Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Micro/Macroeconomics
Hello all,

Micro and Macro will be my next two tests. To save time, I'm thinking of studying them together instead of one at a time. Would this actually be possible to do, or are the tests different enough to where I should study each one separately? Thanks! You guys are invaluable! Smile
I would study them together, they are not the same, but they are very similar.
Started Sept. 2016 -Thomas Edison State Univeristy - BSBA - Marketing 120/120 DONE
ACE/ALT 41 CR
TECEP: 15 CR
ALEKS: Intermediate Algebra l College Algebra l Statistics l
The Institutes: Ethics
Saylor: Principles of Marketing
Straighterline: American Government l Intro to Religion l Principles of Management l English Comp II l
Study.com : Business 308 l History 108 l Principles of Finance l Digital Marketing
CSU CBE: Market Research l
TECEP: Strategic Management l  Public relations l Advertising l Sales Mgmt l Marketing Comm
Community College B&M Courses (2013-2015) 64 CR General Ed. and Business
Short-term Objective: TESU BSBA in Marketing by Sept. 2017 (DONE!) Graduating in June
Long-term Objective: Career in marketing then eventually MBA or MSC in Marketing later on  
I took them both. Like TESUAbroad said, they are both similar, but not the same. This can be a "good" or "bad" thing depending upon how flexible you are mentally. I liked taking them together, and at Straighterline, the first 5 chapters for both subjects are EXACTLY the SAME. So I literally studied one chapter from the Macro book (start with that first), then did the macro test, then took the micro test. Same subject matter, just different questions. After the first 5 tests, they diverge.

Bottom line, studying both of them together for me, was a good thing as the subject matter for the most part was interesting, but before I took the classes, I read that some people would get confused and mix certain words and their meanings (from Macro to Micro and reverse), and that put me off for awhile from actually taking the subjects. In hindsight, I'm not *exactly* sure what they were talking about. I kinda get it, but, macro is macro and micro is micro...except when it's macro, you know? Those are my thoughts :-)
Community College: College Success Skills | Gen. Psychology | Span 1 | Eng. 101 | Accounting 1 | Accounting 2 | Comp Skills

Study.com Scholarship: Per. Finance | Prin. of Marketing | Digi. Mark. & Advertising | HR Manage. | Prin. of Finance

The Institutes: Ethics

Sophia: Proj. Management

Straighterline:​ Survey of World History | Principles of Management | MacroEco. | MicroEco. | American Gov | US History 1 | US History 2 | Western Civ 1 | Western Civ 2 | Business Law | Intro to Religion | Cultural Anthropology | Intro to Environ. Science | Intro to Soc

ALEKS: Inter. Algebra | College Algebra | Intro to Stats

TEEX: Cyber 101 | Cyber 201 | Cyber 301

NFA: Fire Service Supervision: Self Study

Certified: Six Sigma Yellow Belt [8 PDU]
If you buy the "Economics" textbook by the same authors as the SL Microecon and Macroecon books, it covers both subjects. Then, if you look at the SL Macro book and the SL Micro book, you can see that they have the same intro chapters (maybe 5 of them) and then they change at that point (I have the Econ Study Guide which covers both subjects, and the Micro textbook, so I can see how they fit together).

I would probably take Macro first (considered easier), and then Micro right after, while it's still fresh in your mind. I think it's a little easier to get through Micro when you've already taken Macro. My CC Econ professor thought the same thing, and she was crazy smart!
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What are micro-credentials and who is completing them? vintage_jacket 10 1,141 09-06-2022, 10:22 PM
Last Post: midnite123
  Micro-Credentials Alpha 5 862 10-04-2021, 08:44 AM
Last Post: Alpha
  AP2 in 8 weeks (Summer semester) or Micro 2L8 3 1,228 02-02-2020, 03:46 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Penn Foster Macroeconomics - Proctored? rowan555 4 1,610 04-20-2018, 02:30 PM
Last Post: msganti
  Am I ready to take CLEP Macroeconomics exam if I score 70 percent on the AP Macroecon phthadani 2 1,374 03-23-2018, 11:03 AM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Macroeconomics Speedygonzales 3 1,299 05-05-2017, 04:02 PM
Last Post: studyandpass5
  A & I Lit vs. Macroeconomics CLEP Synicaal 6 1,547 11-25-2016, 09:18 AM
Last Post: bricabrac
  Micro/Macro economics which one? morig 7 1,995 10-30-2016, 12:41 AM
Last Post: RANSOMSOUL
  Micro Economics Andrew670 4 1,919 04-28-2016, 02:56 PM
Last Post: Andrew670
  So Tell Me About the Macroeconomics CLEP... Jesusfreak97 2 815 03-25-2016, 03:10 PM
Last Post: TinHead