Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moving credits around?
Say you have a bunch of random B&M credits already transferred in, and with those you easily fill up all your GEE and FE; if you complete other courses during the time you are doing the Capstone, can you transfer them in, swap out one of the random B&M courses, and add that course to your transcript instead, even if it is a week or so after the graduation deadline? What is the latest you can move around (already transferred) courses?
Dumb question, but if you've already applied for graduation and your eval is good, why would you want to do any of this?
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(05-06-2019, 11:35 AM)dfrecore Wrote: Dumb question, but if you've already applied for graduation and your eval is good, why would you want to do any of this?

Most of my B&M credits have nothing to do with my BA. It could be an issue with being accepted for graduate studies. During the time I'll be doing the Capstone (of which I'll have met the 100-credit prerequisite with the B&M credits), I want to complete other courses directly related to my current degree and field, and then use those to replace some of the B&M credits.
(05-06-2019, 12:09 PM)pws Wrote: Most of my B&M credits have nothing to do with my BA. It could be an issue with being accepted for graduate studies. During the time I'll be doing the Capstone (of which I'll have met the 100-credit prerequisite with the B&M credits), I want to complete other courses directly related to my current degree and field, and then use those to replace some of the B&M credits.

The grad school won't know or care which courses were used to fulfill your BA. They will just see your transcripts from RA colleges. TESU's will show that you got the BA, and a list of all the courses that TESU gave you credits for. It does not indicate which courses were used in your degree. If you get your alternative credit into TESU soon enough (before your degree audit is done, I think), then that credit will show in the transferred credit list whether they get used in your degree or not.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
It won't really matter, you can ask TESU to place your credits into your desired areas for the audit/evaluation.
I don't have my transcript with me handy, but I recall that they list everything and the amount of credits total.
So, in reality, it won't make a difference, you get your degree, you use the same credits, it all shows up fine.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Don't graduate schools ask for transcripts? Also, from what I've read, they want to see your bachelor's degree, but also the transcript of the schools for any of the credits you transferred in, no?
Have you checked with this graduate school if they will accept courses that show as "credit" only?

Some schools are more specific and want a certain number of graded credit to be taken directly at the school.
TESU BALS: Awarded June 2019
Credits:
TESU: LIB Capstone 3cr, Cornerstone 1cr 
Aleks: 3cr, Insurance Institute: 2cr NFA: 1cr 
Sophia: 2cr Straighterline: 48cr TEEX: 6cr 
Study.com: 18cr B&M: 77cr
I have my TESU BSBA Transcript right here: it shows my degree awarded, the Area of Study (concentration), the date it was awarded, and then lists my credits - with a subtotal by credit provider. It does not show a "degree plan" as you might think, with the plan from the website or eval showing which courses counted where. Just a long list of courses. It also only shows grades for the course(s) I took at TESU, as well as my cumulative GPA from those courses only.

As an aside, I have 4 other transcripts, and none of those shows HOW credits were applied - they just show what degree I received, and a list of the credits I took there or brought in. My 4yr State school and 2 CC's list what I took each semester, my grade in each course, and my cumulative GPA at each school; my 4yr private school shows the number of credits I transferred from my previous schools, what I took each semester and my grade in each course, my cumulative GPA at that school, and the certificate I earned and the date it was awarded.

I have seen hundreds of transcripts from dozens of schools, and NONE of them show credits in the manner you think. They all just list them, normally by term, just as my schools do.

If you want to add credits, you should - but I wouldn't mess with the plan you already have since you're so close to graduation. It won't make a difference, except that you may want those particular credits on your final transcript if they get there in time.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(05-06-2019, 04:47 PM)zzzz24 Wrote: Have you checked with this graduate school if they will accept courses that show as "credit" only?

Some schools are more specific and want a certain number of graded credit to be taken directly at the school.

A decent number of my courses are from a B&M college, some courses are from RA universities, and I'm taking the TESU Non-Western Literature course. I'll be providing my TESU transcript, the credit evaluation of my B&M credits, and an introduction letter explaining my study path. I'm pretty sure that having some credit-only courses will raise an eyebrow or two, and that it'll weigh in the application, but I'm trying to balance this out with:

- High GPA for the courses that do have GPA (already have a high GPA with B&M college credits)
- Past work experience
- Good reference letters
- Courses that are directly related to the field and graduate degree—this is why I'm asking about taking education courses during the Capstone, and then switching some unrelated B&M courses for those

(05-06-2019, 01:46 PM)davewill Wrote: [...] then that credit will show in the transferred credit list whether they get used in your degree or not.
(05-06-2019, 05:02 PM)dfrecore Wrote: [...]

