Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Moved By Pierpont Degree
I was quite surprised by how moved I was when I received my diploma from Pierpont after so many years of off and on again effort.

I didn't feel like it was just an associate degree.

Nancy Parks and all the people at the school are incredible compared to the other Brick and Mortar schools I was at and all the money I spent elsewhere.

They have a small scholarship fund the link to it is on their website. It is

Pierpontfoundation.org/donations

Sent from my moto g stylus using DegreeForum.net mobile app
[-] The following 11 users Like graduatesoon's post:
  • amrly813, CatsDomino, FastTrackDegree, jsd, LevelUP, origamishuttle, rachel83az, raekwon, ss20ts, suzycupcake, warriortaupou
Yes, I really like what Nancy Parks and the institution for what they do! The other WV Community Colleges offer the same program, but there are extra hoops to jump through and the costs are for an extra 3 credits or more. Pierpont is providing an amazing service to those who would want an associate degree as a starting or first credential to build up on if needed. We've referenced the foundation in an earlier post here: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid379364
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(11-11-2022, 08:55 PM)graduatesoon Wrote: I was quite surprised by how moved I was when I received my diploma from Pierpont after so many years of off and on again effort.

I didn't feel like it was just an associate degree.

Nancy Parks and all the people at the school are incredible compared to the other Brick and Mortar schools I was at and all the money I spent elsewhere.

They have a small scholarship fund the link to it is on their website. It is

Pierpontfoundation.org/donations

Can I ask what your graduation date was?
During the summer

I know how you feel. When I was working on my BACS, I didn't expect to feel much, after all I'd been a working engineer for 30 years, surely a piece of paper from a school showing that I knew what I knew wouldn't make a difference, right? It sure did! I hung it proudly on my wall, and felt a great deal of satisfaction. I also was much more at ease in office situations where people would bring up where they went to school, etc...
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 3 users Like davewill's post:
  • doom, LevelUP, origamishuttle
Congrats! I felt much the same way when the registrar's office informed me last week that I'd indeed met all graduation requirements. (Contrasted with my disappointment a few weeks earlier that they would not take Sophia's Introduction to College Mathematics course.)

My Pierpont degree will be awarded on December 9.
Current: WGU BS, Cybersecurity and Information Assurance (082/122 credits)
Done: Pierpont AAS, Board of Governors: Information Systems emphasis (awarded Dec 2022)
[-] The following 1 user Likes raekwon's post:
  • graduatesoon

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pierpont price hike NOX 12 343 03-26-2024, 01:08 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  credit transfer process at Pierpont for AAS, BOG tdat314 3 154 03-26-2024, 05:38 AM
  International Students for Pierpont BOG AAS Program weelun 10 353 03-25-2024, 08:37 PM
  Credit sufficiency for Pierpoint BOG Degree w/ AoE in IS DEPY 6 397 03-17-2024, 11:55 AM
  Update: Pierpont does not require HS Transcripts if you previously attended college Ares 5 548 03-14-2024, 07:09 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Pierpont BOG possible? JohnJ2024 2 544 03-14-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: JohnJ2024
  Anyone Have Issues Transferring Earned College Credits to Pierpont? Gumbeaux 17 816 03-07-2024, 11:38 AM
Information Sophia Courses to Avoid with the Pierpont BOG Degree Ares 24 1,462 02-27-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: Ares
  Working on Pierpont AAS Ariadne 19 1,207 02-25-2024, 11:06 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Questions - Pierpont Apply Now? Chimera 8 881 02-22-2024, 01:49 AM