Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Intro & Finally took my first CLEP exam (College Composition)!!
This will be my first post here on these forums ... so I will try to make it a decent one. Here is a video that I made that tells a little bit about my back-story (if you are interested):

[video=youtube;xnI-eS_CZFs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnI-eS_CZFs[/video]

Higher Education Milestones:
  • Feb2014 - began lurking on these forums
  • Mar2014 - started the Internet Marketing Degree program at Full Sail University
  • 24Apr2014 - ordered the College Composition CLEP exam (my first CLEP)
  • Jul-Sep2014 - took interruption of Training from Full Sail University
  • 29Sep2014 - officially withdrew from Full Sail University when they tried to force me to take an English Composition course (planning to CLEP out of it)
  • 30Sep2014 - enrolled at Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU) to start 1st class online 27Oct2014
  • 22Oct2014 - took the College Composition CLEP exam
  • 23Oct2014 - my first post here on these forums :hurray:

I procrastinated taking the College Composition CLEP exam almost up until the very last day that I could use my exam voucher for. I am not going to make any excuses as to why and I am very pleased on the outcome for how the surrounding events have transpired. Example ... if I had of taken the CLEP exam in a more timely manner, Full Sail University would have probably accepted that for the Eng. Composition course that they ultimately tried to force me into (end result ... I fired them).

I feel really good about the College Composition exam and would be shocked if I did not receive a passing score. I'll be anxiously anticipating receiving my score results from CollegeBoard for this exam.

These chain of events and other important circumstances within my family (3 teenagers in High School within my family dynamic) have increased my motivation to a whole new level as far as the direction and timeframe that I want to obtain my degree within.
Love your intro post!! I think you might be the first person here to do an intro video! Smile Welcome.

Good luck on your classes, I see you start this week. Any CLEP exams planned in your future?
cookderosa Wrote:Love your intro post!! I think you might be the first person here to do an intro video! Smile Welcome.

Jennifer -- Thank you!! To be fair, honest, and transparent ... I didn't create that video specifically for this forum. It was actually an assignment for my Digital Literacy class in Mar2014 at Full Sail University.

cookderosa Wrote:Good luck on your classes, I see you start this week. Any CLEP exams planned in your future?

Thank you again cheersmate

Definitely planning on taking more CLEP exams as well as DSST and maybe even TECEP (if I transfer from SNHU to TESC). I spoke to my student advisor today about potentially changing some classes that I am enrolled for in the term starting Jan2015 (ENG-123 & INT-113) to some of the Upper Level OL (Organizational Leadership) classes. It will be interesting to see what she finds out. If they are not willing to waive the "Junior prereg status" as a prerequisite, I may have to switch my enrollment from SNHU over to TESC and then come back to SNHU for my MBA.
Yonks Wrote:Jennifer -- Thank you!! To be fair, honest, and transparent ... I didn't create that video specifically for this forum. It was actually an assignment for my Digital Literacy class in Mar2014 at Full Sail University.

Thank you again cheersmate

Definitely planning on taking more CLEP exams as well as DSST and maybe even TECEP (if I transfer from SNHU to TESC). I spoke to my student advisor today about potentially changing some classes that I am enrolled for in the term starting Jan2015 (ENG-123 & INT-113) to some of the Upper Level OL (Organizational Leadership) classes. It will be interesting to see what she finds out. If they are not willing to waive the "Junior prereg status" as a prerequisite, I may have to switch my enrollment from SNHU over to TESC and then come back to SNHU for my MBA.

Good luck! Keep us posted!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  College will cost up to $95,000 this fall. Schools say it’s OK LevelUP 3 168 04-26-2024, 05:36 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Is AI Finally a Way to Reduce Higher Ed Costs? LevelUP 2 117 04-26-2024, 11:10 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Is online college easier now? Vle045 21 1,256 02-26-2024, 10:47 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  People Who Regret Their College Majors Are Sharing What Their Major Was LevelUP 22 1,618 02-26-2024, 07:34 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 1,992 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Verified College Credit Transfers TINASAM 0 271 02-19-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: TINASAM
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 555 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  NH Colby-Sawyer College cut their tuition 62% in 2023 ($46,000 to $17,500) Ares 2 431 02-14-2024, 07:08 AM
Last Post: Ares
  Tohono O’odham Community College: $34.25 Credit Hour! Ares 3 757 02-07-2024, 12:24 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  College enrollment rises after pandemic lull LevelUP 0 223 01-25-2024, 04:44 PM
Last Post: LevelUP