Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MSML
I decided to take the leap and apply at WGU. I was really looking forward to starting in June but was told that I won't be able to start until July because admissions is backed up. I think I've read somewhere on here that once they tell you your potential start date, there's no changing their minds. So....I guess I'm just ranting.

WGU former and current students, what have I got to look forward to and what should I prepare for? So far, I've been reading a lot of good things about WGU and all the side benefits that come along with the school. I'm excited and scared. It's kind of like when you finally get the nerve to ride the roller coaster but they close the gates on you because there isn't anymore room so you have to just sit there and wait nervously. lol
[-] The following 2 users Like carebear_007's post:
  • Jonathan Whatley, Vle045
Congratulations! Take this time to relax, have fun, read, or learn something new while you wait!
I am starting my program (not at WGU) in July too. While I wait, I am doing some other free courses on Coursera and the ASU certificate. They also sent me the first book I will be reading, so I started on that too.

I love “side benefits”. What are some of the benefits that you are looking forward to?
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
(05-12-2022, 03:20 PM)Vle045 Wrote: Congratulations!   Take this time to relax, have fun, read, or learn something new while you wait!  
I am starting my program (not at WGU) in July too.  While I wait, I am doing some other free courses on Coursera and the ASU certificate.  They also sent me the first book I will be reading, so I started on that too.  

I love “side benefits”.  What are some of the benefits that you are looking forward to?
Thank you! Smile and congratulations to you too!

I was looking forward to accomplishing my first course and having that sense of feeling like I’m on my way. I’m still a little disappointed by that because I based my applying now on an irrational decision of starting sooner. But I’m trying to get rid of my tunnel vision and will start looking at having access to the other services. I know there’s tons and I’m not quite sure yet which ones I should utilize.
Congrats! WGU MSML is a great program option, especially since it has the ACBSP programmatic/secondary accreditation. I think you can try and complete it in a term of 6 months. It'll be a bit easier than trying to complete the UMPI MAOL in four sessions (2 terms) for about the same price point...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(05-13-2022, 11:26 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Congrats! WGU MSML is a great program option, especially since it has the ACBSP programmatic/secondary accreditation.  I think you can try and complete it in a term of 6 months.  It'll be a bit easier than trying to complete the UMPI MAOL in four sessions (2 terms) for about the same price point...

Thanks bjcheung!

My concentration at UMPI was Management & Leadership so I was hoping to accelerate through this since it's also in Management & Leadership. I just can't help but think I might be missing out and maybe should venture on a different path. When my enrollment counselor asked me what my goal was after I complete the program, I was at a loss for words. I really don't know and I feel like my choice is only based on the fact that it might be faster for me to complete. I'm having a total FOMO moment.

After sifting through their programs, I might be interested in the Learning Experience Design and Educational Technology Master's just because the whole journey of competency based learning virtually has been really interesting. On another hand, I minored in MIS and I see that they have a Master's Degree in IT Management and I'd love to break into that field. However, I don't have any professional experience working in IT and it might be difficult for me to find a job but more importantly, I'm afraid that I might struggle with the program. And if I do switch programs, will it affect any of the scholarships that I applied for? I haven't been awarded any but just in case. I guess starting in July has kind of worked out.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very grateful that I'm even in this position to be contemplating this. Just a year ago I never would have imagined even typing this. Smile

I think no matter what, I'm going to keep moving forward. If nothing else pans out, I'll stick with MSML.
If you want to explore IT without cost while you wait for July to roll around, you can try out one of the free certificates through the American Dream Academy. Depending on your level of knowledge, you could try IT Support, or Cybersecurity or a few others. Worst case scenario, you learn some useful skills.

https://theamericandreamacademy.org/?utm...OHEALw_wcB
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vle045's post:
  • carebear_007
(05-14-2022, 06:38 AM)Vle045 Wrote: If you want to explore IT without cost while you wait for July to roll around, you can try out one of the free certificates through the American Dream Academy.  Depending on your level of knowledge, you could try IT Support, or Cybersecurity or a few others.  Worst case scenario, you learn some useful skills.

https://theamericandreamacademy.org/?utm...OHEALw_wcB

Thank you so much for this information! Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How math heavy are the MSML & MBA? IceSparkle 5 984 10-29-2022, 12:33 PM
Last Post: ifomonay
  MSML WGU Help needed. Federicojavier 27 4,017 12-28-2021, 04:26 PM
Last Post: collegechick
  WGU - MSML ftsfour1 6 2,202 11-15-2017, 05:50 AM
Last Post: ftsfour1