Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Amazing Girl!
Okay it is happening again forum members I cannot help myself here. I am very compelled to once again BRAG about my daughter. Well as many of you already know my beautiful daughter is a bio/chem major at a major university. She also is an RA (resident assistant) a TA (teaching assistant in bio) and a mentor for failing biology students. All I can say is the girl is busy. Because she is a mentor to failing students she actually comes in contact with many of the professors that are dept heads and decision makers.

My daughter was speaking with many of the seniors about becoming a researcher in the school. She actually wanted to go into the cancer research lab. A lot of her peers said to her good luck we have tried for 2 years to get into that lab without even a call back. Dr W does not answer emails or return phone calls. Well my daughter actually had several of Dr W failing Bio students in her mentoring pod. So she actually sees this person every other week and emails him about his students. So she had to contact him about test results of his students. He responded to her about the problems with the students but he also said to her, I would like to OFFER you a position in my lab as a researcher. I saw your GPA and your work and I would like to sit down and talk to you about this. Now my girl had never even had a chance to apply for the position he just sought her out. UNREAL RIGHT!!!!! Yeah I think so. Now she has a chance to do real research and she will be able to leave with a thesis and graduate with science honors which is completely a different animal then just honors.

She will be doing research on soft shell clams and leukemia. Since she has been appointed to this position she will be considered a sponsored scholar. How exciting! :hurray:
"I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion."~ Henry David

BA Humanities - TESC
AAS Construction and Facilities Support - TESC
AA Interior Design - MCC
AA LS - MCC
Certificate Interior Design - MCC
Certificate Management - MCC
Congratulations! That is fantastic!!!!

Danielle
Yeah!!!! That is VERY exciting!!!!
Regis University, ITESO, Global MBA with a focus in Emerging Markets 4.0 GPA, Dual-university degree (Spanish/English) 
COSC BS, Business Admin

My BS Credits:
Spanish 80 | Humanities 67 | A & I Lit 72 | Sub Abuse 452 | Bus Ethics 445 | Tech Writ 62 | Math 53 | HTYH 454 | Am. Govt 65 | Env & Humanity 64 | Marketing 65 | Micro 61| Mgmt 63| Org Behavior 65| MIS 446|Computing 432 | BL II 61 | M&B 50 | Finance 411 | Supervision 437| Intro Bus. 439| Law Enforcement 63|  SL: Accounting I B | Accounting II C+| Macro A | ECE: Labor Relations A | Capstone: A| FEMA PDS Cert 
That is really amazing, kudos to her!! (and to you!!!)
TESC Criminal Justice BA '12
B&M Civil Engineering BS (In Progress)
Awesome, smart little girl you have there!
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
Wow! Wow! Wow! What a wonderful opportunity! Congratulations!!!
AS in 2010 and BS in 2013 at Excelsior College - Transcripts and Costs
MS Biostatistics in 2019 at Texas A&M University - Graduate School

Sharing Credit-by-Exam*
Resources Used - 20+ Exams Passed & General GRE
Practice Tests - Available for CLEP and DSST

* Link posted with permission from forum admin; thank you!
CONGRATULATIONS!!! I really admire hard workers, and you're daughter definitely earned this.
Tests taken so far:
CLEP English Comp/w Essay: 64
CLEP History of U.S. I: 70
CLEP History of U.S. II: 64
CLEP Spanish Language: 64
CLEP American Government: 60
CLEP Humanities: 59
CLEP Prin. of Macro. Econ.: 69
CLEP Prin. of Micro Econ.: 57
CLEP Prin. of Marketing: 67
CLEP Anal. & Inter. Lit.: 69
CLEP Prin. of Management:68
CLEP Intro. Business Law: 69
CLEP Info. Sys. & Comp. App.: 64
CLEP Biology: 60
DSST Prin. of Supervision: 445
DSST Human Resource Mgmt.:67
DSST Man. Info. Sys.: 424
DSST Bus. Ethics & Soc. : 449
DSST Intro. to Bus. 454
FEMA Professional Development Series
ALEKS Precalculus
Straighterline Business Communications
Straighterline Business Statistics
Straighterline Accounting I
Straigtherline Accounting II
Penn Foster Fin. Mgmt.
That girl is too smart and hard working. She has earned all of her rewards.
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12
I love hearing stories like this. Congratulations to you daughter for giving back to the community and being rewarded for it.
Thanks Danielle, Scarlett, Reb, Ponygirl, LindaG, Nap, Meth and clep studyguides.
I am so excited for her. She is also doing early admission for the PharmD. She will know in
Feb if she gets in or not. For now she will be researching. Thank you all of my well wishing
friends.
"I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion."~ Henry David

BA Humanities - TESC
AAS Construction and Facilities Support - TESC
AA Interior Design - MCC
AA LS - MCC
Certificate Interior Design - MCC
Certificate Management - MCC

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Training Honey Bees and Rats for amazing things... bjcheung77 0 525 01-11-2022, 01:56 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  I agree/applaud this nurse! You go girl! bjcheung77 1 1,989 03-17-2020, 01:33 AM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Girl Graduates College Before High School Tedium 1 792 05-05-2014, 11:27 PM
Last Post: Westerner