Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Second Wave - Coronavirus/Covid has begun!
This is sad, some countries such as South Korea has said they've been hit again with the Second Wave of the virus.  We're going to most likely be hit as well, I hope everyone does their due diligence as this is going to go even more bonkers than it should be.  Just be safe, wear that mask, and keep your distance...  I'm feeling the pinch and all this doom & gloom has got me in a spiral... it's maddening, I'm getting cranky and have mood swings like never before!

Link: https://www.cnet.com/how-to/coronavirus-...he-second/
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 4 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • harrypotter, LongRoad, monchevy, Sapientes
There will be a second wave everywhere except the US. Because the US never ended the first wave.
[-] The following 12 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • ChilliDawg, davewill, dbinghamjr, harrypotter, Johann, Kab, Library2HospitalChaplain, LongRoad, Merlin, monchevy, ss20ts, SteveFoerster
(07-13-2020, 08:32 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: This is sad, some countries such as South Korea has said they've been hit again with the Second Wave of the virus.  We're going to most likely be hit as well, I hope everyone does their due diligence as this is going to go even more bonkers than it should be.  Just be safe, wear that mask, and keep your distance...  I'm feeling the pinch and all this doom & gloom has got me in a spiral... it's maddening, I'm getting cranky and have mood swings like never before!

Link: https://www.cnet.com/how-to/coronavirus-...he-second/

What I heard is that it was the bars and nightclubs where the virus spread started in South Korea.  Places where people hang out with masks off.  South Korea only has 1-2 deaths per day at most for the entire country.

Vietnam went hard with masks and shut down the borders early.  They have yet to have a single death.

Simple masks are proven to stop the virus though it takes time when you start with a high infection count.  Sweden left its economy open, never shut down and now death rates per day are under 10.  In July we are finally seeing a major shift on states/cities requiring masks.  So the peak may be near.

If you want to knock down the virus quicker, then using pool testing to test every single person is the best way to do that.  The U.S. has started pool testing though not fully committed to it.  We need to be testing 10-20 million people per day.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(07-14-2020, 01:54 PM)LevelUP Wrote: Simple masks are proven to stop the virus though it takes time when you start with a high infection count.  Sweden left its economy open, never shut down and now death rates per day are under 10.

Well, they did shut down their schools, required everyone to wear masks in public, and asked their higher-risk population to self-isolate. Their death rates skyrocketed for a while but are now coming down. Of course, they also tend to be healthier (less obesity, which is a major risk factor) and their population is cooperating. They don't have all the covid-deniers and anti-mask movements that we have in the US which is going to make things much worse here.

(07-14-2020, 01:54 PM)LevelUP Wrote: In July we are finally seeing a major shift on states/cities requiring masks.  So the peak may be near.

I hope you're right. I'm skeptical based on observation.

(07-14-2020, 01:54 PM)LevelUP Wrote: If you want to knock down the virus quicker, then using pool testing to test every single person is the best way to do that.  The U.S. has started pool testing though not fully committed to it.  We need to be testing 10-20 million people per day.

Agreed. Pool testing, contact tracing, and isolation are going to be key to shutting this down. But I don't know that the US population is willing to do what it takes to make that happen.

We're going to need to keep all that up until we have a working vaccine (assuming we manage that) now that we know that herd immunity isn't possible. Of course, considering that Covid antibodies from natural infection appear to fade after a few months, even after we get a working vaccine we're likely going to need regular boosters until we are able to eliminate the disease for good.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
[-] The following 2 users Like Merlin's post:
  • monchevy, Muldoon

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Amazon ‘censored’ COVID-19 vaccine books after ‘feeling pressure’ from Biden White Ho Charles Fout 1 360 02-21-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
Exclamation Boston University Doctors Create New COVID Variant that Has 80% Kill Rate LevelUP 10 1,043 10-20-2022, 03:34 PM
Last Post: inf
  Estimated 10,000 Cattle Die Due to the Heat Wave LevelUP 4 712 06-19-2022, 12:55 PM
Last Post: Jennr2z
  Covid Update Alpha 24 2,278 02-02-2022, 11:13 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Should You Be Required to Show a COVID Vaccination Card In Order to Vote? LevelUP 44 4,102 08-29-2021, 04:14 AM
Last Post: collegecareerstudent
  PSA: Northwest "Heat Wave" Warning! bjcheung77 3 735 06-27-2021, 01:43 PM
Last Post: Alpha
Big Grin 2 COVID Vaccines Approved, End to Pandemic in Sight?? LevelUP 140 13,279 04-27-2021, 12:41 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  Commencements During COVID natshar 6 1,155 04-02-2021, 06:36 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Anyone Else Getting Sick of This COVID Crap? LevelUP 33 3,348 07-26-2020, 05:10 PM
Last Post: StoicJ
  Discounted Tuition & COVID-19 jinsoo 5 1,457 07-05-2020, 08:36 PM
Last Post: ss20ts