Okay, so what I'm getting so far is that courses are listed in a random manner, and that TESU courses are definitely listed (with GPA). Apart from that:
- The provider courses are listed, also in chronological/random order, with the equivalent name TESU has assigned to them, but with P/F only?
- If you don't apply credits to your degree, are they still listed? If so, why would credits not part of the degree be listed?
- Do graduate schools look at the courses you completed?

What I'm trying to avoid is say, having almost only music B&M courses as GEE and FE, for a BA in English, and applying for a master's in education. Wouldn't that look weird? I'm thinking it would possibly affect my chances of being accepted, and that having around 8 or so education courses could improve those chances. 

I'd therefore use my B&M to meet the 100-credit requirement to register for the Capstone, complete a bunch of education courses while I'm doing the Capstone, and then switch unrelated B&M courses with the education courses.
(05-06-2019, 05:25 PM)pws Wrote:
(05-06-2019, 04:47 PM)zzzz24 Wrote: Have you checked with this graduate school if they will accept courses that show as "credit" only?

A decent number of my courses are from a B&M college, some courses are from RA universities, and I'm taking the TESU Non-Western Literature course. I'll be providing my TESU transcript, the credit evaluation of my B&M credits, and an introduction letter explaining my study path. I'm pretty sure that having some credit-only courses will raise an eyebrow or two, and that it'll weigh in the application, but I'm trying to balance this out with:

- High GPA for the courses that do have GPA (already have a high GPA with B&M college credits)
- Past work experience
- Good reference letters
- Courses that are directly related to the field and graduate degree—this is why I'm asking about taking education courses during the Capstone, and then switching some unrelated B&M courses for those

(05-06-2019, 01:46 PM)davewill Wrote: [...] then that credit will show in the transferred credit list whether they get used in your degree or not.
(05-06-2019, 05:02 PM)dfrecore Wrote: [...]

Okay, so what I'm getting so far is that courses are listed in a random manner, and that TESU courses are definitely listed (with GPA). Apart from that:
- The provider courses are listed, also in chronological/random order, with the equivalent name TESU has assigned to them, but with P/F only?
- If you don't apply credits to your degree, are they still listed? If so, why would credits not part of the degree be listed?
- Do graduate schools look at the courses you completed?

What I'm trying to avoid is say, having almost only music B&M courses as GEE and FE, for a BA in English, and applying for a master's in education. Wouldn't that look weird? I'm thinking it would possibly affect my chances of being accepted, and that having around 8 or so education courses could improve those chances. 

I'd therefore use my B&M to meet the 100-credit requirement to register for the Capstone, complete a bunch of education courses while I'm doing the Capstone, and then switch unrelated B&M courses with the education courses.

You are asking multiple questions here, not all related.

1) TESU will list everything you transfer in, like I said, nothing shows what is used for the degree or not. It is just a list.  BUT it doesn't matter, because

2) TESU only gives you a GPA for the courses you take through TESU.  You get a school GPA that's for THAT school.  Each school will give you a GPA for THAT school.  I took courses at 5 schools, so I have 5 GPA's.  If I were to apply to grad school, they would want all 5 of my transcripts, and they would calculate an internal GPA there using the grades I got from all 5 schools.  BTW, my TESU GPA is based on a single course.

3) No idea on what the grad school will look at, there is no one-size-fits-all.  Every school is different, programs within each school are different, everyone has different requirements.  No one here can tell you what a particular school will require.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Debate/speech competition transfer credits? Fave advisors? PLEX 4 170 03-20-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: PLEX
  Is an academic certificate a degree for the purposes of "new" credits? Am I screwed? ItsNeverTheLionsYear 3 248 03-13-2024, 08:53 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Organizational Leadership Cert SDC transfer credits Kones 5 472 02-10-2024, 03:48 PM
Last Post: MrPanda
  What constitutes "new" credits for 2nd degree? homeschoolmom1 8 499 01-15-2024, 10:50 PM
  Emailing TESU about planning external credits into academic evaluation aperantosbias 9 611 12-29-2023, 10:37 PM
Last Post: Quackerz
  Less Than 15 Credits Left for TESU Flat Rate Term mariobros1985 7 792 11-22-2023, 09:38 PM
  TESU AS in electronics. Transfer credits options? shows55 2 433 11-12-2023, 11:40 AM
  Competency based certifications for Electronics and Nuclear credits? sciencemathematics1 5 494 09-23-2023, 12:31 PM
  RA Credits from a Community College? mulhearnmusic 2 322 09-16-2023, 04:54 PM
Last Post: mulhearnmusic
  Is there a grade requirement to transfer credits? kowenboy 2 346 09-12-2023, 11:43 AM
Last Post: dfrecore