Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions about enrollment, TESU
Good Afternoon
I am planning to graduate from TESU with a BA CS in the next 6 months. I've transferred in some foreign credits and some GE credits from Sophia.org. In order to receive unlimited evaluations I understand that I need to be enrolled so if I purchase the TECEP medical terminology by today can I start receiving the unlimited evaluations in November. Ideally I would like to transfer in the rest of my credits from Sophia.org and SDC in November so I can take the capstone along with SOS110 and some miscellaneous credits in December. 
I've completed all GE requirements save for 
Public speaking [ in progress at Sophia.org]
SOS-110 [Needs to be taken at TESU]
American government [in progress at Straighterline]
Foe the CS component my foreign credits only cover the programming course everything I am taking at SDC or will need to take at TESU.
Data structure [SDC]
Calculus 1 [Sophia.org I noticed this is a new course is it accepted by TESU?]
Discrete Math [SDC]
Operating system [SDC]
Computer Architecture [SDC]
AOS electives 15 UL NEEDED
9-To complete any 3 UL CS courses 
3-CIS 351 at TESU the flat tution rate and residency requirement
3-Undecided 
6 LL
3-Introduction to Information Technology epacks from residency requirement [would I need to purchase this separately or will it be included in the flat tution rate?]
3-any cs course at SDC 
I have also completed introduction to Web development at Sophia.org. not sure if it's worth anything. Do calculus 2 and even 3 count towards CS?1
The plan is to do the capstone 3cr cornerstone 3cr? CIS 351 3cr, epack 3cr 1UL CS 3cr + 1cr using the flat tution rate so i can avoid having to pay the residency waiver fee, start in Dec. 
Let me know what you think of this plan or if you would suggest I change anything or if things have changed and some of these things are no linger possible. 
But the most important question for now does purchasing the medical terminology TECEP today mean I am officially enrolled into TESU?
Thank you All 
Sarah
Sophia Calculus 1 is confirmed to be accepted.

Calculus 2/3 counts towards your natural science and computer science electives.

With the 1cr TECEP, you are officially enrolled.

Overall your plan looks good.

You can't start the capstone until you have 100 credits.

I would suggest shooting for 100 credits by Feb 1st, then you can graduate June 2023
https://www.tesu.edu/current-students/gr...nformation
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(10-27-2022, 08:15 AM)Sarahtheraven Wrote: Good Afternoon
I am planning to graduate from TESU with a BA CS in the next 6 months. I've transferred in some foreign credits and some GE credits from Sophia.org. In order to receive unlimited evaluations I understand that I need to be enrolled so if I purchase the TECEP medical terminology by today can I start receiving the unlimited evaluations in November. Ideally I would like to transfer in the rest of my credits from Sophia.org and SDC in November so I can take the capstone along with SOS110 and some miscellaneous credits in December. 
Foe the CS component my foreign credits only cover the programming course everything I am taking at SDC or will need to take at TESU.
Data structure [SDC]
Discrete Math [SDC]
Operating system [SDC]
3-Undecided 
6 LL
3-Introduction to Information Technology epacks from residency requirement [would I need to purchase this separately or will it be included in the flat tution rate?]
3-any cs course at SDC 
I have also completed introduction to Web development at Sophia.org. not sure if it's worth anything. Do calculus 2 and even 3 count towards CS?1
The plan is to do the capstone 3cr cornerstone 3cr? CIS 351 3cr, epack 3cr 1UL CS 3cr + 1cr using the flat tution rate so i can avoid having to pay the residency waiver fee, start in Dec. 
Let me know what you think of this plan or if you would suggest I change anything or if things have changed and some of these things are no linger possible. 
But the most important question for now does purchasing the medical terminology TECEP today mean I am officially enrolled into TESU?
Thank you All 
Sarah
As someone that's also researching TESU for their degree. As far as I'm aware you would have to apply and go through the application process first. Once you have done that, you can delay actually registering for classes and receive course evaluations (note that a course evaluation is done along with your application), however you will need to purchase x1 TECEP (I'm not sure if you HAVE to take the medical terminology one, or if others also work, someone else can confirm that) every 12-ish months in order to keep your "enrolled" status at TESU. 

Someone else may need to confirm this information, but that's how I understand it. 

You said, you're also taking an epack course? I would assume that if you've applied and are enrolled/enroll yourself into an epack course, it would be unnecessary to purchase a TECEP exam, once again could be wrong only assuming.
In progress:
XAMK: Video Game Creation certificate (8/13 courses completed)
Metropolia: Multiple Courses (In Progress: IT Services Sales and Marketing)

Completed:
Sophia: 62 credits
i-to-i: 180-hour TEFL certificate (DEAC- accredited)
Once you buy the TECEP medical terminology you don't have to take the exam. Let it expire. 

