Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My Journey: BA in English from TESU
I did African Encounters this term at TESU and I found it to be pretty unenjoyable, tbh. The non-western lit options are limited though so what can you do
Study.com - 177 CR. TESU - 39 CR. Middle Georgia State University - 15 CR. Sonoran Desert Institute - 42 CR. COSC - 6 CR. Excelsior - 6 CR. CLEP - 6 CR. Sophia - 14 CR. TEEX - 2 CR. Shmoop - 18 CR. NFA - 4 CR. The Institutes - 2 CR. FEMA - 20ish

BA in History/English from TESU. 
BA in Communications from TESU. AS in Firearms Technology from SDI.

(12-05-2018, 10:13 PM)jsh1138 Wrote: I did African Encounters this term at TESU and I found it to be pretty unenjoyable, tbh. The non-western lit options are limited though so what can you do

Thanks for posting about your experience. I'm glad you got through it.

That Chinese poetry sounded good Sad Except that I'm already going to be doing a lot of other poetry.

- 2 Harvard Poetry courses (8)
- Coopersmith course. I'd rather a different topic, but this is convenient and cheap
- take a Non-Western course or PLA one. Possibly take it at TESU
- American Lit CLEP (6)
- 1 more new credit needed, unfortunately. I think this needs to be UL if my Non-Western is LL.

I searched again for Non-Western Lit courses. Frustrating. I'm concluding that most English majors at various schools don't take one of these. They take a World Lit that is less focused than TESU wants. TESU's requirement is strange.

I was thinking about PLA. To be safe, I would need to use the same books that the course used. So PLA may not give me a lot of flexibility.

I'm a little nervous about the Coopersmith course because of this post and his follow up post:
https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid218050
However, it's cheap UL credits!

Enrolled in the Coopersmith course. I'm wondering if I can pass this course even though it's open book. (Most of their courses are not.) Less than half is multiple-choice, which is probably good and bad. I don't want to waste the money. It has 4 required books not included and 6 other suggested books. I wish I knew someone who had taken this. Anyone with any experience with this subject matter, please PM.

(12-21-2018, 09:46 AM)Ideas Wrote: I'm a little nervous about the Coopersmith course because of this post and his follow up post:
https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid218050
However, it's cheap UL credits!

I wouldn't worry too much, the reply to my gripe in this thread was basically "You're right, this one is bad... But all of our other exams are easier." And I haven't heard any other complaints about Coopersmith, so I'm inclined to believe them. If you're taking any other exam, you'll probably be fine. And even hating the H&S Psych exam, I still was able to pass.

Do they have an online proctoring system yet, as far as you know? I took my exam just as they lost their online proctor setup.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
(12-23-2018, 01:43 PM)jsd Wrote: I wouldn't worry too much, the reply to my gripe in this thread was basically "You're right, this one is bad... But all of our other exams are easier." And I haven't heard any other complaints about Coopersmith, so I'm inclined to believe them. If you're taking any other exam, you'll probably be fine. And even hating the H&S Psych exam, I still was able to pass.

Do they have an online proctoring system yet, as far as you know? I took my exam just as they lost their online proctor setup.

Thank you Smile I've been thinking about it and my main worry relates to a disability. I didn't think about books being older, since I'm used to providers like SDC/MS, TECEPs, etc. It will probably work out.

Yes, it's through ProctorU. (There's a separate fee.)

I'm thinking again about PLA for Non-Western Lit. I feel that I understand PLA in general, but it's still confusing.

I think I could make up my own reading/writing assignments that target each of the learning objectives of a syllabus?
https://www2.tesu.edu/syllabus/current/L...T-460.html
It seems safer (more likely to get approved) if I cover the topics in the modules list too and do a similar length final assignment.

It seems best if I had the full details from an actual course, or some details? Then I could do the exact same assignments. I guess that's not necessary. The syllabus doesn't say what sections of the book are read, what the final assignment is about (beyond helping to show a student meets the objectives), etc.

In another thread, I found that dfrecore mentioned this course: Penn Foster ($379) - Advanced Composition UL
So if anyone needs another UL, that's a decent price. It might or might not work. You would have to check with TESU to be sure it doesn't duplicate.

I'm taking the OD English Education course. It's so cheap. It's only LL, but I might end up being able to use another LL course. (If my Non-Western Lit is UL.) I'm very interested in learning more about linguistics either way, even if it doesn't go into my degree plan. However, as I pointed out in the other thread, some of these videos are missing YouTube auto-generated captions, and those captions aren't the best. In this particular course, the audio quality is poor.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 16 2,352 04-18-2024, 11:51 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 532 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 457 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 480 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 261 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,236 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 236 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 377 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 301 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 280 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27