Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Military transcript - TESC?
Hi Everyone...I applied for TESC to pursue a BSBA in General Mgmt…can any of you answer these questions concerning my military transcript?...if any of you have any of these credits listed on your military transcript, did TESC accept them and what did they go towards on your degree plan?...

There are no SOC category codes for these…they are listed on my military transcripts as “Education” under the category section along with ACE credit recommendation.

Student Teaching - 3U
Instructional Media - 3L
Instruction Strategies and Methods - 3U
Introduction to Teaching and Learning -3L

These two have SOC codes; however, there were no equivalent TESC courses listed in the SOC catalog for them…

Leadership Development - 3L
Principles of Supervision - 3L

This one was not in the SOC catalog at all…

Technical Math – 3L

Lastly, Technical Writing -3L…SOC Catalog equates this course to TESC’s ENG 201 Technical Writing…someone posted in another thread that the Technical Writing CLEP exam satisfies the Managerial Business Communications requirement…will this military credit do the same?

Thank you
[SIZE="1"]AA, MGCCC
BA in Liberal Studies, TESC (thanks to all of you!! Smile )[/SIZE]
My Techical Math credits are listed on my TESC transcript as Intermediate Algebra. For Principals of Supervision there is an identically named DSST that TESC credits as MAN-201-DE. Can't help you with the others but here is the link to that DSST info on the TESC catalog. Good luck.

Undergraduate Ways to Earn Credit - Thomas Edison State College - acalog ACMSâ„¢

BA/Liberal Studies, TESC 2011
AAS/Applied Electronic Studies, TESC 2010

Thank you...did Technical Math count as a Free Elective or General Education Requirement?
[SIZE="1"]AA, MGCCC
Have you applied yet? I'm guessing that you didn't. Call a conselor and ask them. Or apply and then see where they all go. They won't use some stuff but will use experience as an E5 for others.
[COLOR="DimGray"]Intro to World Religions 68
Social Science and History 60
Principles of Statistics 60
Western Civilization I 58
Intro to Sociology 55
Astronomy 54
Technical Writing 54
Humanities 50
College Composition 50[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Blue"]C Programming - C
Electronic Instrumentation and Control - A
War and American Society - A
International Economics - A
Calculus II - B[/COLOR]
thanks...yes, I applied about two or three days ago
[SIZE="1"]AA, MGCCC
iCLEP2 Wrote:thanks...yes, I applied about two or three days ago

Sent you a PM.
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]Excelsior College - DONE[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]AAS-[SIZE="1"]2009[/SIZE], BSLS-[SIZE="1"]2010[/SIZE] [/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][B][SIZE="2"]Thomas Edison State College - DONE[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]BA in History[/SIZE]-[SIZE="1"]2011[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[SIZE="2"]Texas A&M University Central Texas[/SIZE]
Master of Arts in History - 18/36 SH

CLEPs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Spanish, Freshman Comp, English Comp w/ Essay, Social Science & Hist, Info Sys & Comp App, Intro Sociology, Prin of Mngmt, American Gov , US History I, US History II, Western Civ I, Western Civ II[/SIZE][/SIZE]
DSSTs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Civil War & Reconstruction, Rise & Fall of Soviet Union, History of Vietnam War, Intro Modern Middle East, Western Europe Since 1945, Drug and Alcohol, Here's to Your Hlth, Intro To Comp, Prin of Sup, Technical Writing, Prin of Physical Science I[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Quote: There are no stupid questions, only stupid people. "Mr. Garrison"[/SIZE]
The Intermediate Algebra credits counted as Math under my general ed.

BA/Liberal Studies, TESC 2011
AAS/Applied Electronic Studies, TESC 2010

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  opinion on military school for ADHD teen EducationSeeker 18 2,929 10-14-2022, 02:22 PM
Last Post: martamarti
  ACE credit for possible military enlistment? dfrecore 33 5,575 05-27-2020, 09:59 PM
Last Post: anewmanx
  Have a military education exit strategy. vetvso 26 5,533 05-07-2020, 10:11 PM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  20% off Coopersmith for Active Military Zachcleigh 0 1,773 12-04-2019, 12:37 PM
Last Post: Zachcleigh
  AMU Reducing Military-Affiliated Master's Tuition to $250/credit (and free books) TheMaskedMutant 1 1,874 11-22-2019, 12:16 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Military Residency Requirement natshar 3 1,924 07-08-2019, 11:13 AM
Last Post: natshar
  Military waiver for residency charge at tesu Zachcleigh 4 2,256 05-09-2019, 07:59 AM
Last Post: ECH90
  TESU database of military credits? dfrecore 8 3,358 02-14-2019, 01:00 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  DraftKings Partners With VetsinTech to Offer Free Coding Training to Ex-Military Memb decimon 0 2,090 06-14-2018, 09:08 PM
Last Post: decimon
  The most Military/Veteran friendly College Commencements! Life Long Learning 42 8,773 06-07-2018, 07:18 PM
Last Post: ShotoJuku