Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFA and ACE
NFAOnline Browse Online Courses

I just learned about NFA. Not many topics came up in a search. I did read that courses Q118 and Q318 are Ace Approved and Excelsior will take them. Is this still accurate?

I found this at ACE:

Course Q118:
Self-Study Course for COMMUNITY Safey Educators
ACE Transcript Data: NNFA-0149
Organization: National Emergency Training Center (NFA)
Version 1
Length: Self-paced (average time 17.5 hours).
Dates: May 2000 – Present
Description: SELF-PACED (AVERAGE TIME 17.5 HRS.) Student will be able to understand and explain various aspects of COMMUNITY SAFETY education; develop a coalition strategy; locate resources; and evaluate COMMUNITY SAFETY education programs.
Objective: To teach fire and emergency service personnel how to do a better job of planning, implementing, and evaluating SAFETY programs, particularly in working with various people in the student's organization and within their COMMUNITY; to help students understand some of the basic concepts about how to get started with an organization's COMMUNITY SAFETY education programs; and to assist students with some tips and techniques on a variety of topics such as methods for locating partners to assist with COMMUNITY education or techniques for locating resources for SAFETY programs. The program is easy-reading, enjoyable and thought-provoking.
Learning Outcome: Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to understand and explain various aspects of COMMUNITY SAFETY education; develop a coalition strategy; locate resources; and evaluate COMMUNITY SAFETY education programs.
Instruction: Major topics covered in the course are an overview of COMMUNITY SAFETY education, identifying fire and injury problems, finding a partner, developing a coalition strategy, resources, implementation, and evaluation. Methods of instruction include exercises, case studies, learner presentations/reports, reading, a workbook, exercises, and final examination. The final examination is not proctored. NFA relies on its secure logon and password procedures for validity of student outcomes.
Credit Recommendation: In the vocational certificate or lower division baccalaureate/associate degree category, 1 semester hour in Fire Science, Adult Education, General Education, Public Health, or SAFETY Studies (8/01) (6/05)(9/09).

Course Q318:
FIRE SERVICE Supervision: Self Study
ACE Transcript Data: NNFA-0145
Organization: National Emergency Training Center (NFA)
Version 2
Length: 13 hours (self-study).
Dates: July 2003 – Present
Description: 13 hours (self-study). Student will be able to describe techniques for identifying and alleviating stress upon an individual; develop strategies for improving time management; and explain techniques for effective interpersonal communications, motivating, counseling, and coaching subordinates, and conflict resolution.
Objective: To introduce public safety SERVICEs managers and supervisors to principles and techniques of personal and personnel management.
Learning Outcome: Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to describe techniques for identifying and alleviating stress upon an individual; develop strategies for improving time management; and explain techniques for effective interpersonal communications, motivating, counseling, and coaching subordinates, and conflict resolution.
Instruction: Major topics covered in the course are stress management, time management, interpersonal communications, employee motivation, counseling and coaching, conflict resolution, and group dynamics. Methods of instruction include case studies, computer-assisted instruction, individual activities. Method of evaluation includes self-tests and a final examination.
Credit Recommendation: In the vocational or lower division baccalaureate/associate category, 1 semester hour in Personnel or Human Resources Management, Business or Public Administration, Behavioral Science, FIRE Science, FIRE Administration, Law Enforcement, or Criminal Justice (7/03) (12/08).
I believe all of the big three take any credit that is ACE approved and these still are.
Please stop corporate child abuse, learn about World Wide Association of Specialty Programs and other "troubled teen" facilities that abuse kids and cheat parents:
http://www.time.com/time/health/article/...82,00.html
http://cafety.org/films/765-whos-watchin...ontana-pbs

The Goal:
A.S. From Excelsior

>>>COMPLETE!

63 FEMA courses complete 1/2/10
4 NFA courses Complete 1/5/10
A+ (Computer Repair)
N+ (Networking)
MCP XP PRO (Microsoft Certified Professional)
AP English Literature
ALEKS Beginning Algebra
ALEKS Intermediate Algebra
ALEKS College Algebra
ALEKS TRIG.
ALEKS Intro to STATS
Straighterline Macro Econ
Straighterline Micro Econ
Straighterline Accounting I
Straighterline Accounting II
Penn Foster Info Literacy
Penn Foster Art Appreciation
Penn Foster Music Appreciation
Penn Foster Psychology
rickyjo Wrote:I believe all of the big three take any credit that is ACE approved and these still are.

LOL now we need to find out what NFA courses TESC takes because I can then take those for my missing electives...
If anyone out there has has nfa done through TESC let me know please thanks
[SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"][SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"][SIZE="4"][SIZE="4"][FONT="Arial Narrow"]"Oh, get a job? Just get a job? Why don't I strap on my job helmet, and squeeze down into a job cannon and fire off into job land, where jobs grow on jobbies!" Its always sunny in Philadelphia.

[SIZE="1"][FONT="Arial Narrow"]tesc credit banked
FEMA IS courses- alot

Aleks completed-many of them

Cleps:Spanish 67

Associates in psychology UOP
TESC BA in psychology[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]

attempting currently
Masters in counseling
nj593 Wrote:LOL now we need to find out what NFA courses TESC takes because I can then take those for my missing electives...
If anyone out there has has nfa done through TESC let me know please thanks

I believe TESC takes these three NFA courses, I would verify this with an advisor.

