Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Math requirement TESU BSBA in Accounting
Hi everyone ... could I get everyone's thoughts on the simplest way of meeting the MATH requirement at TESU for the BSBA in Accounting? I think I've got two of the courses covered with CLEP and Sophia, but there is one last one BUS-210 that I can't find anything obvious to substitute with. I completed HS math fairly easily and generally don't struggle with this topic. I did fail Calculus AP this year though, but that was my own fault since I was in a disillusioned place and had abandoned plans for college (before I found this forum).

A. Intellectual and Practical Skills
MAT-121 College Algebra ----------------> College Algebra (CLEP)

II. Professional Business Requirements
STA-201 Principles of Statistics ----------------> Statistics 101 (Sophia)
BUS-210 Quantitative Skills for Business   ----------------> ????????????????
BUS-210 is CSM Learn. Super easy if you're able to tackle Calculus. It'll probably take 8-10 hours to complete the course. Sign up for the newsletter for a discount.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • thecontrarian
Thanks, Rachel, I'm just looking thru this site. It's really interesting stuff. I've been cranking thru the CLEPS from modern states and alway's feel grateful at these people who are helping me get free (or almost free) college credit.

And now you've just helped me find another one!!!!
Yup, this was discussed yesterday, not a major change. My January 2021 BSBA GM plan actually has the CSM Learn course as one of the "free elective" courses, so if anyone following that plan, no changes at all. Here's yesterday's post: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...statistics
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • thecontrarian
(08-27-2021, 09:24 AM)rachel83az Wrote: BUS-210 is CSM Learn. Super easy if you're able to tackle Calculus. It'll probably take 8-10 hours to complete the course. Sign up for the newsletter for a discount.

I second this. I'm a total math phobe and CSM Learn was almost a joy.
(08-27-2021, 09:24 AM)rachel83az Wrote: BUS-210 is CSM Learn. Super easy if you're able to tackle Calculus. It'll probably take 8-10 hours to complete the course. Sign up for the newsletter for a discount.

(08-27-2021, 02:00 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Yup, this was discussed yesterday, not a major change.  My January 2021 BSBA GM plan actually has the CSM Learn course as one of the "free elective" courses, so if anyone following that plan, no changes at all.  Here's yesterday's post: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...statistics

Bjcheung - yes, it was that thread that caused me to double-check my plan. You were 100% right in your prediction there that this makes it more flexible. I've been able to drop a really hard course Cost Accounting which was AOS before and replace it with something easier in the electives (Human Growth and Dev CLEP) Overall this didn't turn out as bad as I was thinking and actually a really nice change.

Thanks for the heads up on CSM Learn, I was doing this over the weekend. It's actually a really enjoyable course. Everyone should do this even if not getting a degree I think!

If the Calc AP had been like this I would have passed it!
[-] The following 1 user Likes thecontrarian's post:
  • rachel83az

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 26 302 12 minutes ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Critique and Advice on Plan for Computer Science BA from TESU aseneca 6 372 03-19-2024, 10:59 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  TESU BACS course selection for OMSCS warre 29 854 03-14-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: warre
  LU to TESU or UMPI - please help! CharisandJon 17 629 03-14-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  BA in Communications at TESU Deetzin 2 169 03-12-2024, 02:17 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Tired of being bad at math and looking to enroll in online math classes for credit xor 9 515 02-26-2024, 12:32 PM
Last Post: davewill
  BSBA CIS Area of Study @ TESU Vin 21 1,254 02-09-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Course/Degree Planning - Liberal Studies, BA - TESU drp16 4 382 01-31-2024, 02:41 PM
Last Post: drp16
  European seeking Computer Science or Math fcfcfc 11 627 01-20-2024, 04:52 PM
Question My degree plan for TESU BA in CS; thoughts/recs? bruh 65 6,065 01-11-2024, 06:41 PM