Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MSI Update - No longer IASSC...
Update: Found my old post here: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid202760

I received an email from MSI that they've got a 39% off ANY single certification and went to check out their site for any "goodies"... I just found out that they may have let their Certifications Lapse or Withdrew from their IASSC accreditation for some if not all of their programs.  I also noticed that they've "created" their own "standard" (this reminds me so much of IACBE accreditation, not many people even look at it if at all...).

Previously, like 3.5 years ago, I purchased a Groupon from them at $89 for 3 Business certs, the Groupon is still available and at a discount of $77 today.  If they kept their IASSC - it's not ASQ the gold standard but still a recognized accreditation, I would recommend them as it would like having ACBSP vs AACSB. 

Anyways, they did provide a good ROI for me as I learned enough, I did the Six Sigma Green Belt, Lean Project Management and also Executive Management.  I learned a bit of info...I would not pay the $599 regular price they're asking but with the Groupon, the $89 was well worth it.

Note: Even though they say this is a special coupon, I searched, it's a generic code!  See email below, if you want a cheapo single certification from them.  They still have the very basic intro cert/course - Project Management Essentials for FREE!

---

I wanted to reach out to you directly since MSI isn't sending out its usual email newsletter this month.  Instead, we're offering a private sale to select members such as yourself.  For the next 5 days only, this coupon code will give you 39% off ANY single-certification purchase.

Special coupon code:  69557HYBFCN2454

We'd like to ask that you do NOT share this code with others, as this is a private sale.  We will be sending our usual email newsletter in November with a sale that you can share with others.

To use the coupon, just register for any of our certifications and apply the coupon during checkout.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
What is MSI? I am planning on earning my Six Sigma - several belts - next year. I've started looking at places that offer it. It can be quite spendy! Lean Project Management is right up my alley as well.
MSI is the Management and Strategy Institute, the last Groupon link is still active after all these years, the other combos above that last link may have been discontinued though. Again, I would not recommend paying directly from them as they charge $599 on their website, but through Groupon, it's on for $89... oh wait, their special pricing is still valid today for $77.

[-] The following 2 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • nomaduser, ss20ts
If they're not accredited any longer, is it even worth pursuing? There are other cheaper options for six sigma certificates that are IASSC, like this one: https://stacksocial.com/sales/the-comple...n-bundle-2

https://iassc.org/provider/greycampus-edutech/
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • ss20ts
rachel83az Wrote:If they're not accredited any longer, is it even worth pursuing? There are other cheaper options for six sigma certificates that are IASSC, like this one: https://stacksocial.com/sales/the-comple...n-bundle-2

https://iassc.org/provider/greycampus-edutech/

That is awesome, you just found the Six Sigma Black Belt I was looking for! Haha, I was going for the Black Belt from MSI but decided $119 just for that 1 cert was not as valuable as the $89 for 3 certs. I was going to go for it later, but since they're no longer IASSC, doing the one you mentioned would be less than HALF the price at $59! I'm going to look into it further and grab it when I have the time! Thanks...

[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • rachel83az
How worthwhile is Six Sigma anyway, career-wise? I've seen some people saying not to bother unless it's in-person and others saying it's worth it either way (as long as it's accredited). It is pretty cheap for certification if it's even halfway worth it.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Vle045
(10-14-2020, 06:20 PM)rachel83az Wrote: How worthwhile is Six Sigma anyway, career-wise? I've seen some people saying not to bother unless it's in-person and others saying it's worth it either way (as long as it's accredited). It is pretty cheap for certification if it's even halfway worth it.

Seems to totally depend where you work. My husband works in healthcare IT and everyone in his division is required to complete at leas the green belt.
https://stacksocial.com/sales/the-offici...ion-bundle

GreyCampus Six Sigma bundle back on StackSocial. It's currently $25 with code LEARNIT.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Isn't this just basically prep, though? You still have to pay for the actual exams, and they're not cheap.
The description at Stacksocial says the exam is included.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MyWay Transfer Update: Non-degree awarding course provider bjcheung77 10 1,747 11-15-2023, 12:30 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  Arts Institute is no longer... And they all bite the dust... bjcheung77 1 360 10-02-2023, 08:44 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  No longer a distinction between national and regional accreditors inf 9 1,300 09-26-2022, 09:28 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  GetEducated.com Major Update (business degrees) freeloader 1 723 04-06-2022, 02:36 PM
Last Post: Vle045
Information AMU/APU no longer offers Momentum CBE/Self-Paced programs jsd 4 1,218 08-10-2021, 12:56 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Credit sources update rachel83az 12 3,843 02-11-2021, 03:32 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  COSC no longer accepts FEMA IS NoStudentNoCry 4 1,237 06-23-2020, 01:54 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Advice? Update? Jwheels27 13 2,453 02-11-2019, 10:40 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Onlinedegree.com x TESU update turborelaxation 8 2,056 11-30-2018, 06:39 PM
Last Post: Merlin
  Wiki page to update Ideas 0 1,186 03-31-2018, 08:48 AM
Last Post: Ideas