Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Military?????
Anyone in the military? I'm in the Air Force and am currently working on my CCAF associates by CLEP-ing out of 3 tests. I was then considering applying for Park University (http://www.park.edu) but I wanted some feedback from anyone here.

I also was curious to know if I could still apply for financial aid even though I'm in the military. Anyone?
I am a E-7 in the Air Force and doing credits via Tuition Assistance as well as Clep.. but a whole slew of airman in my shop were handed financial aid packets when they went and signed up for classes this quarter.

But remember that was that the urging of the local private college in the area. I would ask the Education Center staff if your qualified to apply for Federal Aid at whatever rank you are.

Park College was all over Hill AFB when I was assigned there.. I am sure they can assist you on FA also.
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]______________________________________________
Frank
3 More Credits to Go
1 Dantes Test Down/1 Clep Test Down
CCAF Audiovisual Production
1 More CLEPSmile
Then its on to National American University, Applied Management.. 12 Credits away from AAS.
[/SIZE][/SIZE]
kitanis Wrote:I am a E-7 in the Air Force and doing credits via Tuition Assistance as well as Clep.. but a whole slew of airman in my shop were handed financial aid packets when they went and signed up for classes this quarter.

But remember that was that the urging of the local private college in the area. I would ask the Education Center staff if your qualified to apply for Federal Aid at whatever rank you are.

Park College was all over Hill AFB when I was assigned there.. I am sure they can assist you on FA also.

Thanks! I'm in casual status right now at Goodfellow AFB and am trying to keep my mind busy while sitting here waiting for a 1N5 class to start.

In your opinion does it seem like all of the online degrees are Business/Management related?
Keyboard Ninja Wrote:Anyone in the military? I'm in the Air Force and am currently working on my CCAF associates by CLEP-ing out of 3 tests. I was then considering applying for Park University (http://www.park.edu) but I wanted some feedback from anyone here.

I am in the Army Guard and am doing my whole degree through Excelsior. I don't know anything about Park but I do know Excelsior gave me over 60 credits for my Army stuff and I can finish the rest of my degree through CLEP/DANTES/ECE. I spent some time looking for colleges that best suited my needs for testing and awarding credit. The two best I found were ECE and Thomas Edison. Just be careful of some of the colleges that offer a degree in 13 months or something like that. They have a great program to do that but they will charge you way too much (example...AIU wanted over $28,000 for my 13 months of college). Hope this helps. Big Grin
Excelsior would be my next choice.

But National American University is local in the area with a Campus on base also. They gave me over 54 credits when I started. I took two classes in this summer session for eight credit hours on TA. and got my English Comp and Public Speaking out of the way.

I could have cleped both.. but to be honest.. I enjoyed the classes as they were taught by the same teacher.. and it was just fun and made a break in my stress filled weeks.. LOL Plus all it cost me was books.

I have started to SERIOUSLY study the College Math and the College Algebra texts that I have available to CLEP both this fall. Either one.. I will gain my CCAF in Audiovisual Production Services.. and then work on for credits for Applied Management with NAU.

I also have Principles of Marketing started... so my next quarter is full of CLEPS and Dantes.. LOL
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]______________________________________________
Frank
3 More Credits to Go
1 Dantes Test Down/1 Clep Test Down
CCAF Audiovisual Production
1 More CLEPSmile
Then its on to National American University, Applied Management.. 12 Credits away from AAS.
[/SIZE][/SIZE]
If you are active duty TA is 100%. Just have to pay for books. And also the cleps test and dantes are free. Park University is ok. I took 3 classes there. It depends on what you want to do. Do you want to get your whole bachelors degree or just take some classes for credit hours? I would suggest cleping out of all you can and then look for a college that meets your needs for your bachelors degree.
Houston, Texas
B.S. - Liberal Arts, Excelsior College
You may be able to use your GI Bill, just depending on how long you've been in the service. Also, make sue you check the accreditation of the colleges you plan on obtaining your degree. Make sure its regionally accredited.

I was active army and now army guard so between both services I'll be obatining my BS (I mean 4 year Big Grin ) degree for free. Plus I recevied some non-military grants and scholarships when I first starting attending college.
[SIZE="2"]WORKING TOWARDS B.S. OF CRIMINAL JUSTICE FROM EXCELSIOR COLLEGE.[/SIZE]
UPDATED 1/13
COMPLETED 113.33 HRS.
NEED 14.67
[COLOR="Green"]RECENTLY TAKEN TEST: RISE & FALL - 12/12 - 46 (OUCH!)
NEXT TESTS: World Conflicts, Juvenile Delinquency, Ethics, College Writing
LAST TRADITIONAL CLASS: Social Science Research
[/COLOR][COLOR="Blue"]
CLEP/DSST - 51 HRS
TRADITIONAL - 53
MILITARY - 9
[/COLOR]
Keyboard Ninja Wrote:Anyone in the military? I'm in the Air Force and am currently working on my CCAF associates by CLEP-ing out of 3 tests. I was then considering applying for Park University (http://www.park.edu) but I wanted some feedback from anyone here.

I also was curious to know if I could still apply for financial aid even though I'm in the military. Anyone?

You can apply for Financial Aid as far as I know. You can also use your GI bill for costs that exceed the tuition assistance.
[SIZE="5"]Barry[/SIZE]
47 Traditional Credits 75 Non-Traditional with 3.7 GPA
[COLOR="Blue"]BA in Social Sciences from TESC last class ended on 1/13/2007!!
[COLOR="DarkGreen"]Waiting on grade for SOS440
B in SOC210[/COLOR][/COLOR]
Next up MA of Liberal Studies in Administrative Leadership through the University of Oklahoma!!
As a former recruiter for the Ohio Army National Guard. I can tell you that Ohio offers 100% tuition to any state college or univeristy, plus the GI Bill. Or, if it's a private college you can use federal tuition assistance, state tuition scholarships, and the GI Bill, plus receiving pay when serving in the guard.
[SIZE="2"]WORKING TOWARDS B.S. OF CRIMINAL JUSTICE FROM EXCELSIOR COLLEGE.[/SIZE]
UPDATED 1/13
COMPLETED 113.33 HRS.
NEED 14.67
[COLOR="Green"]RECENTLY TAKEN TEST: RISE & FALL - 12/12 - 46 (OUCH!)
NEXT TESTS: World Conflicts, Juvenile Delinquency, Ethics, College Writing
LAST TRADITIONAL CLASS: Social Science Research
[/COLOR][COLOR="Blue"]
CLEP/DSST - 51 HRS
TRADITIONAL - 53
MILITARY - 9
[/COLOR]
Just wanted to say thanks to all of you for serving in the military. You make the difference so that we can remain the home of the free and the brave.

I want you to know that I truly appreciate your sacrifice and risk on my behalf and those of my countrymen.
Crystal King
BS Liberal Studies 3.87
Preparing for GRE
Goal Master Library Science 2009

Ambition is the Path to success,
Persistence is the vehicle you arrive in.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  opinion on military school for ADHD teen EducationSeeker 18 3,068 10-14-2022, 02:22 PM
Last Post: martamarti
  ACE credit for possible military enlistment? dfrecore 33 5,801 05-27-2020, 09:59 PM
Last Post: anewmanx
  Have a military education exit strategy. vetvso 26 5,631 05-07-2020, 10:11 PM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  20% off Coopersmith for Active Military Zachcleigh 0 1,802 12-04-2019, 12:37 PM
Last Post: Zachcleigh
  AMU Reducing Military-Affiliated Master's Tuition to $250/credit (and free books) TheMaskedMutant 1 1,901 11-22-2019, 12:16 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Military Residency Requirement natshar 3 1,951 07-08-2019, 11:13 AM
Last Post: natshar
  Military waiver for residency charge at tesu Zachcleigh 4 2,319 05-09-2019, 07:59 AM
Last Post: ECH90
  TESU database of military credits? dfrecore 8 3,440 02-14-2019, 01:00 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  DraftKings Partners With VetsinTech to Offer Free Coding Training to Ex-Military Memb decimon 0 2,120 06-14-2018, 09:08 PM
Last Post: decimon
  The most Military/Veteran friendly College Commencements! Life Long Learning 42 8,940 06-07-2018, 07:18 PM
Last Post: ShotoJuku