Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Micro Economics
Currently in search of a Micro Economics course, preferably a competency based program or SL equivalent. I'm debating SL/Clep, anyone have any recommendations? I have a decent amount of background knowledge, but am just limited on time (pre-req for a MBA program)
MBA - Information Technology, Patten University (In-Progress)
BS Computer Science, University of Maryland University College
Minor Business Administration
AAS Criminal Justice, CCAF 2012
AAS Education and Training Management, CCAF 2016

DSST Passed:
Introduction to Computing,Civil War and Reconstruction,Introduction to Business,Principles of Marketing,Principles of Supervision,Business Ethics and Society,Management Information Systems,Ethics in America

CLEPS Passed:
Principles of Management,College Composition Modular,Natural Sciences,Analyzing and Interpreting Literature

SL:
College Algebra,Organizational Behavior,Biology, MicroEconomics

Sophia:
Project Management
I am currently working on Saylor’s Micro course that recently received ACE approval (I just finished their Macro course.) There are some readings, videos, non-graded quizzes and then a final exam taken at home via ProctorU. If you already have background in the subject matter, you can skim the texts and watch the videos on 1.5x or 2x speed. There is no fee for the course materials and only a $25-30 fee for the ProctorU service. Definitely the most budget-friendly option at 8-10 dollars per credit, although if you are planning to transfer the credits to a school other than the Big 3, get the approval in writing first.

SL and CLEP, as you mentioned, are other options for $100-150 each and would likely be accepted by more schools.
MBA- WGU, in progress 2018
BSBA- TESU, Sep. 2017

Ah, I knew I was forgetting a source. Glad to see Saylor got the green light on that one. Based on Macro, was reading material they provided relevant to the graded coursework? That's the issue I usually run into with SL (never finished a course through Saylor.)

DSST Passed:
Introduction to Computing,Civil War and Reconstruction,Introduction to Business,Principles of Marketing,Principles of Supervision,Business Ethics and Society,Management Information Systems,Ethics in America

CLEPS Passed:
Principles of Management,College Composition Modular,Natural Sciences,Analyzing and Interpreting Literature

SL:

Sophia:
Project Management
The Sl course is good, but a lot of modules / tests. I think the Saylor one also overly long (like all their courses) so your fastest could be CLEP. All that said you could still do the SL one in a week or two without much difficulty.
Decided to go with SL based on the course length/difficulty. Thanks for the feedback folks!

DSST Passed:

CLEPS Passed:

SL:

Sophia:
Project Management

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What are micro-credentials and who is completing them? vintage_jacket 10 1,156 09-06-2022, 10:22 PM
Last Post: midnite123
  Micro-Credentials Alpha 5 881 10-04-2021, 08:44 AM
Last Post: Alpha
  Claremont Dual BA/MA - Economics or Finance in 4 years bjcheung77 5 1,039 04-26-2021, 09:15 PM
Last Post: freeloader
  AP2 in 8 weeks (Summer semester) or Micro 2L8 3 1,265 02-02-2020, 03:46 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Economics as a Required Course videogamesrock 3 1,069 11-15-2019, 05:12 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Finance or Economics Degree HELP! learn777 11 4,158 09-03-2019, 07:52 AM
Last Post: learn777
  Macro Economics cardiacclep 2 1,659 08-06-2017, 11:10 AM
Last Post: cardiacclep
  Macro Economics archerbob 0 932 12-06-2016, 09:52 AM
Last Post: archerbob
  Micro/Macro economics which one? morig 7 2,008 10-30-2016, 12:41 AM