Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Military enrollment
My wife signed up for Tesu a few years ago under miltary enrollment. She has 92 credits transfered in to Tesu. Can she change from military enrollment to regular, so she doesn't have to take 6 classes from Tesu directly?
Personally, I would probably stay under military enrollment, if at all possible! Military personnel don't need to take actual courses from TESU. You can take the easier TECEPs. This is NOT an option for regular students. For regular students, the current requirements are: 90 credit limit from alternate sources (Study.com, Sophia, Saylor, etc.), 30 RA credits. 6 of these RA credits are met by the cornerstone and capstone. The other 24 can come from anywhere. But, if at least 16 credits in total don't come from TESU, you have to pay the residency waiver fee of $3192.

I don't know what credits your wife has transferred in, but even if you can switch from military to regular, it may make more financial sense to stay under military enrollment.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • LevelUP, ss20ts
rachel83az Wrote:Personally, I would probably stay under military enrollment, if at all possible! Military personnel don't need to take actual courses from TESU. You can take the easier TECEPs. This is NOT an option for regular students. For regular students, the current requirements are: 90 credit limit from alternate sources (Study.com, Sophia, Saylor, etc.), 30 RA credits. 6 of these RA credits are met by the cornerstone and capstone. The other 24 can come from anywhere. But, if at least 16 credits in total don't come from TESU, you have to pay the residency waiver fee of $3192.

I don't know what credits your wife has transferred in, but even if you can switch from military to regular, it may make more financial sense to stay under military enrollment.

Exactly, I highly recommend your wife to stay with the current enrollment. What may help is for her to do an academic evaluation and she can copy/paste the info here or attach a pdf/picture (without her personal details). This way we can guide her through the remaining course requirements using the affordable, easy, quick alternative credit options...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
We have an evaluation, and We can post it. But is there an easy way to print it out, whenever I try the screen is really wide and it prints out weird cutting a lot of info off.
I wouldn't print it out, if you're printing to a pdf format, it may save or might not save properly. Install a browser extension such as "Fireshot" since it's free, use it to copy/crop the information and save it to a PDF or picture format. Then, you can store that online and copy/paste the link or the picture into a thread reply post...

Hi, I'm attaching her evaluation for the BSBA, Thank you.

Attached Files
.pdf   Students WebAdvisor.pdf (Size: 112.61 KB / Downloads: 24)
LOL, that's an awesome evaluation your wife has! It's missing a main component, the "notes", I usually look at that for extra details in regards to residency, credit limits, military tuition, etc... I would not go for the General Management Area of Study, change it to the Entrepreneurship OR Marketing to bump up your credits an extra 3 as your MAR 360 E-Commerce will be used as an Upper Level elective in the AOS, and you would have used EVERYTHING, it's in the "other field" and a waste of an upper level requirement.

Here's how I would play this out:  1) You're missing a few general education requirements, complete them using Sophia.org, if you don't have a second monitor, invest in one, it's non-proctored and you can multi-task much faster.  Your remaining Ethics/General Education courses should come from this provider, or a TECEP.

2) Review the TECEPS list:  Your entire residency requirements of 24 credits for active service people (18 for the AOS and the 6 credits from the capstone/cornerstone) can be completed by doing a combo of 6-8 TECEPS plus the required cornerstone/capstone.  I suggest completing the MAN/MAR TECEPS listed here: https://www2.tesu.edu/listalltecep.php

3) You missed out on the TES-100 cornerstone for 1 credit, you need to do the SOS-110 Critical Info Lit course for $250/credit if you are still paying the military tuition rate, I would do this cornerstone and the capstone BUS-421 last, together in one term.

4) If it's not too much work, you may want to inquire with TESU if you can do a double AOS with Entrepreneurship and Marketing as 3 courses overlap, by doing 3 different courses, you get another AOS.  At the end of the day though, you still have a BSBA...

I agree with bjcheung77's assessment. It's a good evaluation! He's got some good suggestions for getting things done. However, I disagree slightly. I would take a couple of TECEPs for the gen eds, skipping Sophia completely, and using Study.com for a class or two instead of taking UL TECEPs. The UL TECEPs can be a bit tricky and you might have to take them multiple times for a passing grade. Skip that nonsense and go for the things that might be easier to complete.

For part E: Math, I would probably use CSM Learn instead of either Sophia, Study.com, or a TECEP.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
I would use Study.com to do your UL AoS courses, and use TECEP's for the remaining.

I would also choose a less generic AoS than General Management if you have one that speaks to you.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Hi, if I change the AOS on tbe academic evaluator we have to change the catalog year. The general management is still the same catalog as when she applied in 2017. It looks simpler to complete so we're thinking to stay with that, as long as we're allowed to do that.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TECEP for Enrollment optimisticCoder3 8 622 01-16-2024, 09:59 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Questions about enrollment, TESU Sarahtheraven 8 1,090 10-27-2022, 12:34 PM
  Maintaining Enrollment Question Insert Name 3 715 07-01-2022, 02:29 AM
  TESU enrollment and class changes ACI 7 1,229 06-11-2022, 11:20 PM
  Am I understanding enrollment correctly? louise 3 606 05-21-2022, 03:44 PM
Last Post: louise
  TESU Joint Enrollment resistk 9 1,144 03-18-2022, 05:20 AM
Last Post: Cofffeee
  TESU restarting enrollment studyandpass5 11 1,861 12-16-2021, 08:39 PM
Last Post: StudentOLife
  TESU Cornerstone SOS-110 Automatic Enrollment Outdated? schristian10 26 2,645 08-23-2021, 09:34 PM
Last Post: jch
  Withdrawing from TECEP / Enrollment Seagull 6 962 01-15-2021, 06:50 AM
Last Post: Merlin
  Extending enrollment Ideas 8 1,227 07-24-2020, 08:52 AM
Last Post: tjguitar85