Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More new Study.com courses, changes
I received this email from Study.com today:

Hello,
Good news! Thomas Edison State University and Excelsior College now accept transcripts directly from Study.com; no need to request transcripts from ACE or NCCRS.
To request your Study.com transcript, please fill out the information on this link:  https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/b90253...bd813935c1
Then the Study.com registrar office will send your transcripts straight to your institution of choice, free of charge.

Smile
[-] The following 4 users Like mc.christi's post:
  • dfrecore, icampy, jsd, lca88
Hello all,

We wanted to let you know that we've recently updated the Thomas Edison State University transfer guide on our website. You can access it here: https://study.com/directory/school/Thoma...ransferTab

Please note that many of our newly recommended courses are still being reviewed by TESU, so equivalencies have not yet been determined for them. As always, please reach out to us (support@study.com) if you have any questions or comments.

Happy 2018, everyone!

The Study.com Team
[-] The following 4 users Like Study.com's post:
  • inkleind, jsd, mc.christi, warriortaupou
I noticed that Nat Sci is now Nat Sci and not physics any more.
Bye bye biology degree (no more UL). Oh well.
Unfortunately, I was right - they didn't just downgrade the Psych courses, they also downgraded the Business courses.

Some good news is that they downgraded some where they were duplicating before, so you can now take 2 similar courses, 1 UL and the other LL, and get credit for both:
Civil War
Vietnam War
HR/Strategic HR
Org Behavior/Leadership & Org Behavior
International Bus/Globalization & Int'l Mgmt
Business Ethics/Advanced Business Ethics should follow this as well

For some, it won't really matter, as it's not required that they be UL (Management, Marketing, Finance, Ethics, etc.).

And, for some like Bio, there are inexpensive alternatives (Microbiology is still available at SL, and UExcel; Pathophysiology is still available through UExcel and Coopersmith).

For Psych, same thing (UL Social Psych can be found at UExcel, Research Methods and Abnormal Psych at UExcel & Coopersmith)

So, no, you can no longer get all of the credits needed from Study.com alone - but you can still find them for about $150/course elsewhere. Certainly not the end of the world.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Yenisei
Bleh, they told me the HRM wouldn't get downgraded. Guess I have no reason to join SDC again.

side note: anyone notice the ACE transcript website is down? I was going to look and see what SDC courses I had finished so that I could have them sent to TESU, but no dice.
We are all on the same side here, trying to better our lives....so let's get along and help each other out. 

Learn a trade. Gain technical skills. Make money, then use this money to get a degree...if you have the desire. 

That's unfortunate for Study.com & students who enjoyed their program over others. 2018 would be an excellent time for outside sources like StraighterLine to add some new courses or recently downgraded courses. We all know the process is not that easy but would be nice to have some surprise course wins next year.
PhD, Leadership, University of the Cumberlands - What Have I Done!!?!!
MBA, Healthcare Management, Western Governors University - in progress
MS, Management and Leadership, Western Governors University - 2017
BS, Business Administration, Thomas Edison State University - 2016

RANSOMSOUL: Exchange Good For Great

The Ultimate Route to Earning a Bachelor's Degree in Business: A StraighterLine Success Story
I think Study.com will have an easier time updating their courses and getting ACE to re-evaluate at UL than a competitor will have at coming up with a new course at UL.

assuming TESU is doing this to align better with ACE recs.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
[-] The following 1 user Likes jsd's post:
  • warriortaupou
One would think that jsd but we don't have too many examples of courses getting upgraded back to UL. We do have companies like Shmoop that pop up trying to fill in gaps or courses lost by other companies.

I hope we get Study.com upgrades, SL UL courses and New resources in 2018 Smile
PhD, Leadership, University of the Cumberlands - What Have I Done!!?!!
MBA, Healthcare Management, Western Governors University - in progress
MS, Management and Leadership, Western Governors University - 2017
BS, Business Administration, Thomas Edison State University - 2016

RANSOMSOUL: Exchange Good For Great

The Ultimate Route to Earning a Bachelor's Degree in Business: A StraighterLine Success Story
Hasn't Study.com already done just this on some of their courses? I might just be confusing the 2cr courses they've turned into 3cr courses, though.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Study.com charged me another month without my consent Livia_Drusila 6 182 Yesterday, 03:57 PM
Last Post: jch
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,446 04-17-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 998 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 8 712 04-08-2024, 11:32 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 40,509 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,638 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 469,370 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 765 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,911 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 374 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM