Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
March Graduation TESU.
Hi,

I have a question. I'm planning to apply for graduation for the March. On the website it says that the deadline for sending transcripts is 1st of January, is it possible to send later than this or are they strict with this?
Danielp, you have a deadline of applying for March graduation and that's January 1. The transcripts, they would want you to send it to them ASAP. There's no specific date to have them in by, but as a general rule of thumb, you want them in early - the latest I've seen it accepted as a month before graduation/conferral, example, if it was March Grad, conferral date would be say March 15, you need it in by February 15 (and no later). There is no downside to applying for March graduation, if you just can't get everything into them on time, they'll move you to June graduation.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Danielp
(11-29-2018, 07:28 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Danielp, you have a deadline of applying for March graduation and that's January 1.  The transcripts, they would want you to send it to them ASAP.  There's no specific date to have them in by, but as a general rule of thumb, you want them in early - the latest I've seen it accepted as a month before graduation/conferral, example, if it was March Grad, conferral date would be say March 15, you need it in by February 15 (and no later).  There is no downside to applying for March graduation, if you just can't get everything into them on time, they'll move you to June graduation.

Oh, that's awesome news! Thanks!
(11-29-2018, 07:58 PM)Danielp Wrote:
(11-29-2018, 07:28 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Danielp, you have a deadline of applying for March graduation and that's January 1.  The transcripts, they would want you to send it to them ASAP.  There's no specific date to have them in by, but as a general rule of thumb, you want them in early - the latest I've seen it accepted as a month before graduation/conferral, example, if it was March Grad, conferral date would be say March 15, you need it in by February 15 (and no later).  There is no downside to applying for March graduation, if you just can't get everything into them on time, they'll move you to June graduation.

Oh, that's awesome news! Thanks!

Be sure to confirm that with your advisor. When I spoke to them they insisted that everything should be ready to go by Jan 1st. The only guaranteed exception is the November capstone, but they may make exceptions for specific transfer courses on a case by case basis (probably only for courses where they have a transfer agreement in place or a pre-existing equivalency). But the drop-dead date is Feb 1st... after that and you're bumped to the next degree cycle. Also keep in mind that transcripts take at least 1-2 weeks to be reviewed once they receive them and that must happen before the degree audit can happen.

In the end I busted my butt to make sure I got everything I needed done before I started my capstone since I didn't want to have to deal with all that and run the risk of getting bumped to June anyway.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
[-] The following 1 user Likes Merlin's post:
  • Danielp
People have turned in final courses even as late as 3 weeks or so before graduation. If you don't get everything in, the worst that happens is that they roll you over to the next graduation period, so there's no reason not to try if you think you can get everything done.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 1 user Likes davewill's post:
  • Danielp
Okay, thank you for all the replies! It clears it up.
FYI, I just received this email from student services which might clear some things up.

Congratulations on nearing the end of your degree! We are pleased with the progress you have made so far. Your academic record indicates you are currently registered or recently completed BUS-421, which is typically taken at the end of your degree program. Because of that, it may be time for you to apply for graduation. If you have already applied for graduation, please disregard. If you are not yet at the end of your program, please save this email for future reference.

Please review the graduation information provided for you below to determine if you are ready to apply for graduation.

1. Review your academic evaluation through Online Student Services to verify that you are within a few credits of degree completion and that your TESU GPA is above a 2.0. The credits remaining should be in progress with TESU and/or in the process of being transferred into the University from any outside institutions you are attending.

2. Make one final advising appointment with your Academic Advisor by scheduling time through the My Edison Portal.

3. Pass your Capstone, Practicum or equivalent course for your program with a C or better. A C- is not acceptable.

4. Determine if you have met any required credit hour residency for your enrollment. If you are opting to pay the residency waiver fee, contact the Office of Student Financial Accounts at 609-984-4099 to coordinate your payment before applying for graduation.

5. Apply for graduation and pay the graduation fee through Online Student Services. The next deadline to apply for Graduation is January 1, 2019, and the degrees will be conferred in March 2019. All TESU coursework must be complete by February 1, 2019, and all transfer credit must be postmarked by January 15, 2019. It is important to note that your degree will not be listed on your transcript until after the degrees are conferred in March.
(12-04-2018, 02:19 PM)activechamp06 Wrote: FYI, I just received this email from student services which might clear some things up.

Congratulations on nearing the end of your degree! We are pleased with the progress you have made so far. Your academic record indicates you are currently registered or recently completed BUS-421, which is typically taken at the end of your degree program. Because of that, it may be time for you to apply for graduation. If you have already applied for graduation, please disregard. If you are not yet at the end of your program, please save this email for future reference.

Please review the graduation information provided for you below to determine if you are ready to apply for graduation.

1.       Review your academic evaluation through Online Student Services to verify that you are within a few credits of degree completion and that your TESU GPA is above a 2.0. The credits remaining should be in progress with TESU and/or in the process of being transferred into the University from any outside institutions you are attending.

2.       Make one final advising appointment with your Academic Advisor by scheduling time through the My Edison Portal.

3.       Pass your Capstone, Practicum or equivalent course for your program with a C or better.  A C- is not acceptable.

4.       Determine if you have met any required credit hour residency for your enrollment. If you are opting to pay the residency waiver fee, contact the Office of Student Financial Accounts at 609-984-4099 to coordinate your payment before applying for graduation.

5.       Apply for graduation and pay the graduation fee through Online Student Services. The next deadline to apply for Graduation is January 1, 2019, and the degrees will be conferred in March 2019. All TESU coursework must be complete by February 1, 2019, and all transfer credit must be postmarked by January 15, 2019. It is important to note that your degree will not be listed on your transcript until after the degrees are conferred in March.

I got that same email.

I was planning to submit my application next week, but the timing doesn't really matter as long as the application is in my Jan 1st. Earlier may be better considering the winter holidays are approaching and that may delay action on any submissions.

The only rub is that the residency and graduation fees are due at the same time. I'd prefer to pay those in 2019 for tax purposes but I'm not sure if there is any way around that.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:

WGU Ambassador
(12-04-2018, 07:13 PM)Merlin Wrote: ...
The only rub is that the residency and graduation fees are due at the same time. I'd prefer to pay those in 2019 for tax purposes but I'm not sure if there is any way around that.

The deadline is 1/1/2019, so I don't see why you can't submit your application in 2019, and therefore have all your fees also in 2019.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
(12-04-2018, 08:51 PM)davewill Wrote:
(12-04-2018, 07:13 PM)Merlin Wrote: ...

The deadline is 1/1/2019, so I don't see why you can't submit your application in 2019, and therefore have all your fees also in 2019.

I suppose that is true. I was thinking it had to be submitted BEFORE that date. But that feels like I'd be cutting things too close to the wire... if anything goes wrong I'd miss my window. I am hoping I can apply in December but ask to defer payment until January.

Complete:

WGU Ambassador

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Final Stretch Degree Plan Help TESU BSBA Sargoththemino 0 4 8 minutes ago
Last Post: Sargoththemino
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 13 737 Today, 09:06 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  TESU Credit Transfer Evaluation colonelcamp 7 207 Yesterday, 10:16 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 20 2,606 04-23-2024, 02:44 PM
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 633 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 565 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 286 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,333 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 255 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 420 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM