Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marketing communications TECEP
I'll be taking this TECEP soon, and it looks like the recommended texts are different from what I've read on here that people are using.

TESU is listing 5, and none of them are PROMO or Barron's.

These are the first 3 listed on the study guide:

Marketing Communications by John Egan

Marketing Communications by Lynne Eagle et al

Advertising Promotion and other aspects of integrated marketing communication.

Anyone take this TECEP recently? Will the Promo and Barron's suffice?
WGU MSML complete 3/2018
TESU 2016 BSBA graduate
They change the TECEP's fairly regularly, and when they do, they change the books as well. So Promo was probably the book recommended for the last version of the test.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Has anyone taken the new exam that might have some feedback? I'm starting to prepare for it this weekend but am pretty nervous about the essay questions like the OP was.

I ended up getting the Advertising, Promotion, and other Aspects of Integrated Marketing Communications textbook since it applied to another TECEP I'm taking soon as well. Hopefully it's adequate.

Thanks!
Cbosdell are you taking the TECEP for Advertising as well? I am scheduled for June 29 for Advertising.
I am thinking of doing Market Communications and Sales Management TECEPS as well, deciding when.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
bjcheung77 Wrote:Cbosdell are you taking the TECEP for Advertising as well? I am scheduled for June 29 for Advertising.
I am thinking of doing Market Communications and Sales Management TECEPS as well, deciding when.

I am! I'm doing all three of those TECEPs actually. Trying to meet the residency requirement before the May term is over. I'm thinking I'll read the textbook and study then take this one and Advertising since they use the same material. The Sales Management uses a pretty small textbook so I'll do that next and hopefully there will be a fair amount of overlap between all three?
cbosdell Wrote:I am! I'm doing all three of those TECEPs actually. Trying to meet the residency requirement before the May term is over. I'm thinking I'll read the textbook and study then take this one and Advertising since they use the same material. The Sales Management uses a pretty small textbook so I'll do that next and hopefully there will be a fair amount of overlap between all three?

LOL, that's exactly what I was thinking of doing too... to finish TECEP for Advertising, then get the Marketing Communications done with the same text and free OER materials as per their OER webpage. Mainly going to skim through the free stuff and focus on the text, obviously most material should come from the text and some overlapping info would be the free resources.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I am planning on taking the Marketing Communications, Managerial Communications, and Sales Management TECEP exams before the end of the May term. If you have any feedback it would be wonderful! I will also post feedback once I have taken the exams.
BSBA and ASBA in Marketing through TESU Sept '16. 0 credits to go!:hurray: God bless!
Tested out of:
CLEP: Principles of Marketing, Principles of Microeconomics, Principles of Macroeconomics, College Composition, College Mathematics, College Algebra, Analyze and Interpreting Literature, Human Resource Management, and Introductory Sociology.
DSST: Principles of Statistics, Principles of Finance, Introduction to Computing, Introduction to Business, Principles of Supervision, Introduction to World Religions, and Ethics in America.
Penn Foster: Supply Chain Management (92%), Marketing Research (96%), Business Law (89%), and Strategic Business Management (92%)
Other: 35 credits completed at a community college
Registered for these TECEPs: April term- Technical Writing (90%) and Public Relations Thought and Practice (67%)
May term: Managerial Communications (72%), Business in Society (65%), Sales Management (74%), and Marketing Communications (77%)
June term: Operations Management
I took the updated version of the Marketing Communications exam (with 40MC/6 essay questions) a couple weeks ago and passed. I chose "Advertising, Promotion, and Other Aspects of Integrated Marketing Communications" 8th Edition by Shrimp out of the recommended texts because it was also good for the Advertising TECEP. I spent about fifteen hours studying between the two. Admittedly I was speed reading a lot of the text in the last half of the book. I felt pretty confident on the multiple choice questions but several of the essay questions seemed to come out of nowhere. Some of the topics covered include types of marketing, web marketing and websites, traditional and non-traditional sales methods, and types of marketing.

