Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A & I Lit vs. Macroeconomics CLEP
Hello All,

Probably a really dumb question, as I most likely know how everyone will answer this question. I have a chance to get one more CLEP done this year. Its December 3rd which after the holidays are done gives me about a week. I planned on studying and taking Macroeconomics but I feel I won't be able to learn what I need to pass it in time. However, I could do the A&I Lit CLEP and I think a week worth of studying will be plenty. Most people say they just brush up on literary device terms and then go take it.

On a side note I have about 3weeks left to my Microeconomics CC course so I have a pretty decent base of Macro. Just looking to see what you all think. At this point I'm leaning towards A&I Lit.
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
I'm dragging myself through Macro, so between the two I would pick A&I Lit, but my motivation is low, distractions are high, and its been 15 years since I had Micro. Good luck with whatever you choose.
Andy

---------------------------------

TESC - BSBA: CIS

Current Degree Plan
Complete:  TECEP Eng Comp I, Marriage and Family, Strategic Management, Networking, Computer Concepts, Liberal Math, Tech Writing, Managerial Accounting DSST MIS, Cybersecurity Study.com Macroeconomics
Remaining:  Waiting for credits to process

A&I may be more useful since it is worth six credits at TESU. I think it is much easier of the two.
TESU BA CS and Math (graduated December 2016)
A&IL is strictly reading comprehension. It will be like picking up a book of Shakespeare, King James Bible, or classic literature like you may have read in high school (unabridged of course). If you have the stamina to power through hard reading without stopping, and know/understand what you're reading, then there isn't much to this exam. It's true about literary terms though, because there will be questions like this:
-What is foreshadowed in line 5?
-What is the onomatopoeia in paragraph 1?
-How does the use of fire represent a metaphor in the second stanza?

Honestly, you can spend all week trying to learn literary terms, especially if you land on a literature website. Your best bet is to really really learn the most common 10-25. You can find those on AP English lists.
This is actually a great crossmatch if you take into consideration what your brain likes to focus on. My daughter blazed through Stats in Straighterline & Aleks but finished A&I Clep with a headache. Her words 'Papa it wasn't as much hard as it was confusing'. The nuance of A&I Questions to Answer Match vs Statistics Question to Definite Answer was frustrating to her. I would imagine others as Jennifer mentioned who don't have the interest or stamina to get through the reading could have a harder time with A&I vs Stats.
PhD, Leadership, University of the Cumberlands - What Have I Done!!?!!
MBA, Healthcare Management, Western Governors University - in progress
MS, Management and Leadership, Western Governors University - 2017
BS, Business Administration, Thomas Edison State University - 2016

RANSOMSOUL: Exchange Good For Great

The Ultimate Route to Earning a Bachelor's Degree in Business: A StraighterLine Success Story
Have you always done fairly well in your English classes? A&I Lit is known for being one of the easiest CLEPs with the highest passing rate and littlest amount of study time. If you feel confident answering questions like 'what does the author mean by ____' or 'the main concern of this poem is _____' then you should be fine.
I would do both. I usually took two exams per date to save time and money: travel expenses and test administrative fees. I would study the flashcards for macro and read the final chapter in your micro textbook. Follow Cooks advice and read over literary devices but other than that A&I Lit is reading comprehension. I took it cold with Intro to Computing. Remember at TESU you only need a 50 to pass. You don't earn extra credit for overstudying. Big Grin

Below are a few free textbook companion websites to help with macro. The quizzes are great for practice.

Principles of Macroeconomics
Mankiw Macroecon
Gordon Macroecon

Principles of Economics
Book Companion Site

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AP, CLEP, IB, vs others - Comparison/Example bjcheung77 0 514 08-11-2023, 12:12 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  AP, CLEP, etc - Credit Banking on Credly bjcheung77 2 1,855 09-02-2022, 12:16 PM
Last Post: vintage_jacket
  combine CLEP & ACTFL? defmo 5 856 08-05-2022, 08:58 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  English 2 CLEP Jennr2z 6 1,327 05-25-2022, 10:02 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Prep for College Composition with Essay CLEP ? abs_co 3 1,650 11-11-2021, 07:39 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
Big Grin CLEP US HISTORY II Advice basol007 2 1,286 03-14-2021, 02:14 PM
Last Post: basol007
  need to find credits by testing like Clep - but Clep is not available where I live - esh 3 1,241 01-31-2021, 07:49 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Study material Clep English composition modular Collegelady2 16 4,166 08-18-2020, 10:20 PM
Last Post: mrskitty
  Which degrees accept the most CLEP type tests? Sorbik 5 2,347 08-01-2020, 08:27 AM
Last Post: nomaduser
  English Comp 2 exam option? CLEP's closed yokopilar 4 2,092 05-06-2020, 09:17 AM
Last Post: yokopilar