NFA:
Q318, Q534 & Q118
I also read this information elsewhere and done all three under the assumption that this is the case.
Please stop corporate child abuse, learn about World Wide Association of Specialty Programs and other "troubled teen" facilities that abuse kids and cheat parents:

The Goal:
A.S. From Excelsior

>>>COMPLETE!

A+ (Computer Repair)
N+ (Networking)
AP English Literature
ALEKS Beginning Algebra
ALEKS College Algebra
ALEKS TRIG.
ALEKS Intro to STATS
Penn Foster Music Appreciation
Penn Foster Psychology
I just knocked out Q118 and Q318 in 2 hours, and was about to start Q534 but there's a probem. I couldn't find 'Course Q534' in ACE's database. NFA has the course with no ace credit and 0.6 CEUs, whereas, Q118 and Q318 have 1 ACE and 1.5 CEUs listed on NFA.

I don't think Q534 is ACE accredited now.
how do you request a transcript and have 534 sent to TESC ?

thanks
DSST Environment & Race to Save Humanity *  51/80 Clep CIS  63/80
College Math  66/80 * DSST Business Law II  -  No Pass
Principles of Mgmt  61/80 * A/I Lit  51/80 retest 61/80
Social Sciences and History -  66/80  -  A * Freshman Composition  -  60/80
Intro to Computers  426 -Current System - p/f = pass * Intro to Modern Middle East Studies -  61/80
Human Cultural Geography  -  61/80 * US History I  - A   -61/80
US History II - A  68/80 * Civil War  -  A   57/80
Intro to World Religions  - A  68/80 * Intro to Bus Law -  64/80    A
Public Speaking 55/80  A * MIS 429/500 * Statistics 459/500 * MacroEconomics  57/80
MicroEconomics   53/80 (ran out no money in meter) * Criminal Justice 418/500
English Comp with Essay 58/80 * Personal Finance 406/500 (Ran thru IC once & test once... 40 minutes/98 questions.. close call) 
Principle of Supervision -  436/500 * Clep American Government 67/80  
FEMA's Completed - 49 (sorry i'm addicted to them).

BA - Criminal Justice - Central State University
AAS - Computer Science - TESU
AAS - BOG - Info Tech - Pierpont
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member
dondeal Wrote:I just knocked out Q118 and Q318 in 2 hours, and was about to start Q534 but there's a probem. I couldn't find 'Course Q534' in ACE's database. NFA has the course with no ace credit and 0.6 CEUs, whereas, Q118 and Q318 have 1 ACE and 1.5 CEUs listed on NFA.

I don't think Q534 is ACE accredited now.

Q534 is being accepted by TESC without it being listed for ACE credit, just like the FEMA's.

Excelsior is only accepting Q118 & Q318 because you can get them sent on an ACE transcript.

Peace123
peace123 Wrote:Q534 is being accepted by TESC without it being listed for ACE credit, just like the FEMA's.

Excelsior is only accepting Q118 & Q318 because you can get them sent on an ACE transcript.

Peace123

Hydraulic should work too

https://www.acenet.edu/transcripts/course.cfm?cid=74810
DSST Environment & Race to Save Humanity *  51/80 Clep CIS  63/80
College Math  66/80 * DSST Business Law II  -  No Pass
Principles of Mgmt  61/80 * A/I Lit  51/80 retest 61/80
Social Sciences and History -  66/80  -  A * Freshman Composition  -  60/80
Intro to Computers  426 -Current System - p/f = pass * Intro to Modern Middle East Studies -  61/80
Human Cultural Geography  -  61/80 * US History I  - A   -61/80
US History II - A  68/80 * Civil War  -  A   57/80
Intro to World Religions  - A  68/80 * Intro to Bus Law -  64/80    A
Public Speaking 55/80  A * MIS 429/500 * Statistics 459/500 * MacroEconomics  57/80
MicroEconomics   53/80 (ran out no money in meter) * Criminal Justice 418/500
English Comp with Essay 58/80 * Personal Finance 406/500 (Ran thru IC once & test once... 40 minutes/98 questions.. close call) 
Principle of Supervision -  436/500 * Clep American Government 67/80  
FEMA's Completed - 49 (sorry i'm addicted to them).

BA - Criminal Justice - Central State University
AAS - Computer Science - TESU
AAS - BOG - Info Tech - Pierpont
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member
Holy crap, what is this? I see it on the ACE list, and it does say version two; however, when I try to sign up I get this info:

"Q-137 Hydraulic Calculations for Water-Based Fire Protection Systems Plan Review
Expand Item Summary
Collapse Item Summary

COURSE P137
Go to Content
Add to Learning Plan
Revision: 1 - 02/23/2009 11:10 AM America/New York"

Is version two an in class only edition? I also want more information on this! I could use another NFA credit :-D

(Oh hey, I'm a "knight" now!)

EDIT: I noticed that on the ACE site it says "Length: Online Self-Study" so this is another NFA credit!!!! I think maybe "revision" and "version" are unrelated? I'm going to take it and find out unless somebody has any info! I'll know in a day or two!

Great find! Awesome find! Thanks a million!

I think a new thread should be created for this topic with a name that identifies the find so more people see it. Need somebody to confirm this is appropriate as it would technically be double posting.

The Goal:
A.S. From Excelsior

>>>COMPLETE!

A+ (Computer Repair)
N+ (Networking)
AP English Literature
ALEKS Beginning Algebra
ALEKS College Algebra
ALEKS TRIG.
ALEKS Intro to STATS