Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
March 11 Start Date
Hey there everyone, long time lurker and first-time poster here. 

I'm enrolled and ready to go for the next term. I'm hoping to finish up 30 credits in 8 weeks. I finished 73 Sophia credits in 1 month so I don't think it's too much of a stretch for me.

I have to graduate with an excellent GPA - which brings me to my point. Are there any other students (especially Hist/PoliSci majors, or anyone who will be pursuing a JD after undergrad) starting on 3/11 who are trying to work through classes in one session? I'd like to start a mini study group, pass notes back and forth, have an accountability system, or whatever would be helpful. Basically just don't want to feel alone through all of this.

Please feel free to reply to this thread or message me privately if you're interested!!
[-] The following 2 users Like ari_b93's post:
  • iwillbedrwho, Pikachu
When your term starts, you could start a thread and post daily about your experience at UMPI.  We haven't had anyone do this since Ashkir back in 2001.

Your program would be different than Ashkir's, and much has changed since then.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • ari_b93
join the sophia-umpi advice facebook group and discord, alot of support there
some UMPI class can be tough due to the various Prof expectation
but it can be done......................... with lot preparation
[-] The following 2 users Like ivanswk78's post:
  • ari_b93, Pikachu
(02-24-2024, 10:22 PM)LevelUP Wrote: When your term starts, you could start a thread and post daily about your experience at UMPI.  We haven't had anyone do this since Ashkir back in 2001.

Your program would be different than Ashkir's, and much has changed since then.

That's a great idea. I wonder if I'll be able to keep up with it, but I'll certainly try!
I'd do both of the recommendations, but remain focused on getting the assignments or assessments for the classes and getting a good GPA out of those classes. Make sure to review any recommendations on updating the drafts by your professor, other tips that are in the previous threads, etc. I would post an update once in a while if there are any downtime...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 2 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • ari_b93, Pikachu

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Process for conferral application? Deadline is 31st March! FM1 11 520 04-08-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: FM1
  UMPI Bachelor of liberal studies-management minor - Start to finish in 5 months Federicojavier 61 11,798 12-30-2023, 11:22 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  How to start MAOL? Junco 4 514 11-06-2023, 12:30 PM
Question Questions About YourPace Course Selection, Transcripts, Apply Now Start Later? Tobutz 4 664 10-23-2023, 09:29 AM
Last Post: MichaelDoesMarketing
  Can't start this session, super bummed.. lllunchbox 13 1,047 08-25-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: PrettyFlyforaChiGuy
  Getting ahead before semester start bobbymo 8 1,013 06-21-2023, 09:29 AM
Last Post: LakeMomNY
  Can I change my matriculation date? pie 2 463 04-20-2023, 11:27 PM
  Start to finish lets hear those stories ! Mike Williams 2 494 01-06-2023, 09:31 AM
Last Post: allvia
  When is tuition due relative to the application date Kayg 2 559 09-12-2022, 09:08 PM
Last Post: Jennr2z
  Possible to start May 9th cryscryscryscrys 4 583 04-08-2022, 03:45 PM
Last Post: cryscryscryscrys