As far as the Advertising TECEP goes it was much more difficult than I excepted after the Marketing Communications exam and being all multiple choice but I passed. It pretty much follows the test description and material in the textbook to the letter from what I recall.

For Sales Management: I took the new version of this exam last week (40 MC/6 essay questions) and just found out I passed today. I read the recommended text "Sell" by Ingram and studied for about twelve hours. I felt like I had a good grasp of the material but honestly the test was a lot harder than I expected. I really didn't think I passed after submitting the exam. I think part of that was due to my not reading the free online text in the test description (mistakenly thinking it was all overlap) so I would suggest anyone looking to take it at least briefly review both.

I agree there was a lot on styles of management, sales force compensation, and general marketing. I remember there being some focus on marketing channels and personal selling also. I'd recommend taking Advertising and Marketing Communications before this one if you're planning on all three as it will help give you a better foundation for any random questions that may pop up.
I took the Managerial communications and Marketing Communications TECEP and passed both within two weeks. I studied for about 5 hours for each exam. I used the Marketing Communications. Current edition.
Lynne Eagle, Stephan Dahl, Barbara Czarnecka, and Jenny Lloyd. NY: Routledge, Taylor & Francis etextbook that I rented off of amazon.com for $18.60. I read through the majority of the sections and decided to take the exam. I used the Managerial Communication: Strategies and Applications (current edition) Geraldine E. Hynes. New York: McGraw-Hill/Irwin textbook for Managerial communications. For the essay portion, it is more of a situation that you have to analyze and come up with a solution. I used an essay format and it seemed to work alright for me. They may be looking for more of a report, but I couldn't find the format for a file report so I decided to just go with an essay format. I focused on the sections where the highest percent of the questions are from based on the test description. I am taking Sales Management tomorrow and will leave feedback on here for that as well as Operations Management after I take it next week.
BSBA and ASBA in Marketing through TESU Sept '16. 0 credits to go!:hurray: God bless!
Tested out of:
CLEP: Principles of Marketing, Principles of Microeconomics, Principles of Macroeconomics, College Composition, College Mathematics, College Algebra, Analyze and Interpreting Literature, Human Resource Management, and Introductory Sociology.
DSST: Principles of Statistics, Principles of Finance, Introduction to Computing, Introduction to Business, Principles of Supervision, Introduction to World Religions, and Ethics in America.
Penn Foster: Supply Chain Management (92%), Marketing Research (96%), Business Law (89%), and Strategic Business Management (92%)
Other: 35 credits completed at a community college
Registered for these TECEPs: April term- Technical Writing (90%) and Public Relations Thought and Practice (67%)
May term: Managerial Communications (72%), Business in Society (65%), Sales Management (74%), and Marketing Communications (77%)
June term: Operations Management

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  booking tecep exams shendaddy 4 1,806 08-16-2018, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Kelly Green
  TECEP - do I have to wait until the start of a Term to take the exam? Kelly Green 4 2,041 08-16-2018, 09:04 AM
  TESU - apply as non-matriculating student, or TECEP only? Kelly Green 0 1,199 08-13-2018, 05:11 PM
  TECEP - Learning in the Digital Age - where does it fit? dfrecore 5 1,855 08-10-2018, 01:02 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Environmental Ethics ETH-210-TE Tecep jawbreakingrr 57 17,903 07-25-2018, 12:31 PM
Last Post: ashtonnewman
  Suggested TECEP's? High Pass Rate? omuneek 2 1,751 06-26-2018, 05:30 PM
Last Post: Ideas
  TESU - BSBA in Marketing - Plan Review chattenoire 2 1,267 06-22-2018, 01:59 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Failed Advertising TECEP nerd 12 3,276 06-18-2018, 04:01 PM
Last Post: nerd
  Error after submitting TECEP test nerd 4 1,937 06-16-2018, 01:13 PM
Last Post: Cheeseburrito
  Public Relations Thought and Practice and Managerial Communications TECEPs gentleman4561 5 1,464 06-13-2018, 01:03 AM
Last Post: dfrecore