Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My first course (TEEX AWR-173) i enroll but im not elegible
I enroll in my first course for ACE credits, AWR-173-W Information Security Basics; i create account at TEEX and just enroll on course but now, to start it i must check the next checkbox:

This online course is intended solely for citizens and permanent residents of the United States of America.  Please click on the box to the right to indicate that you have read and understand this statement.

Im international student, so im not citizen or permanent resident of USA, so im not able to start the course  Sad
Oh realy i want to do this course also Sad.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SweetsugarNL's post:
  • cecilgambe7
(07-19-2019, 11:36 AM)SweetsugarNL Wrote: Oh realy i want to do this course also Sad.

It was even interesting for me because i also like IT, i also enroll in another free course of them (AWR174 - Cyber Ethics) and the same thing...
Hey everyone who is stuck at this step... just check that box, nothing will stop you from taking that course! That's just a statement, it's not a requirement. It even says it's "intended solely", it doesn't state you MUST be. Many people from Europe to India have taken this course - without issues. Further to that, I highly recommend taking all the paid $45 for 3 credit Lower Level and $75 for 3 credit Upper Level courses with TEEX for anyone doing a BALS.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 2 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • Life_One, MrBossmanJr
I wrote an email asking TEEX if I can take the courses as an international student and his response was:

The DHS/FEMA funded courses are for U.S. citizens and permanent residents of the U.S., therefore as an international student unfortunately you wouldn’t be eligible to take the courses.

So, i think TEEX courses are not international.
(08-01-2019, 02:51 PM)cecilgambe7 Wrote: I wrote an email asking TEEX if I can take the courses as an international student and his response was:

The DHS/FEMA funded courses are for U.S. citizens and permanent residents of the U.S., therefore as an international student unfortunately you wouldn’t be eligible to take the courses.

Check the box and take the course. The worst they can do is deny your credit or lock you out of the course.
WGU BSCSIA (In progress starting Feb 1st 2019)  49/122 credit hours.
PierPont BOG A.A.S 2018

CompTIA A+,Sec+.
SL. Intro to Environmental Science, Intro to Biology.  6 Credit hours.
Brick and Mortar college's 50 RA credits.
Pierpont institutional credit  INFO 2207, INFO 2256, INFO 2305. 9 Credit hours.
Sophia.
 Developing Effective Teams, The Essentials of Managing Conflict. 2 Credit hours
The Institutes. 312N-H Ethics, 2 credit hours.
Brick and Mortar College. Eng 205 research writing, 3 credit hours.

CLEP. Information Systems, 3 Credit hours.
Stanford Online. America's Poverty and Inequality Course, Statement of accomplishment.  
[-] The following 1 user Likes Life_One's post:
  • cecilgambe7
(08-01-2019, 05:30 PM)Life_One Wrote:
(08-01-2019, 02:51 PM)cecilgambe7 Wrote: I wrote an email asking TEEX if I can take the courses as an international student and his response was:

Check the box and take the course. The worst they can do is deny your credit or lock you out of the course.

I'd think they would just charge for the course, since it wouldn't be FEMA/DHS funded at that point. No idea what the baseline cost is. Probably not worth it in any case.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
Check the box and take the course. Many US Citizens/Permanent residents aren't going to take the course - so you can use their spot.
(08-02-2019, 05:10 PM)BrianFallon Wrote: Check the box and take the course.  Many US Citizens/Permanent residents aren't going to take the course - so you can use their spot.

I'm sure they take into account the estimated number of prospective students when budgeting for these courses. They don't intend that every citizen/resident will take them.

The courses are paid for by FEMA/DHS only for U.S. citizens and permanent residents. Are you suggesting that they attempt to defraud FEMA/DHS/TEEX? Chances of getting in trouble are slim, but cheating the system is never a good idea and could backfire if TEEX figures it out later. Doubly so since they reached out to TEEX already and was told that they were not eligible.

I would work with TEEX to see if there is a legit way to take the course if you really want it. Otherwise, just take the DSST Cybersecurity exam instead.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
I will admit that it's not very likely, but in an extreme case, it could be discovered after you graduate and cause your degree to be rescinded. I'd be loath to lie in order to save a few bucks.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 3 users Like davewill's post:
  • allvia, cecilgambe7, Life Long Learning

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 8 689 04-08-2024, 11:32 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Credly Badge Denied, TEEX Disaster Management for Water & Wastewater Utilities sixdegreesandamovie 3 307 03-07-2024, 11:46 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Teex - How long for Credly badges to show up? nyjosh 14 2,480 05-13-2023, 02:56 AM
Last Post: PrettyFlyforaChiGuy
  TEEX Accrediation creationstory 15 3,196 02-06-2023, 02:58 AM
Last Post: jessica222
  Welcome back, TEEX! rachel83az 25 4,494 01-23-2023, 04:55 PM
Last Post: Blckbuster
  TEEX Course Numbering creationstory 8 1,277 10-01-2021, 03:49 AM
Last Post: creationstory
  TEEX to Acclaim/Credly TwinMom 42 7,061 09-04-2021, 07:48 PM
Last Post: RiverM
  Is TESU asking the impossible Re: TEEX credits? rachel83az 38 5,974 08-23-2021, 09:23 PM
Last Post: jch
  TEEX Death Investigation Transfer Badge park0902 5 1,185 07-25-2021, 02:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TEEX courses already applied to degree Seagull 6 1,164 03-31-2021, 10:44 AM
Last Post: P226mem