Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mom is re-entering the workforce, possible certification programs?
My mom will be working after several years of staying home due to divorce. She has spent many years taking care of my step dad who has MS, as well as being a FT nanny off an on. She has an associates of science in business administration which she received in 2001. I suggested something with healthcare because she has spent much of her time being a caretaker, but this is not what she wants.

I'm trying to make a list of occupations that only require one year or less of study, possibly a certificate program or trade school. Does anyone have any suggestions? She likes working with children, and is interested in banking/business.

Thanks ahead of time!
She might be able to swing an accounting degree in that timeframe since she already has an AS in business. She might find that work interesting if she likes business/banking.

Good luck to her!
[-] The following 1 user Likes tifferbugz's post:
  • cookderosa
Since she has an ASBA, she might want to continue onward with a BSBA Health Care Management or something along those lines. You can get her to take a look at TESU/WGU and see which one of those schools will take in the most credits from her ASBA. Once an evaluation has been completed, she can decide on which one would be the cheaper, easier, faster of the two. Just work on all the required general education and transferable courses before she officially enrolls at either school...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(01-04-2019, 06:56 PM)bfleshman Wrote: My mom will be working after several years of staying home due to divorce. She has spent many years taking care of my step dad who has MS, as well as being a FT nanny off an on. She has an associates of science in business administration which she received in 2001. I suggested something with healthcare because she has spent much of her time being a caretaker, but this is not what she wants.

I'm trying to make a list of occupations that only require one year or less of study, possibly a certificate program or trade school. Does anyone have any suggestions? She likes working with children, and is interested in banking/business.

Thanks ahead of time!

What subjects did she enjoy when she finished her business degree? Does she have an idea of what she'd like to do? Did she like sales or was she more a number cruncher? Does she work better alone, or on a team?
When you say working with children, do you mean like in a daycare or something more involved like being a school teacher? As for banking / business, do you think she'd make a good real estate agent? That's a quick program of study, her degree ties in, and she can make a great living.
(01-04-2019, 07:35 PM)cookderosa Wrote:
(01-04-2019, 06:56 PM)bfleshman Wrote: My mom will be working after several years of staying home due to divorce. She has spent many years taking care of my step dad who has MS, as well as being a FT nanny off an on. She has an associates of science in business administration which she received in 2001. I suggested something with healthcare because she has spent much of her time being a caretaker, but this is not what she wants.

Thanks ahead of time!

What subjects did she enjoy when she finished her business degree?  Does she have an idea of what she'd like to do?  Did she like sales or was she more a number cruncher?  Does she work better alone, or on a team?
When you say working with children, do you mean like in a daycare or something more involved like being a school teacher?  As for banking / business, do you think she'd make a good real estate agent?  That's a quick program of study, her degree ties in, and she can make a great living.

Great idea! If she enjoys sales and dealing with people and contracts, real estate would be a great way to go.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 27 5,463 03-16-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The First 3-Year Degree Programs Win Approval Ares 10 772 02-07-2024, 03:40 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  U.S. News will rank distance learning programs in business, IT and other fields LevelUP 1 242 01-25-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Cambridge Certification Authority ? pluggingalong 5 834 09-01-2023, 08:28 PM
  Mexican Bachelor of Engineering programs US$4200 elcastor21 2 410 08-31-2023, 03:38 AM
Last Post: Kab
  What are the weirdest programs you know? spohara 4 885 04-22-2023, 03:49 PM
  South Texas College - CBE Programs bjcheung77 13 2,518 11-27-2022, 04:14 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  DPU India - Online Programs bjcheung77 6 1,250 11-08-2022, 11:28 AM
Last Post: akr680
  Best Online Bachelor’s Degree Programs in the U.S. LevelUP 1 558 11-08-2022, 11:18 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Georgia terminates programs Alpha 6 932 09-20-2022, 07:34 PM
Last Post: Alpha