexibility. An MBA would suit my career needs but a degree in anything else suits my needs too, and I might enjoy something else more. I don't want to study IT, Education, religious, or a general degree. Also MBA sounds better to me than MAOL for sure.

I'm trying to balance the school rep with speed, flexibility. I read about the Purdue University Global and I don't know about an MBA that's all papers and PPTs. WGU has a good amount of exams. OTOH, I think it's worth doing more work for a better rep school, esp since my undergrad is WGU.

Edit: Def don't want a hard school either. If only PUG had some exams.

Edit: Reading about Amberton... too much writing.
(06-06-2022, 09:15 PM)ZigZag Wrote: Hi. I like WGU, and I may go for an MBA there. The thing I love with WGU is that I could work very hard when I have a slow week at work, then do nothing at school when I have more work, so I like when there's not a due date every week or two. When I have a slow week at work, I could complete 3 or more papers.

TBH I don't care if I learn in the program, I just want the MBA or Other. I want to graduate in 10-12 mo.

I'd love to hear about other Master's that can be done fast and flexibility. An MBA would suit my career needs but a degree in anything else suits my needs too, and I might enjoy something else more. I don't want to study IT, Education, religious, or a general degree. Also MBA sounds better to me than MAOL for sure.

I'm trying to balance the school rep with speed, flexibility. I read about the Purdue University Global and I don't know about an MBA that's all papers and PPTs. WGU has a good amount of exams. OTOH, I think it's worth doing more work for a better rep school, esp since my undergrad is WGU.

Edit: Def don't want a hard school either. If only PUG had some exams.

Edit: Reading about Amberton... too much writing.

Let me see...you want a program that is fast, flexible, and you "don't care if I learn in the program".  Hmmmm....
[-] The following 2 users Like smartdegree's post:
  • ss20ts, Vle045
@ZigZag, you may have already answered your own question... A "one and done" option, having the undergrad and graduate MBA completed at WGU. Many people finish with a "one and done" university all the time, there is no shame in finding a graduate program from the same school as your undergrad. If WGU has the style of learning you're interested in, stay with them.

Having said that, if you're looking to "open" your doors a bit more, you really need to provide us more details by following this template, the top part of the info such as your age, state and the addendum such as the budget, commitments, etc. All we have is very basic info, the more you give us, the more we can assist you further: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Area-works
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 2 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • Pikachu, Vle045
(06-06-2022, 09:59 PM)smartdegree Wrote: Let me see...you want a program that is fast, flexible, and you "don't care if I learn in the program".  Hmmmm....

So? Flexible is good for working adults. I said I was willing to work hard whenever I could for almost a year. I said at least 3 exams or papers in a week on the weeks that I can. I think that is equivalent to the pace many adults can handle, it's just clustered instead of spread out.

I might consider doing a degree where I work intensely on one weekend day per week (2 exams or papers in one day), but that makes some weeks really hard.

WGU matches what I'm looking for, but I thought there might be others. I guess not because many of them are 12, 14, 16 mo.
(06-06-2022, 10:27 PM)ZigZag Wrote:
(06-06-2022, 09:59 PM)smartdegree Wrote: Let me see...you want a program that is fast, flexible, and you "don't care if I learn in the program".  Hmmmm....

So? Flexible is good for working adults. I said I was willing to work hard whenever I could for almost a year. I said at least 3 exams or papers in a week on the weeks that I can. I think that is equivalent to the pace many adults can handle, it's just clustered instead of spread out.

I might consider doing a degree where I work intensely on one weekend day per week (2 exams or papers in one day), but that makes some weeks really hard.

WGU matches what I'm looking for, but I thought there might be others. I guess not because many of them are 12, 14, 16 mo.
Are you open to non american options?
ZigZag Wrote:So? Flexible is good for working adults. I said I was willing to work hard whenever I could for almost a year. I said at least 3 exams or papers in a week on the weeks that I can. I think that is equivalent to the pace many adults can handle, it's just clustered instead of spread out.

It all depends on your answers to the template addendum, you may want to complete it... Anyways, for now, you may want to check out some other competency based degree providers such as NAU, UMass Global, UMPI, Walden, etc, or programs from the MOOCs such as Coursera, Edx, FutureLearn, Upgrad, Udacity (only has one program so far).  Here's a link created by Rachel83AZ that compares the CBE programs: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Co...d_Programs
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Pikachu
The Administrative Management specialization only has one IT course. The rest of the program is focused on management, leadership, and administration.

https://www.cwu.edu/it-management/ms-itam-flexit-pro
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Maybe WGU is your best option.  But if you're interested in browsing through some other options, there are really quite a few 1 year MBA programs.
Best 1-Year MBA Programs 2022 | Business Rankings (collegeconsensus.com)
You might be better off trying to get a degree from a foreign school. I understand that you don't want to write papers. I seriously doubt there any MBA schools in the US that don't require you to turn in assignments. You said you don't want "hard", so that rules out schools that have exams. I have a friend from India, and he said at every corner there is an MBA school. He said that the school offers the previous semester's final exams (you have to pay), and 90% of the questions are repeated, so that sounds like something that matches your criteria. I think you said you don't want to learn anything, but you may end up learning something. If you can find one online, that might be your best bet.
(06-08-2022, 01:09 AM)ifomonay Wrote: You might be better off trying to get a degree from a foreign school. I understand that you don't want to write papers. I seriously doubt there any MBA schools in the US that don't require you to turn in assignments. You said you don't want "hard", so that rules out schools that have exams. I have a friend from India, and he said at every corner there is an MBA school. He said that the school offers the previous semester's final exams (you have to pay), and 90% of the questions are repeated, so that sounds like something that matches your criteria. I think you said you don't want to learn anything, but you may end up learning something. If you can find one online, that might be your best bet.

The OP wants exams. I think people have different perspectives on this. There are some people who are bad test takers, so they prefer writing papers. Then, there are others who are good test takers and hate spending a lot of time writing papers. I strongly prefer exams. All I have to do is read and/or watch videos and take the test. 

Heriot-Watt University's online programs are assessed by exam. The Edinburgh School of Business is a reputable business school in Scotland. With the current exchange rate, an MBA without a specialization will be $13,426.

https://www.hw.ac.uk/ebs/study/online.htm
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P