Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MSW - cheap and quick - I'm only asking for two out of three
I'm looking for a friend.  She needs a quick and cheap MSW.  She already has a MBA, but needs a MSW to accomplish a career goal.

I did search and look through the forum, but didn't see anything.

Thanks everyone! Big Grin
Denise

MS - Management and Leadership, WGU 2022
BS - Liberal Arts - Depths in Healthcare and Psychology, Excelsior College 2014
Certificate - Workers Comp Admin, UC Davis Extension, 1995
AA - Licensed Vocational Nursing and Selected Studies, Mesa College 1989
Certificate - Licensed Vocational Nursing (LVN), Mesa College 1977

Also, someday maybe a MS in Forensic Psychology, just for fun.   Oh, and a BS in Animal Behavior.  And, maybe when I'm 85 a PhD in something fun.

There really isn't one without an undergraduate degree in social work. It is a state licensing issue. The undergrad degree would then allow her to do a fast track MSW.

Michigan had a certificate with EdX but you have to enroll at Michigan and take some courses on campus to get graduate credit for the certificate and then the degree. I took the certificate during the spring because it was really discounted and I was bored. It was excellent info, but isn't for credit without admittance to Michigan.
Completed Degrees:
BA Education, Towson University 
BA Christian Leadership, Christian Leaders Institute 2023

ADDITIONAL GRAD CREDIT:
SCSU (9 Cr)
NationsU (6 Cr)
Walden MBA (3 Cr)

CERTIFICATES:
Certificate in Post-Crisis Hospitality Management - University of South Florida, Muma College of Business 2020
[-] The following 2 users Like Whitepines's post:
  • GoodYellowDogs, LongRoad
(01-10-2021, 04:39 PM)Whitepines Wrote: There really isn't one without an undergraduate degree in social work. It is a state licensing issue. The undergrad degree would then allow her to do a fast track MSW.

Michigan had a certificate with EdX but you have to enroll at Michigan and take some courses on campus to get graduate credit for the certificate and then the degree. I took the certificate during the spring because it was really discounted and I was bored. It was excellent info, but isn't for credit without admittance to Michigan.

It depends on the state licensing if a bachelor's degree in social work is required. Every state does not require an undergrad degree in social work to get the MSW or become licensed. Knowing which state the OP is looking for would help. There may be a program available. 

Walden has an online MSW which does not require a bachelor's degree in social work for admissions. It does require a bachelor's degree. Since her friend has an MBA, I don't think that will be a problem.

https://www.waldenu.edu/online-masters-programs/master-of-social-work
(01-10-2021, 05:36 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(01-10-2021, 04:39 PM)Whitepines Wrote: There really isn't one without an undergraduate degree in social work. It is a state licensing issue. The undergrad degree would then allow her to do a fast track MSW.

It depends on the state licensing if a bachelor's degree in social work is required. Every state does not require an undergrad degree in social work to get the MSW or become licensed. Knowing which state the OP is looking for would help. There may be a program available. 

Walden has an online MSW which does not require a bachelor's degree in social work for admissions. It does require a bachelor's degree. Since her friend has an MBA, I don't think that will be a problem.

https://www.waldenu.edu/online-masters-programs/master-of-social-work

Probably California at the moment.  Later it might be the surrounding states.
Denise

MS - Management and Leadership, WGU 2022
BS - Liberal Arts - Depths in Healthcare and Psychology, Excelsior College 2014
Certificate - Workers Comp Admin, UC Davis Extension, 1995
AA - Licensed Vocational Nursing and Selected Studies, Mesa College 1989
Certificate - Licensed Vocational Nursing (LVN), Mesa College 1977

Also, someday maybe a MS in Forensic Psychology, just for fun.   Oh, and a BS in Animal Behavior.  And, maybe when I'm 85 a PhD in something fun.

(01-10-2021, 01:57 AM)GoodYellowDogs Wrote: I'm looking for a friend.  She needs a quick and cheap MSW.  She already has a MBA, but needs a MSW to accomplish a career goal.

I did search and look through the forum, but didn't see anything.

Thanks everyone! Big Grin

In order for an MSW program to be worth anything it must be accredited by the CSWE.  Here's their list of online programs.  Sorry if they're not "cheap," but this is the entire list

Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) - Accreditation Directory
Good place to start, if you haven’t seen it already: https://www.geteducated.com/online-colle...cial-work/

For what it’s worth, Walden may be faster than some programs, but it is 50-100% more expensive than a number of programs from RA, B&M universities.
Master of Accountancy (taxation concentration), University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, in progress. 
Master of Business Administration (financial planning specialization), University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, in progress.

BA, UMPI.  Accounting major; Business Administration major/Management & Leadership concentration.  Awarded Dec. 2021.

In-person/B&M: BA (history, archaeology)
In-person/B&M: MA (American history)

Sophia: 15 courses (42hrs)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cheap Online Software Engineering Masters? yellow_gambit 4 261 03-17-2024, 11:58 PM
Last Post: nyvrem
  List of Cheap Online MBA Programs That Can Be Completed in Under 1 Year LevelUP 23 14,239 03-03-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  SMC University Very Cheap! armstrongsubero 19 9,090 10-10-2023, 09:54 AM
Last Post: Stanislav
Exclamation Reading through this board for cheap grad schools but don't see MITx or Coursera??? Randyb100 30 4,643 12-06-2022, 06:27 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Cheap VESi CEU (Continuing Education) Graduate Credit for $62 per Credit from UMPI ashkir 8 1,842 04-23-2022, 01:32 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
Information Master's in Computer Science cheap pre-req courses MNomadic 5 1,547 01-15-2022, 08:50 PM
Last Post: mcjon77
  Cheap/Fast MBA program Unistic 23 4,291 07-11-2021, 09:11 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  Cheap Organizational Leadership Grad Courses ashkir 6 1,667 05-14-2021, 08:04 AM
Last Post: Vle045
  Don't need cheap, don't need fast - I need what fits how I learn suzycupcake 14 3,106 09-22-2020, 11:33 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  IICSE University - cheap,convenient,not accredited. Any experience? xicovu 7 7,876 09-12-2020, 11:23 AM
Last Post: eLearner