Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moodle acquires 3 partners!
Moodle is trying to be top dog in the LMS market, as they're currently behind Canvas and Blackboard. 

Basically, I see this as a great way to bump themselves up a notch with this set added to their portfolio...

Link: https://www.highereddive.com/news/moodle...s-platform
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(08-16-2021, 08:21 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Moodle is trying to be top dog in the LMS market, as they're currently behind Canvas and Blackboard. 

Behind in what sense?

https://stats.moodle.org/
BS, Information Systems concentration, Charter Oak State College
MA in Educational Technology Leadership, George Washington University
18 doctoral level semester-hours in Business Administration, Baker College
In progress: EdD in Educational Leadership, Manhattanville College

More at https://stevefoerster.com
According to the article, Moodle appears to be one percentage point behind Blackboard. I'm not surprised that Canvas is the most popular. I've attended about 50 million schools, and Canvas appeared to be the most utilized. I did enjoy building courses in Canvas more than Blackboard.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
[-] The following 2 users Like sanantone's post:
  • ss20ts, SteveFoerster
(08-16-2021, 11:49 PM)sanantone Wrote: According to the article, Moodle appears to be one percentage point behind Blackboard. I'm not surprised that Canvas is the most popular. I've attended about 50 million schools, and Canvas appeared to be the most utilized. I did enjoy building courses in Canvas more than Blackboard.

I prefer it too. It's not surprising that when Canvas came along they really drank Blackboard's milkshake.
BS, Information Systems concentration, Charter Oak State College
MA in Educational Technology Leadership, George Washington University
18 doctoral level semester-hours in Business Administration, Baker College
In progress: EdD in Educational Leadership, Manhattanville College

More at https://stevefoerster.com
[-] The following 1 user Likes SteveFoerster's post:
  • sanantone
(08-16-2021, 11:49 PM)sanantone Wrote: According to the article, Moodle appears to be one percentage point behind Blackboard. I'm not surprised that Canvas is the most popular. I've attended about 50 million schools, and Canvas appeared to be the most utilized. I did enjoy building courses in Canvas more than Blackboard.

Really? That is interesting!

I've attended 6 different colleges. 4 used blackboad. 1 used canvas and 1 used Moodle. The one that used Moodle was TESU.

Also at least where I live all the colleges near me used blackboard. Even ones I didn't go to know I they use blackboard. And the college sister attended used blackboard as well. As a result of all this, I always assumed blackboard was the standard platform for education.
(08-17-2021, 01:03 AM)natshar Wrote: I've attended 6 different colleges. 4 used blackboad. 1 used canvas and 1 used Moodle. The one that used Moodle was TESU.

Also at least where I live all the colleges near me used blackboard. Even ones I didn't go to know I they use blackboard. And the college sister attended used blackboard as well. As a result of all this, I always assumed blackboard was the standard platform for education.

I had a similar experience a few years ago. My (utterly unsupported) guess is that Blackboard used to own the market. I took a course delivered in Moodle about 10-12 years ago, and Moodle was pretty primitive back then, and didn't have much of a UI.  But they have really kicked ass, and I have seen a number of schools that used to use Blackboard dropping it in favor of something else.  One community college that I attended butts-in-seats some years ago was using some incredibly janky off-brand LMS (don't remember which one) but has just changed to Canvas. 

But I agree that I have not personally run into many places other that TESU that are using Moodle.  Gotta say, though, TESU's implementation of Moodle is easy to navigate, with a good UI, and I really like it.

I've used Canvas, Blackboard, and Moodle in the last year. Blackboard feels like its design is from the 90's. It just feels old. Not a big fan. Moodle's fonts weren't crisp and clear when I used it at LSU. I don't enjoy fuzzy fonts on my screen. I've used Canvas at several schools and this layout is the best one. It's easiest on the eyes. Not cluttered. Doesn't look like a dinosaur. This is my experience as a user. I can only imagine what it's like to design a course in these. Blackboard really looks old and tired.
[-] The following 2 users Like ss20ts's post:
  • sanantone, SteveFoerster

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ASU partners with for-profit in El Salvador elcastor21 1 342 08-26-2023, 02:55 PM
Last Post: elcastor21
  Bentley University partners with Coinbase... bjcheung77 1 607 08-25-2023, 09:59 PM
Last Post: elcastor21
  Sallie Mae Acquires Scholarship App Scholly bjcheung77 0 175 08-22-2023, 06:32 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Panorama Education Acquires Mesa Cloud... bjcheung77 0 420 07-01-2023, 01:45 AM
  International University of Applied Sciences (IU) acquires University of Fredericton. bjcheung77 0 559 07-01-2023, 01:39 AM
  StraighterLine acquires Childcare Education Institute bjcheung77 2 827 05-16-2023, 11:05 AM
Last Post: glammie83
  Univ of People partners with Sophia.org for degree pathway! bjcheung77 3 781 05-08-2023, 09:08 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  ASU partners with university in Peru bjcheung77 0 359 03-24-2023, 06:34 PM
  Universities have become partners with online sports-betting companies Imbanewbie 1 824 12-06-2022, 11:48 AM
Last Post: davewill
  YouScience acquires NC3T bjcheung77 1 442 11-07-2022, 11:54 PM
Last Post: PrettyFlyforaChiGuy