Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Masters after UMPI?
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a good masters program. Here is where I am at. I am currently leaning towards WGU for their Masters of Business Administration Management degree. It seems it can be done quickly and relatively cheaply. I am a bit nervous about the WGU name. I do understand it is a totally legit college but I am also checking to see if there is something better out there. I have a preference for a business masters but I am also open to any other ideas based off my transcript.

Things I want: (I realize you can't often get it all)

Quicker completion time
Relatively straightforward coursework
Low cost tuition

My UMPI GPA should be at about 3.8/3.9 upon graduation.

.pdf   UMPI REDACTED.pdf (Size: 24.18 KB / Downloads: 46)

I'll take any thoughts, comments, concerns!
Pierpont BOG AAS - 2021
UMPI Bachelor Of Liberal Studies - Management Minor, History Minor
UMPI Alumni - 2021 Magna Cum Laude
You could complete the UMPI MAOL which is a business masters. I do think WGU would be faster and cheaper though for the MSML or MBA.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • cpoteraske
(09-18-2021, 09:56 PM)ss20ts Wrote: You could complete the UMPI MAOL which is a business masters. I do think WGU would be faster and cheaper though for the MSML or  MBA.

I would absolutely love to do the UMPI MAOL, but it looks like an actual nightmare after reading what Ashkir is going through. I understand its a higher level of education but after doing undergrad at UMPI, I am very much done with writing papers as much as I have been. WGU seems to be my best option ATM.
Pierpont BOG AAS - 2021
(09-19-2021, 03:04 AM)cpoteraske Wrote:
(09-18-2021, 09:56 PM)ss20ts Wrote: You could complete the UMPI MAOL which is a business masters. I do think WGU would be faster and cheaper though for the MSML or  MBA.

I would absolutely love to do the UMPI MAOL, but it looks like an actual nightmare after reading what Ashkir is going through. I understand its a higher level of education but after doing undergrad at UMPI, I am very much done with writing papers as much as I have been. WGU seems to be my best option ATM.

Hello cpoteraske!

What about Eastern University's MBA?  https://www.eastern.edu/academics/gradua...management

10 months
$9,900
ACBSP Accredited

OldManOfTheSea
[-] The following 3 users Like OldManOfTheSea's post:
  • cpoteraske, Infinite-Telephone52, Vle045
WGU is fine, I would recommend them for the MSML and/or the MBA as well. If you're looking for an alternative to the MAOL, Brandman (now UMass Global) would be an option to UMPI's MAOL as it's a "sister" degree, cost should be $3500/6 months, so you'll have a slightly cheaper degree than WGU. Other than that, either choice would do, they're endorsed in several states (WGU has a few, like 8 of them, UMass is CA, OR, WA).
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • cpoteraske

I blazed through most of  UMPI's higher level classes. I'm in active discussions with their professors, directors, curriculum designers, the President of the University, and the Chancellor of University of Maine. They're all very curious of my pace and design of the courses and they're taking feedback very seriously. They already promised to revamp some of the more nightmares I went through already.
[-] The following 6 users Like ashkir's post:
  • Claudia P, cpoteraske, Federicojavier, Novo, rachel83az, ss20ts
(09-19-2021, 02:16 PM)ashkir Wrote:

I blazed through most of  UMPI's higher level classes. I'm in active discussions with their professors, directors, curriculum designers, the President of the University, and the Chancellor of University of Maine. They're all very curious of my pace and design of the courses and they're taking feedback very seriously. They already promised to revamp some of the more nightmares I went through already.

That is great to hear. I will be watching closely to see how it develops!
Pierpont BOG AAS - 2021
(09-20-2021, 03:10 AM)cpoteraske Wrote:
(09-19-2021, 02:16 PM)ashkir Wrote:

That is great to hear. I will be watching closely to see how it develops!
I'll keep everyone updated with how it goes. After I finish the last classes and terms, I plan on compiling all of my notes, and sitting with a few people from UMPI and going over, at least, how, I feel about it from a student perspective and how to improve it. One of the big things is I think they need to take a page out of WGU / Brandman / UMass book and bill by semester versus terms for these classes, as they're about 5 undergrads combined into 1.
[-] The following 4 users Like ashkir's post:
  • Claudia P, jch, Novo, ss20ts
Are they going anywhere with Computer science degree in near future? Its such loss for everyone
(09-20-2021, 04:08 AM)Cofffeee Wrote: Are they going anywhere with Computer science degree in near future? Its such loss for everyone
They want to do it. If you're interested make sure you email UMPI and tell them you want an online Computer Science degree. They're only adding things they know they will get enrollments on. Computer Science is a scary expansion for them as it requires a lot more investment than business degrees.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ENEB to UK top up masters possible? Atoshi 1 155 04-23-2024, 11:21 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Kairos University Masters in Counseling Wnt2BLPC 9 765 04-18-2024, 11:46 AM
Last Post: MichiganMax
  best MBA/Masters in Finance programs after UMPI? CFPhopeful 7 507 04-07-2024, 08:51 PM
Last Post: Mjake260
  New Purdue (Main) online masters in AI smartdegree 7 705 03-20-2024, 04:08 PM
  Cheapest/Easiest Master's? Hellenic, WGU, UMPi? mohelena02 19 1,848 03-18-2024, 11:13 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  Cheap Online Software Engineering Masters? yellow_gambit 4 400 03-17-2024, 11:58 PM
Last Post: nyvrem
  A very big thank you to this group. I have completed my Masters in IT from PUG NewatTESU 31 4,354 03-14-2024, 11:07 PM
Last Post: walruspanda
  Comp Sci (or related) Masters? Options? techmama 17 3,144 03-02-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: KMcLean
  MAOL Advice - UMPI/Brandman ashkir 13 2,392 02-26-2024, 07:11 AM
Last Post: KSoul
  ENEB MASTERS Accreditation, Questions Sara143 10 1,871 02-20-2024, 02:33 PM