The epack course is included in the flat-rate tuition.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(10-27-2022, 09:11 AM)LevelUP Wrote: Once you buy the TECEP medical terminology you don't have to take the exam. Let it expire. 

Thank you for responding. I will purchase the TECEP now. If I let it expire does it count as a fail towards my GPA? 
SO I currently have 87 credits transferred and accepted by TESU and I have completed a few more with SDC and Sophia.org once I transfer those I will have well over 100cr  applied towards the cs degree. If everything goes according to plan I only want to have the 16cr I plan to take at TESU and 2 SDC courses left to complete come December. However I am not in any rush to graduate so June will still be fine.

(10-27-2022, 10:24 AM)Sarahtheraven Wrote:
(10-27-2022, 09:11 AM)LevelUP Wrote: Once you buy the TECEP medical terminology you don't have to take the exam. Let it expire. 

Thank you for responding. I will purchase the TECEP now. If I let it expire does it count as a fail towards my GPA? 
SO I currently have 87 credits transferred and accepted by TESU and I have completed a few more with SDC and Sophia.org once I transfer those I will have well over 100cr  applied towards the cs degree. If everything goes according to plan I only want to have the 16cr I plan to take at TESU and 2 SDC courses left to complete come December. However I am not in any rush to graduate so June will still be fine.

At th end Section G says a total of 18 UL credits are required including capstone  rake away capstone that leaves 15 UL credits or 5 courses but GROUP 1 has only 4 empty slots and group 2 has 2 empty slots I am assuming Group 2 is the LL credits where would the final upper level course go? I hope that was clear.

(10-27-2022, 09:02 AM)Personherebb9 Wrote:
(10-27-2022, 08:15 AM)Sarahtheraven Wrote: Good Afternoon
Data structure [SDC]
Discrete Math [SDC]
Operating system [SDC]
3-Undecided 
6 LL
3-any cs course at SDC 
Thank you All 
Sarah
As someone that's also researching TESU for their degree. As far as I'm aware you would have to apply and go through the application process first. Once you have done that, you can delay actually registering for classes and receive course evaluations (note that a course evaluation is done along with your application), however you will need to purchase x1 TECEP (I'm not sure if you HAVE to take the medical terminology one, or if others also work, someone else can confirm that) every 12-ish months in order to keep your "enrolled" status at TESU. 

Someone else may need to confirm this information, but that's how I understand it. 

You said, you're also taking an epack course? I would assume that if you've applied and are enrolled/enroll yourself into an epack course, it would be unnecessary to purchase a TECEP exam, once again could be wrong only assuming.

Hi, I see you are also looking into getting a BA cs from tesu as well Good luck. 
Yes so I have already applied and sent in my transcripts for evaluation and I will be taking a couple of epacks in December maybe later along with the capstone. You asked somewhere else about BA vs BS here in the UK it makes absolutely no difference but I'm not sure about the situation in South Africa.

Attached Files
.jpg   Screenshot_20221027-131338_Chrome.jpg (Size: 495.44 KB / Downloads: 12)
If you do not successfully pass a TECEP (whether you take it or allow it to expire), it does not show up on your transcript at all. They used to, so you might find old posts that say something to that effect, but they no longer do.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(10-27-2022, 11:05 AM)rachel83az Wrote: If you do not successfully pass a TECEP (whether you take it or allow it to expire), it does not show up on your transcript at all. They used to, so you might find old posts that say something to that effect, but they no longer do.

Thank you. I have also been lurking around this forum for a while and have read on a few places that some SDC courses might no longer be accepted at TESU or something along those lines. Is this true?
There have been rumors about SDC courses not being accepted. Some of them have turned out to be true, but none of them have been relevant to BACS degrees.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Sarahtheraven Wrote:Thank you. I have also been lurking around this forum for a while and have read on a few places that some SDC courses might no longer be accepted at TESU or something along those lines. Is this true?

@Sarahtheraven - Welcome to the board, rumors are just that, you should take your time and review what is on the WIKI.  The plan you're looking at is the BACS and the moderators keep the plans updated often if there are alternative courses available.  I highly suggest you slowly go through the plan and make a spreadsheet to reference/track your progress.  https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Ca...gree_Plans

Depending on a few variables, you may also be interested in the BACS/BSBA CIS dual degree instead, that's also on the WIKI and requires just 5 extra courses (capstone included, if you're starting from scratch).  WGU has a BSCS as well, I would keep your options open just in case something happens.  You should provide us more details, fill in the template and last post addendum here: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Area-works
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Final Stretch Degree Plan Help TESU BSBA Sargoththemino 3 67 Today, 12:50 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 13 751 Yesterday, 09:06 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  TESU Credit Transfer Evaluation colonelcamp 7 227 04-25-2024, 10:16 AM
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 20 2,615 04-23-2024, 02:44 PM
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 638 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 568 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 287 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,337 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 256 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 425 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM