Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEED WGU ADVICE - BSB-HR and transfer credits?
rowan555 Wrote:I'll have to figure out a way to connect you with my son so you guys can cheer each other on. He's not on this forum. He's working on Employment Law right now, trying to get through as much of it as possible prior to his start date.

I sent you a private message with my email address, but now I don't see it in my "sent" folder, let me know if you don't receive it?

I started on StraighterLine tonight and while I'm tearing through it rather quickly, I still prefer the "test only" format of CLEP/DSST so I'm going to keep plugging through those until my enrollment for WGU is complete and I begin courses. (I plan to get through four StraighterLine courses, just enough to apply for the scholarship Smile)
WGU - BS Business, HR - Completed September 2017
WGU - MS, Management & Leadership - Started February 2018
Also, thanks to your signature (Rowan) I saw that I could take Spreadsheets & Project Management at Saylor - did WGU accept these for your son's degree consideration? Did he like the Saylor courses, and how do they compare to SL?
jessikalauren Wrote:Also, thanks to your signature (Rowan) I saw that I could take Spreadsheets & Project Management at Saylor - did WGU accept these for your son's degree consideration? Did he like the Saylor courses, and how do they compare to SL?

Spreadsheets is one of the few non-transferable courses. He did take Intro to Business, Corporate Communication, and Marketing at Saylor and liked them a lot - they were the easier of the Saylor courses. He took both Economics via Saylor and bombed terribly on them, so re-rook at SL. As far as the three he took at Saylor, I do recommend those. Particularly Corporate Communication because it doesn't require any writing, and Marketing b/c last I checked SL doesn't offer that one. I have heard terrible things about Intro to Business being unreasonably difficult at WGU, so definitely take that one ahead of time.

Everything on my sig line was accepted at WGU other than Personal Finance which he took for the guardian scholarship at Study.com.
Here Researching for my son, who has done the following:
Community College: Intro to Philosophy, Fundamentals of IT, English Comp 1
Saylor: Intro to Business, Principles of  Marketing, Corporate Communication
Shmoop: US History 2 (WGU won't accept this)
ALEKS: Int. Algebra, College Algebra
Study.com: Personal Finance, Principles of Finance, HR Management, Global Business, Advanced Operations Management
Straighterline: US History 2, Environmental Science, US History, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, English Comp 2, Principles of Management, Business Law, Business Ethics, Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Accounting 1,Communication, Managerial Accounting, Statistics
Ed4Credit: Managing Information Systems
Sophia: Project Management
WGU: Bachelors in HR Management 

Second son is currently attending Penn Foster for his high school diploma, then on to Ashworth for An Associates in Criminal Justice
rowan555 Wrote:Spreadsheets is one of the few non-transferable courses. He did take Intro to Business, Corporate Communication, and Marketing at Saylor and liked them a lot - they were the easier of the Saylor courses. He took both Economics via Saylor and bombed terribly on them, so re-rook at SL. As far as the three he took at Saylor, I do recommend those. Particularly Corporate Communication because it doesn't require any writing, and Marketing b/c last I checked SL doesn't offer that one. I have heard terrible things about Intro to Business being unreasonably difficult at WGU, so definitely take that one ahead of time.

Everything on my sig line was accepted at WGU other than Personal Finance which he took for the guardian scholarship at Study.com.

This is fantastic info, thank you so much! I still have 5 DSST vouchers to use before they expire so I'm going to do Intro to Business that way (I'm actually scheduled to test while I'm on vacation in Denver at a local comm college). Good to know about spreadsheets, I was going to bug my enrollment advisor about this. I wish I'd talked to you about Corporate Communication via Saylor before I started last night on Business Communication through SL. I think there are two more papers left to write.

Thank you again! So awesome your son is going through all of this while he's young, I wish I had discovered these resources a long time ago. I was up until 2 plowing through StraighterLine, this hurts a LOT more in the morning when you're 30 ugh.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question regarding transfer credit courses jobojoe285 6 355 03-28-2024, 12:35 AM
Last Post: jobojoe285
  75% of credits oram3189 5 701 02-15-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  New transfer credit for Master degree - WGU Imbanewbie 16 2,307 01-20-2024, 04:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Expired CompTIA Certs for Transfer siersema 4 677 01-15-2024, 04:50 PM
Last Post: raekwon
  Computer Science 305: Operating Systems Transfer to WGU alesalsa10 4 767 10-19-2023, 02:20 PM
Last Post: alesalsa10
  Course Options - Need Advice SCM101 2 473 10-18-2023, 11:32 AM
Last Post: SCM101
  How do I know what classes I have completed and can transfer? tazz 17 3,042 10-06-2023, 05:02 PM
Last Post: tazz
  CLEP and CompTIA credits for BS in CS students? nomaduser 4 587 10-03-2023, 04:02 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  How do transfer (sophia.org/ACE) credits look on a WGU transcript for grad school? dan087 4 1,063 09-25-2023, 05:01 AM
Last Post: dan087
  Need Overall Advice Alim83 9 998 06-19-2023, 03:16 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77