Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MSML WGU Help needed.
Hello everyone. I am about to finish my Bachelor's in liberal studies with a Management minor at UMPI, and I am now shifting my attention to the MSML that WGU is offering. As far as I know, it consists of 10 classes, if I am not mistaken. I wondered if I could take courses outside of their school, like study.com or similar credit by examination courses, and then transfer them. Any  Current or former students here that want to help me?
UMPI, Bachelor of Liberal Studies - Managment Minor, 2021
Magna Cum Laude (3.8 GPA)
No, you cannot transfer any classes into the grad programs at WGU. ACE credits for grad programs is extremely limited anyway. You are required to take all 11 courses in the MSML at WGU.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • Federicojavier
(10-08-2021, 04:35 PM)ss20ts Wrote: No, you cannot transfer any classes into the grad programs at WGU. ACE credits for grad programs is extremely limited anyway. You are required to take all 11 courses in the MSML at WGU.

Thank you Angry
Did you post this on Facebook today? I swear I read like the same question on there this afternoon and the thread had the same answer.
(10-08-2021, 05:08 PM)ss20ts Wrote: Did you post this on Facebook today? I swear I read like the same question on there this afternoon and the thread had the same answer.

Yes I did. I cant find the posting now. Dodgy
Have you thought about the MAOL at U of Mass Global? I think they're just a tad more affordable at $3500/6 month term vs WGU at a bit over $4K. The main drawback is I think it's just RA, no additional program/system accreditation, whereas WGU is ACBSP. I would pay the extra bit for WGU if it matters, but if it doesn't matter, U Mass may look/sound better overall on paper at least...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
For the WGU master's IT management (MSITM) you can transfer in the CAPM certification which would take the place of project management leaving 9 courses to do.

If there are any other master's degrees that lead to doing a certification exam you could check and see if you could transfer in that certification.

We have a couple of DF'ers attempting to complete the MSITM in one term.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(10-08-2021, 06:02 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Have you thought about the MAOL at U of Mass Global?  I think they're just a tad more affordable at $3500/6 month term vs WGU at a bit over $4K.  The main drawback is I think it's just RA, no additional program/system accreditation, whereas WGU is ACBSP.  I would pay the extra bit for WGU if it matters, but if it doesn't matter, U Mass may look/sound better overall on paper at least...
I was not aware of that school. I will take a look at them. Thanks

(10-08-2021, 06:38 PM)LevelUP Wrote: For the WGU master's IT management (MSITM) you can transfer in the CAPM certification which would take the place of project management leaving 9 courses to do.

If there are any other master's degrees that lead to doing a certification exam you could check and see if you could transfer in that certification.

We have a couple of DF'ers attempting to complete the MSITM in one term.
Too bad I am not an IT guy.
(10-08-2021, 06:02 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Have you thought about the MAOL at U of Mass Global?  I think they're just a tad more affordable at $3500/6 month term vs WGU at a bit over $4K.  The main drawback is I think it's just RA, no additional program/system accreditation, whereas WGU is ACBSP.  I would pay the extra bit for WGU if it matters, but if it doesn't matter, U Mass may look/sound better overall on paper at least...

The UMass Global MAOL is the EXACT same degree that ashkir is doing. I wouldn't touch that with a 10 foot pole! Many people can complete WGU's MSML in 1 or 2 terms. Brandman told me that I needed to plan for a minimum of 1 year and it couldn't be completed in under a year. After seeing what ashkir has done, I know there's no way to complete it in a year. ashkir also had 3 classed transferred up to the MAOL from his bachelor's degree so he had fewer classes. The classes are pure hell.
[-] The following 4 users Like ss20ts's post:
  • ashkir, Federicojavier, jch, rbrtpgdmn@gmail.com
(10-08-2021, 07:03 PM)ss20ts Wrote:

The UMass Global MAOL is the EXACT same degree that ashkir is doing. I wouldn't touch that with a 10 foot pole! Many people can complete WGU's MSML in 1 or 2 terms. Brandman told me that I needed to plan for a minimum of 1 year and it couldn't be completed in under a year. After seeing what ashkir has done, I know there's no way to complete it in a year. ashkir also had 3 classed transferred up to the MAOL from his bachelor's degree so he had fewer classes. The classes are pure hell.

Hmmmm. You got a point there.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How math heavy are the MSML & MBA? IceSparkle 5 1,015 10-29-2022, 12:33 PM
Last Post: ifomonay
  MSML carebear_007 6 1,291 05-14-2022, 11:15 AM
Last Post: carebear_007
  Attn: WGU active and alumni - guidance needed allvia 1 1,349 07-11-2019, 03:48 PM
Last Post: Merlin
  WGU - MSML ftsfour1 6 2,228 11-15-2017, 05:50 AM
Last Post: ftsfour1